Women 28-early 30's

Daps
I agree to an extent... I don't see a problem with asking someone if marriage is off the table for them... Many men don't want marriage these days... Nothing wrong with figuring it out early...

I think the tact and level of communication used by the lady was off putting; but discussing viewpoints on marriage is pivotal and should be done early

It's not what you say but how you say it.

ASKING what someone's thoughts are on marriage etc is one thing, giving basically an ultimatum after 1 week is PSYCHO.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not as aggressive as the lady in the OP, but I'll be 28 in about 2 wks and I weed guys out pretty early. Its not desperation, I just dont want to waste time and I'm not giving my cookies out to a man who is not deserving. Also in my experience, men who are ready for commitment will make their intentions pretty early on. My current boyfriend is that he made his intentions very clearly essentially from the beginning, he's just waiting for me to come around.

So maybe she could sense OPs hesitation and was just trying to get the tough conversation out of the way.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
I'm not as aggressive as the lady in the OP, but I'll be 28 in about 2 wks and I weed guys out pretty early. Its not desperation, I just dont want to waste time and I'm not giving my cookies out to a man who is not deserving. Also in my experience, men who are ready for commitment will make their intentions pretty early on. My current boyfriend is that he made his intentions very clearly essentially from the beginning, he's just waiting for me to come around.

So maybe she could sense OPs hesitation and was just trying to get the tough conversation out of the way.

This. I think she hates herself for having wasted time and now she wants to make up for it.

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
How the fukk am I confused about this? It's been a week, the fukk I look trying to be in a relationship with someone after a fukking week. I know exactly what I want and its not a woman so thirsty for a man she'd try to force one she's just met to fill that spot.

You're just trying to get daps from delusional brehettes who think she was in the right. fukk outta here you beta ass bytch.

She was in a relationship for 9 years and dude left her a few months ago.

A week though? She just wants to be married and not a wife. Eventually when she get's over the dazzles and sparkles of her daydream she will be looking into a divorce. People should not get married just to say, "Hey I'm married", or just because they want to check something off of their bucket list, or just to feel a spot. She probably thinks that marriage means you will be around her forever and you not just abandoning her like her previous man did. .On the other hand she may have just wasted her time in a worthless shytty relationship. I do not know what happened in her 9 year relationship, but if being a wife was really that important to her then that relationship would not have went into 9 years (of course there are exceptions). Hopefully she resolves her internal issues.

Edit: I see nothing wrong with a woman wanting to know how serious a man is about marriage, but I also believe that she should pay attention to his actions and not just his word. You could always lie to her and tell her that you really want to be husband but that is not your true intentions. Asking after a week just doesn't come off as genuine.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
A week is too early but I do respect women who make their intentions clear and will be straight up with you on what it is THEY want relationship wise.

It's why I've traditionally sought out older women. They know what they want and are less likely to play games and be on that stupid shyt.

What she PROBABLY meant was that "Hey I'm 30, I'm not trying to be your plaything or your cuffing season boo. I want someone whose ready to potentially build something long term". And "long term" usually does indeed mean taking it slow, not jumping into sex, courting, etc.

I'd try to have the conversation with her based upon those principles and more than likely she'll be receptive. If she wants you to just jump into cuffing ad wifing her after a week then it's time to show her the bushes, Becuase she's insane

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Like I told @Miranda I do want companionship, I just don't want to press it happening. And it's weird as fukk to me when I meet women who feel they need to press that issue.

It tells me they just want a title and not an actual relationship.

A week though? She just wants to be married and not a wife. Eventually when she get's over the dazzles and sparkles of her daydream she will be looking into a divorce. People should not get married just to say, "Hey I'm married", or just because they want to check something off of their bucket list, or just to feel a spot. She probably thinks that marriage means you will be around her forever and you not just abandoning her like her previous man did. .On the other hand she may have just wasted her time in a worthless shytty relationship. I do not know what happened in her 9 year relationship, but if being a wife was really that important to her then that relationship would not have went into 9 years (of course there are exceptions). Hopefully she resolves her internal issues.

Edit: I see nothing wrong with a woman wanting to know how serious a man is about marriage, but I also believe that she should pay attention to his actions and not just his word. You could always lie to her and tell her that you really want to be husband but that is not your true intentions. Asking after a week just doesn't come off as genuine.
that's the thing that annoys me about this age group. I get it. If a woman wants to have family, biology says she can't be wasting her youth on lifetime bachelors. BUT I much rather get married to someone who wants to marry me for who I am as a person, instead of wanting to marry me because - a) you just want a husband, b) you just want to be a wife, c) you just want to have a wedding day and I just so happen to be the most decent dude around at the time when you wanted this. Once you're over this phase then what?

I remember I was dealing with one chick who flat out told me she wanted a boyfriend because she was the only single person left in her group of girlfriends :scust:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Stop pressing nikkas to wife you. :what:

If you want a relationship you don't go about it by trying to bulldog a nikka into it after a couple of weeks.

I've been dealing with this 30 year old chick for a week, I repeat a week and she just got pissed at me because I said I want to take things slow, after she asked what my intentions were with her this morning.

"I'm 30 years old sweetie, I don't want a friend with benefits, I need a man. You can either step up or leave me alone":what:

I understand the pressure a woman has to start family life at that age, but this is crazy. This happens to me every time I deal with a woman in that age bracket. This particular woman has a good job, is woke, intelligent, and very attractive, but she's gonna scare everyone off if she keeps acting like this. It's a damn shame.

Brehettes, if you find yourself behaving in this manner please stop. All you have to do is give a man space, and when he's with you keep his stomach full and his nuts empty and he'll most likely come around on his own.

:wow:I'm going to use this.......

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
More like.. if you 28-30.. and you're such a good catch.. why you ain't wifed up yet :mjpls:

lol you're clueless, most of the most desirable men aren't wifed up at 28-30....

Usually the married men are on the physical decline by then and place too much of their value in a relationship.

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
A lot the women on this site don't even TRY to be objective. Did you even read what he said? :mjlol:

Y'all really out here pressing dudes for relationships after a week?

No one said she shouldn't let her expectations be known. But a week? a fukking week? :russ:

What fantasy land do some of y'all live in?

Edit: I think this is even more ridiculous to press this if the "relationship" hasn't even gotten physical yet. If it has, then maybe she needs to check her own expectations first.

Last edited:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Stop pressing nikkas to wife you. :what:

If you want a relationship you don't go about it by trying to bulldog a nikka into it after a couple of weeks.

I've been dealing with this 30 year old chick for a week, I repeat a week and she just got pissed at me because I said I want to take things slow, after she asked what my intentions were with her this morning.

"I'm 30 years old sweetie, I don't want a friend with benefits, I need a man. You can either step up or leave me alone":what:

I understand the pressure a woman has to start family life at that age, but this is crazy. This happens to me every time I deal with a woman in that age bracket. This particular woman has a good job, is woke, intelligent, and very attractive, but she's gonna scare everyone off if she keeps acting like this. It's a damn shame.

Brehettes, if you find yourself behaving in this manner please stop. All you have to do is give a man space, and when he's with you keep his stomach full and his nuts empty and he'll most likely come around on his own.

I can respect a woman letting you know what she's about up front.