Woman Says Kendrick Lamar's Pro Black Image Is Just Marketing & He's A Fake Deep Self Righteous c00n

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
I made a thread a few yrs back that TPAB was not a "Pro Black" thread and dudes were in their crying up a storm. IMO Pro Black is talking about Solutions/action and being PROACTIVE opposed to just saying "these white folks killing us, what about black on black crime, etc".

IMO Public Enemy was pro black, Kendrick is merely "aware" of the current condition of Blacks in America. Being "aware" isn't a bad thing, but eventually you need to do something opposed to just being "aware".

Ex-blackly

Already posted my action playlist in this thread, hope all the big mouth nikkas are taking notes

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
man fukk what women say, they just mad that he with a light skinned chick.....thats really the issue with them...dude is cool, but can be pretty deep and it goes over peoples head, some people dont like that shyt thought. I dont think he is fake though, he acks like a normal nikka from Cali..

Another rookie. I'm sensing a theme :jbhmm:

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
Kendrick is as real as it's currently going to get on a corporate level. Not by any fault of his either, really, it's moreso a fault of the system that creates our heroes. Is he a pawn? Yes. Is he doing the best he can, given the shackles of corporate ownership? Yes. Pac's girl at the end of his life was fair-skinned, does that make him a c00n too? So who isn't a c00n? If anything, I respect the message being sent by him staying with his day one, non-white girlfriend amidst the success.

The truth is, black women like the one in the video have been neglected and abused for so long that they're angry at all black men. It's like, no matter what you do, black feminists always have you under a microscope, searching for that one flaw that lumps you in with the rest of ain't shyt black men. If you're Future, you're a deadbeat; if you're Kendrick, you're a c00n. Yet these videos lack a proper critique of the corporate systems, ran by white men and women, responsible for every aspect of these guys' images.

:russell:

The funniest shyt is 1. I actually agree with your entire first paragraph and 2. I go so hard for Black men lmao. I don't like KENDRICK and I am critiquing him in particular. Y'all really think these nikkas are above criticism and no one is above criticism, fukk all that. Sidenote: I don't even identify as a Black feminist and have several videos on why white feminism is trash.

I'm starting to think y'all didn't watch this video and definitely haven't watched MOST of my videos. Y'all are looking at me a black woman and making a snap judgement, just like a cac. It's all good tho :manny: I'm used to it

Last edited:

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
I mean it may seem like that nowadays but we only 2yrs removed from Wale's run when he was relevant wit Cole n' them. I'm just tired of these think pieces knocking artists for what they aint doing but no one speaks the loudest for nikkas actually doing good. Also this criticism on Kendrick been said multiple times, but why does no one go hard at Drake and Sean when they wit white women? They still making money off content black women support.

I don't fukk with Drake or Sean either and am VERY vocal in my criticism of those two.

Wale has got it, too (Janelle Monae got it in this video, too)

I'm an equal opportunist when it comes to telling ppl to shut the fukk up.

Last edited:

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
I wonder who would be the perfect rapper. Like who would be the rapper that would get little to no criticism. It's like dammar if you do damned if you don't. I personally think Kendrick is overrated but I have no problem with his content or him though

No such thing as perfect, no one is above criticism. Why is this something y'all want? You should want critique for your favorite artists so they can grow.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
Haven't listened to the videos to hear her rationale, but I agree with the premise.

I've been saying it........Now let me listen to her explanation:jbhmm:

Edit:So this is about his girls skin color?...Never-fukking-mind:beli:

I have a whole series of vids on him and his respectability politics and pro-Black lite shyt outside of the gf and THAT'S what was selected to get posted in this thread :comeon:. I posted the rest if you want to watch.

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
Past 5 pages has been a prime example of one "Doing the Most"

Daps
The woman in the video posts here, if you disagree, list out your counter arguments instead of name calling.

I can understand where she's coming from with the wife thing because quite a few of his songs entail his love for black women and specifically dark skin women

she never said she hated his wife because she was lightskin. She was saying that preaching dark skin women this and that, and not having that reflected in your life sounds ingenious.

This is what happens when you pander to Black women. Kendrick knows how darkskin women feel and he tries to give them love

You really think if kendrick didnt big up dark skin girls in particular in a lyric or something, he would have NEVER gotten flak for dating a liteskin woman?

But Stacker Pentecost made a good point in her video. Kendrick is definitely pandering a little bit with the wanting a dark chick with a Richard Pryor afro Schtick.

Nobody put a gun to Kendrick's head and told him to say he wants a dark skin chick with an Afro when his gf looks like a kardashian

i only watched a couple minutes of the video which was timestamped where she accuses him of "hiding" his girlfriend. lol, thats where is stop it cuz it just seems like gossip. he is the famous artist, not her. i dont pay attention to famous people's spouse so to me this could easily apply to like 98% of famous people that are dating non-famous people. unless the spouses are in it for the fame too then you might know who they are... but if that was the case they would probably be accused of being a fame whore or gold digger or something like that so idk... seems like a lose lose situation when it comes to critics.

also i may have this out of context cuz i didnt watch the alleged colorism part of the video but im mostly gonna reply to the posts above. its seems like a lot of people agree with the argument, but in order for that argument to be correct... the basis has to be correct (that's how logic works) that kendrick has actual spit bars specifically in support of darker women. now i may be off right now cuz i havent listened to a lot of kendrick other than DAMN. in the last few months but i can't recall him specifically saying something about darker women that also cant apply to brown skin women or light skin women. on "Humble" he didn't say show me a dark skin woman with an afro... he said "show me something natural like afro on richard prior, show me something natural like ass with stretch marks, still gon take you down on ya mama couch with polo socks on". why did yall assume this was about dark black women instead of a woman with naturally curly hair... even after he further clarified "natural" like stretch marks, and further after the fact that the woman shown in the video looks like a brown skin blasian and not a dark skin african lady? to me the line seems more about vanity then about skin color (the song is called humble after all so it makes sense in context). since the fact is that he hasnt really pandered to one skin shade over the other during his career (see Complexion, fukk your ethnicity...if anything he tends to shout out mostly not dark-skin women from halle berry (at least 3 times lol), beyonce, rihanna, badu, light skin girls in little dresses, sade, etc) then there really is no basis to call him a fake/hypocrite for dating a lightskin black woman.

long story short: do yall really listen to rap or you just skim through it and go look at twitter?

Last edited:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
'She hates Black men' :mjlol:

'She loves white ppl' :mjlol:

'What does she do to big up black ppl'

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3YCr5ve8oqa50tamP6elR9bCBLIWLGXB

How about y'all remove another man's dikk from your mouths, watch some videos and learn something

Oh and #SupportBlackOwnedBusiness

Black Spring Essentials

bytch all your videos mean jack shyt if your uploading them to "white" owned platforms like YouTube.

SupportBlackOwnedBusiness my ass

edit: Come to think of it, I seriously hope you're not catfishing as the woman in these videos because your posts sound jack shyt like her.

Last edited:

Jesus Bhrist

All Star
Daps
Nah angela davis was a c00n because she talked all that blackity black shyt and was with white boys the whole time and after

Just like nina simone and maya angelou

I was gunna mention that but you & absolutely right...