Working Out/Maintaining A Nice Body REALLY Requires A Strong Mental Attitude

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
@PhonZhi

I've learned the most HIDDEN thing that most people fail when it comes to working out etc is what they do and eat on the OFF days when they don't go to the gym. That was the key. The days I don't go, I have to eat even cleaner and even drink more water. I went from 191 at the start of 2013 to under 160 in like months and still in the 160 range to this day. Doing it for self and doing it by yourself is easier

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
And 1 thing i noticed is that we eat for "entertainment"
Yea diet is every day all day. That is really the challenge. I had to basically throw December in the bushes. Too much beer and good food. Got like 2 parties every weekend :francis:

January tho its back to the grind. And then April is when the cut starts.

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
Yup, I never really noticed how much I ate just because it "felt" good. I'm not even a big eater like that but now that I'm dirty bulking, I can appreciate how much I eat just because something taste good and there's nothing else to do.

Comfort food is so real :wow:

Eating is kinda like masturbation of the mouth :skip:
advantages of dirty bulking?
y01p7n9.png

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's about why you're doing it. i think that the people that do it for the superficial reasons are the ones that are more likely to basically destroy themselves while in the process of maintaining a certain look.

i often wonder what exactly is the point of the roid guy that basically juices himself up damn well knowing that he can't run without his heart flying out his chest. basically, what i'm saying is it really makes no sense to workout when it ceases to be fun. way too many people take that shyt seriously for all the wrong reasons where they take risks they shouldn't take for shyt that will fukk them up in the long run.

Daps
Reppin
Queens/NYC
I Think Diet is the hardest thing more so than working out.

People ask me if I go to the gym all the time. I honestly haven't been there in a year as I have a long commute with a lot of walking/stairs and also work out at home.

But I am really strict with my diet and supplementation and that is what keeps me in good health and good physique.

StealTheMoon

Rookie
Daps
THIS i told a guy on here never get in a shape just to make a woman like you, do it because you want to better yourself and if arent good enough for her at ur worst then she's not good enough to be with you at ur best
I feel you on doing it for you, that's helped me a lot

But you do realize you just gave the same line these thots on these dating sites stay puking up.

"If you don't love me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best":snoop:

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
I feel you on doing it for you, that's helped me a lot

But you do realize you just gave the same line these thots on these dating sites stay puking up.

"If you don't love me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best":snoop:
fukk em. Thats a pet peeve of mines don't be fake to me, but shyt they right also if you can't be with them over looks you don't derserve to be with them if they get in shape.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
This mite be me.:unsure:

Ive been accused of being "vain" a few times.

I just like too see whats in the mirror:ld:
average body people call people who want to have a nice physique "vain"....these are the same people who call rich people "greedy" for having so much money...take it as a compliment

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Working out is more about discipline than motivation imo. In my case, motivation comes from progressively seeing results but it's nearly impossible to feel motivated 24/7.

Some days you're gonna be like fukk it and instead browse some stupid bullshyt on the web, lay in bed etc. That's when you need discipline and kinda look at working out as a job where you're gonna face extreme consequences if you decide you don't wanna do it.

I was thinking about how alot of pro athletes get :flabbynsick:after they retire. I think it has alot to do with motivation. After they retire they're just simply not motivated anymore to maintain a workout and diet regiment. While they are playing, they have the motivation of contracts, performance bonuses, being cut from the team, etc to stay in peak physical condition. Basically their livelihood depends on them being in shape.To make it to the pros discipline is needed but to STAY motivation is needed. After retirement that motivation is gone for alot of athletes to maintain their fitness level. But of course there are guys like Deion Sanders and Jerry Rice who are still motivated to workout well after retirement. I guess discipline and motivation goes hand in hand:yeshrug:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I've fallin off from my peak in 2013, but I had a gangsta physique word to CJ from San Andreas after you take him to the gym :blessed:

Now I'm still above average but I gotta get back to a regular regimen in January...it really is mental and a person's body tells you a lot, don't let anyone tell you differently...women love muscles, only online they say they don't....or if their current man doesn't have any :sas2:.....but definitely work out for you first...just like u should be trying get money for you...never just to impress a woman :scust:

young brehs under 25...... WORK OUT NOW

My gains from 20-21 are still with me to this day at 25....even when I fall off, I still look better than most dudes and it doesn't take long for me to get back in shape...I know when I get into my 30s, I can't fall off for months tho...

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
Staying in shape, to me, is simply a part of living. You are nothing without your health; staying in shape will, hopefully, keep me spry and healthy as I'm getting up there in age. I think the fact that I came from such a "regimented" background (I did sports and danced professionally for 10+ years) helped also, because working out/eating healthy became 2nd nature to me.

To keep it 100, I'm also vain; I like my body looking a certain way, so I make sure I dedicate time to keep it that way.

My daily routine includes a workout of some sort; I feel weird if I skip multiple days in a row.

Last edited: