Working Out/Maintaining A Nice Body REALLY Requires A Strong Mental Attitude

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yep. I laid the foundation in my 20s; I merely work out to maintain now.

yea 3 yrs ago I lost 90 lbs in 8 months, and then started a bulk and never stopped :flabbynsick: so now I`m built like a 90s WWF wrestler. Issue is I like eating, and of course eating in a surplus = gains in the gym. I`m not trying to compete or anything so I`m def looking to quit BSing and get consistent with diet. I look at weight gain and loss via the If it Fit your macros rule of Calories in vs Calories out, but I want to now start focusing on being HEALTHY and Eating to Live oppose to just physical appearances. Since I`m older now I know my joints will start wearing down so I dont plan on doing stuff like bench pressing 315 for reps for ever because that will take a toll on me.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Tim Ferris made a good observation about fitness and income....he said he sees a correlation with people who make a lot of money and exercise...obviously they probably have the flexible schedule to work out and the money to eat well...but it's deeper than that too

If u are making million dollar deals on a weekly basis, you have no time to be sick in bed....if you get sick, you are literally losing millions, so you stay consistent and eat well so you are always healthy

you can apply this to the average person and older age...you don't want to go through life not exercising and eating well because it will catch up to you one day and those medical bills can wreck havoc on your savings...there's no point in working hard and saving for decades if all that money is gonna go to medical bills at 65....so everyone should have the habit of exercising and eating right from an early age

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
Brehs.

Thanks for this thread.

Imma bout to go hard in the gym again

Running or elliptical every day

And eating healthy to drop this weight.

Fish, chicken, eggs, oatmeal, vegetables and fruits.

It's not hard but I've just been lazy as hell lately :flabbynsick:

No one to blame but myself
If it wasn't hard you wouldn't have stopped

Underestimating what it takes is a sure fire way to fall off the tracks

Props for getting back on the horse though

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
You don't know how to use paint? :mjlol:

I've been working out for years. If people want to burn fat, just limit the portions and eat between 2-8 PM (preferably eating dinner at around 5-6 PM), then don't eat until 2 PM the next day, whilst working out right when you wake up in the morning. There's other stuff to it, but I ain't on here giving advice like that.

I remember weighing 210lbs, and after 3 months dropped down to 155lbs. Built up a lot of lean muscle via strength training over the next 3 years, and went up to 180. Was a bit more muscular than I wanted to be, so I stopped weight training, now I am 165lbs and I maintain this weight through my vegetarian diet, bodyweight exercises, and running/rock-climbing, camping, basically outdoor activities.

I don't really go to gyms to weight lift anymore. That is boring and kind of backwards in my opinion. But to each his own.

Easier said than done, I tried this shyt for a few weeks, and being that I sit at a desk for 12hrs a day and is bored for 11hr and 45 minutes of that day, eating is the only time we are officially excused for a few minutes. So its hard to avoid eating too much and easy to snack more often than not... Sedentary lifstyles make working out that much harder and especially when you are trying to do the intermittent fasting, that feeling of being hungry all the time is intensified when you are bored. I worked a job that was perfectly ok, and infact encouraged employees to go to the gym daily, so I am saying your office job included with the shameless shilling of fast food products in the media make it harder than it should be to eat right...

I still make it to the gym atleast 3 days a week but I know I can do more

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I Think Diet is the hardest thing more so than working out.
I'm home for the holidays and :ohlawd:

Had a whole cheesteak but i'm gonna vow to keep it clean/healthy until Christmas dinner :wow:

First time I been in a house with Apple Jacks though in what seems like forever:sadcam:..I been eating egg whites,and oatmeal for breakfast for 2months :damn:

BUT OP is right, nothing better than people you know saying your slim...and that is before you even tell them you've been dieting.

"Damn bruh your face is slimmer"

Your roommate girl saying you look slimmer :steviej:

I was walking around downtown Seattle this weekend feeling myself hardcore.Got 2 numbers gonna set something up for when I get back for New Years Eve. :banderas::jawalrus::blessed:

I haven't even been hitting the gym..just walking everywhere,and dieting. Once I start hitting the weights :whoo:

Gonna be a hot summer!!!!:umad::banderas:

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I find best time to go gym is right after work, if you go home first and plan on doing it a another time, YOU WONT.So many distractions at home.
I love going around midnight. In there dolo, music blasting, singing along loud as fukk :ahh:, but it's hard to do with a early work schedule.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
It is and so is diet.

I've cut out things like pop for the longest.

But I still have cravings for other sweet things I just ate about 5 biscuits like:francis:
Knowing damn well later Im finna go back for more.

I try to go to the gym in the mornings like 7/8AM as its usually empty:blessed:
But then at the same time it makes me slack a bit as I dont "rush" to finish my workout as I know theres nobody waiting for me to stop using the equipment, end up talking long ass breaks then when I look at the time i cba so rush through my last few workouts and sometimes may skip a set lol.

Need to get into a proper routine!

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
also idle time. The times I`m sitting around doing nothing is when I look at my girl and say "hey babe lets go try these triple layer donut burgers :flabbynsick:"
:skip:

Its funny... the nights I do cardio I usually wind up eating less too. I agree 100%, gotta set yourself up for success.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
If it wasn't hard you wouldn't have stopped

Underestimating what it takes is a sure fire way to fall off the tracks

Props for getting back on the horse though
It's not hard once you do it for about two to three weeks consistently and start to see and feel those changes it is easier to follow through but I am speaking about going to the gym the harder part for me is eating right but the gym is easy

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
To keep it 100, I'm also vain; I like my body looking a certain way, so I make sure I dedicate time to keep it that way.

Same here. My thing is whatever your motivation is, its better than having ZERO motivation. I like looking my best. I like the confidence it gives me towards the opposite sex. If thats being vain then its whatever. Ill be lying if i said thats not one of my main motivators. Of course i have other motivations but i think most people do it for vanity reasons. I got a cousin that will tellya quick that the main reason he stays in the gym is for the ladies. Nothin wrong with that in my opinion:yeshrug: