Working Out/Maintaining A Nice Body REALLY Requires A Strong Mental Attitude

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
@PhonZhi you one of my favorite "non troll" posters on the site bro...always insightful

You're exactly right. I've been in the gym these last few months after some tough personal issues. I'm motivated bc I got somebody basically "training" me and helping me to stay motivated. I wake up at 3:30am Tues-Sat and am in the gym by 4 for my hour workout. I've even written the exercises we did the first couple days/weeks down so when he doesn't show (hes a busy man, military/pastor) and he doesn't some days, I can STILL go and get it in. It's hard yes, but I tell you what, I am happy everytime I leave that bad boy...When I'm all sweated up and pumped, it feels AWESOME. Yeah the gains are coming slow, but you know what, I'ma stick at it because i DO see em...slight in some areas, more pronounced in others but they're there.

Told myself for 2016, it's about changing the diet like I did with the gym. Just do it. Will it be hard? Absolutely but i think it's possible. Am I gonna go full vegan and eat only the freshest of kills? Nah...but I'll adjust and cut some of the BS out of my diet so I can help accelerate the workouts I'm doing.

You're exactly right tho, if it was easy, we'd all be doing it, it does take discipline, effort and self-motiviation. I'm working on just staying consistent and doing better. Yeah it does feel good to have women looking at you different, and just feeling different overall. Best change I've decided to make. :salute: you PhonZhi and all my other folks out here getting it or at least attempting to get it!!! Stay motivated!

KingCairo

Pro
Daps
For all my Katz just getting back in the gym or looking to get in the gym please take a before pic and update progress every 2 or 3 weeks and the changes you see if your consistent with a moderately healthy diet and exercise at least 4 days a week are priceless. Since I've received great gains from the gym the thought of going back to being flabby is what motivates me to keep going hard. Looking great in any T-Shirt I wear is priceless (while saving money) and the amount of cooperation from women I receive is on Herculean status. Trust me if your losing with women, get you some gainz and your fortune will improve dramatically.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I worked out for almost a year straight in 2011-2012

Spent 5 days max in the gym doing everything, weights, cardio, water aerobics, pilates, etc.
Did yoga and kickboxing the same time too.
Took supplements as well to help me out.

I haven't worked out in over a year and I still look good. :blessed:I'll skateboard and walk for exercise but that's it.

fukk it, I'm about to join the gym and do it again.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
@PhonZhi you one of my favorite "non troll" posters on the site bro...always insightful

You're exactly right. I've been in the gym these last few months after some tough personal issues. I'm motivated bc I got somebody basically "training" me and helping me to stay motivated. I wake up at 3:30am Tues-Sat and am in the gym by 4 for my hour workout. I've even written the exercises we did the first couple days/weeks down so when he doesn't show (hes a busy man, military/pastor) and he doesn't some days, I can STILL go and get it in. It's hard yes, but I tell you what, I am happy everytime I leave that bad boy...When I'm all sweated up and pumped, it feels AWESOME. Yeah the gains are coming slow, but you know what, I'ma stick at it because i DO see em...slight in some areas, more pronounced in others but they're there.

Told myself for 2016, it's about changing the diet like I did with the gym. Just do it. Will it be hard? Absolutely but i think it's possible. Am I gonna go full vegan and eat only the freshest of kills? Nah...but I'll adjust and cut some of the BS out of my diet so I can help accelerate the workouts I'm doing.

You're exactly right tho, if it was easy, we'd all be doing it, it does take discipline, effort and self-motiviation. I'm working on just staying consistent and doing better. Yeah it does feel good to have women looking at you different, and just feeling different overall. Best change I've decided to make. :salute: you PhonZhi and all my other folks out here getting it or at least attempting to get it!!! Stay motivated!

No doubt, keep at it mayne:salute:

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
How are y'all vain? @Rusty Kuntz Because you all take pride in being healthy?
Health is the most important reason, but I'm "vain'' because I like looking a certain way in clothes/naked. Maintaining physical attractiveness is important to me; I like looking good for myself and my husband.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Health is the most important reason, but I'm "vain'' because I like looking a certain way in clothes/naked. Maintaining physical attractiveness is important to me; I like looking good for myself and my husband.
:shaq: my pm is open/ready :feedme:

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Currently in a group on Facebook called 100 Days of Workouts. You gotta do at least a half house of some kind of workout everyday for 100 straight days - weightlifting, running, yoga, callisthenics, whatever. Even if its just a long walk. You post what you did everyday. Makes you accountable. Today is day 17 for me.

larryshogunz

Southside...
Daps
Hardest part about going to the gym, is getting up and getting there.

All I do is take my pre-workout supps, then mix my intra-workout supps. And theres no turning back.

Brosef

I respect O.G. knowledge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I was doing good from around 2012-2014 but then life happened and I haven't been on the right track. But definitely for 2016, I'm gonna reach that goal. I'm finally in the position where I can keep a consistent gym membership and also eat healthy and clean.

don't be the type of dude that shows up 6x/ week Jan - March then disappears

I truly hate y'all :madmj2: