Woman Says Kendrick Lamar's Pro Black Image Is Just Marketing & He's A Fake Deep Self Righteous c00n

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Kendrick has been on the same tip for YEARS. Just because he had one album that was primarily focused on that topic (loving yourself/blackness) doesn't mean it was a gimmick. With DAMN, that album was focused on spirituality. Does that mean he's using a God as a gimmick when he's been talking about God in his lyrics since the beginning?

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Exactly.

Kendrick is a good rapper and I'm somewhat happy a conscious rapper is #1 right now instead of drake or Wayne.

But @Stacker Pentecost made a good point in her video. Kendrick is definitely pandering a little bit with the wanting a dark chick with a Richard Pryor afro Schtick.

But still it's a positive message so I'll let him cook.
nikka aint #1 tho

I dont like drake but that nikka still is #1

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
One of the biggest problem in the black community, this NEED to always tear each other down and act like youre mightier than others..

its sickening, black people are the only race that love publically shaming other blacks, this whole ''exposal'' era we're in.. its pitiful

i dont listen to dumb ass black women like this, ''oh he married a lightskin, he gotta be a c00n''

since when was lightskin not black :dahell:

nikkas so damn full of self hatred... sad

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This chick got some type of deranged grudge against kendrick. pretty sure I called her retarded when I saw this bullshyt in text form so I'll pass on watching and discussing the vids

Artists who project posivity in their music often face a backlash in rap. These are literally comments made on the coli about positive music

"No one is that happy, he smiles too much"

"They don't play Kendrick in the hood"

"I can't bang this in the whip"

"That shyt is for cacs"

The irony is that nikkaz saying this will atribute negativity to keeping it real and will take c00n.raps in with no hesitation but as soon as an artist get a lil conscious he is being "preachy". They will disect his life to prove he isn't as pro black or whatever. All of this is a defence mecanism. People don't want to hold themselves to a higher standard or feel challenged to change. A lot of us have become comfortable with c00ning and anti intelectualism and don't want their position challenged.

Like they say you gonna find more people willing to help you do bad than good. When you try to uplighting folks you face a stiff arm of resistance but talk that ignorant shyt and entertain the lowest common denominator and you welcomed with open arms. That is our current reality. That's why dudes like 21 savage finessing the game and they will openly speak on selling negativity because positivity is shunned.

On god, this is the realest post on the coli. Ever.

nikkas disscet and crucify you if you dare emphasize postivity instead of killing/shytting on/flexing on nikkas. On some real shyt why does it seem like black folks in america are 110% more receptive to being talked down on?
People are trying to outwoke each other for attention and props it isn't a productive use of time or resources. It's more about clout and making yourself some kind of authority on shyt. So the "concious" people that should be about shyt are caught up in fighting amongst themselves.

What harm does a "fake" woke artists do if that's his angle? Shyt is retarded...

I'm not sure when it became marketing gold to push pro black music but it has never been so people need to kill that theory that it's a selling point. That's deadass stupid
:mjlol:
I owe you reps, possibly for life.
nikkas here saying "kendrick gets nothing to puting on a probalck image"

Bullshyt

Theres a huge nonblack audience who love that shyt, surpringsly many r white. Yall just gon ignore all the
Whites, Mexicans, asians who love Tupac. PE had lots of nonblack fans. And these r some of the people who make up kendricks fanbase. Infact they majority.

Bullshyt.

You're insinuating a "pro-black image"is what all those acts have in common that draws non-black fans. that's fukking retarded. majority of early migos fans, chief keef fans, Young thug, or lil uzi fans are white people. Most of these wack trap rappers have majority white fanbases especially before they hit mainstream. And even before them dudes like Pusha T, 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks etc have always had a vast majority of white fans.

Facts: it was never trendy/cool/profiable to be problack in rap outside of Queen Latifah's era. For every 1 kendrick that comes into the game there are 20 tee grizzleys. Dudes come in the game rapping about money/bytches/killing nikkas because they know what works.
Is the back community the only one to call out others for being aware on this type of level?

Like god damn this shyt nonstop.

Like god damn its like if one our kind is considered nice or positive we go so far to prove they are not. Like why?
Truth. I fukking hate it

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think posters mistake "The Coli" for the "Black Community". I don't think
Kendrick Lamar falls under this distinction but I feel it's perfectly fine to criticize "Positive" people. Depending on how they market themselves and their content, it can easily be seen as a negative.

Look at David Banner, he threw on a dashiki and throws a whole hell of a lot of shade Black people. If the message is ultimately still is "Black = incompetent, ignorant, stupid etc." then it doesn't fukking matter if you're not rapping about pimping hoes, shooting guns or moving bricks.

Why ?
Because your so called "Positivity" just stands to reinforce stereotypes and racial tropes. If you need more examples look no further than Hopsin or other painfully contrived pseudo deep "Positive" rappers.

Again, I don't feel Kendrick Lamar falls under this whatsoever but I did feel the need to point out that simply not being a gangster rapper does not get you trophies in my eyes

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
she has a septum piercing

SESlfr8.png
I take everything she says with an atom of salt

Don't you mean molecule? :troll:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Bullshyt.

You're insinuating a "pro-black image"is what all those acts have in common that draws non-black fans. that's fukking retarded. majority of early migos fans, chief keef fans, Young thug, or lil uzi fans are white people. Most of these wack trap rappers have majority white fanbases especially before they hit mainstream. And even before them dudes like Pusha T, 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks etc have always had a vast majority of white fans.

Facts: it was never trendy/cool/profiable to be problack in rap outside of Queen Latifah's era. For every 1 kendrick that comes into the game there are 20 tee grizzleys. Dudes come in the game rapping about money/bytches/killing nikkas because they know what works.
wtf are you bringing this shyt up for?

yall dumbass nikkas are reacting to my post in your feelings responding and bringing up shyt that wasnt in my post.

im not talkin about all nonblack fans like concious raps, but a good number of them like that shyt

the nonblack fans im referring to are the ones that love Pac, PE, cube, etc and they been around for a while and there is a big number of them, and they flock to Kendrick.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I've performed on shows with Kendrick Lamar a couple times. He never struck me as a c00n or anything along those lines.

I've seen alot of tatted up nosering broads in my travels.
It is my experience that listening to them for an opinion on anything other than local organic food spots or weed is a missuse of your finite resources.

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
She said it in a Youtube blog video so it must be true.

:francis:

Kendrick is a rapper. He is a musical entertainer. Not no damn civil rights leader.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Obviously reality would have a balanced representation. No one is asking for music that is pandering to any one side. I disagree with you however that those are valid criticisms. They are excuses and lies. Especially the makes music for cacs one. And Kendrick is on aftermath. There isn't any one of his records that can't bang in the whip :mjlol:

It's not about a lack of authenticity it's people tryna make you fit their mold of what black is or a rapper is.

Look @ when Kendrick bought his sister a ride and people actually found reasons to hate because they thought the car wasn't expensive or Flossy enough. The criticism isn't about music it's mostly about image and subject matter. He doesn't fit their mold. He isn't street enough (doesn't get play in the hood... Lie), or Flossy enough, he is preachy and fake deep.

If we were really talking about the music we would be touching on how trash his features are and the lack of quotables. Not him being fake deep.

so you had TPAB in your whip:comeon:?and why is it wrong for people to trying to fit rappers into a mold of what they think a rapper is?or should i say what is new about it?nikkas can sit around all day saying what and who aint real hiphop,which has nothing to do with the music either. But as soon as you criticize conscience rappers for being "boring",for they music not bumping in the whip,or getting no play in the streets,all of a sudden it aint cool now:hubie:

him being fake deep goes hand in hand with the music, for those who say he really aint saying shyt(i disagree)....to me its a fair point to bring up because of the pedestal these nikkas are put on,and the fact they are almost bulletproof and above criticism....you cant bring up trash features or lack of quotables,they will say you too dumb to understand or just love ignorance too much to love Kendrick,might even call you a c00n for questioning the image when street rappers image get questioned and mocked 24/7.

why is authenticity only important in one lane of hiphop,I question these weirdo nikkas too,we got alot of fake weirdos in the game right now....might need to up that SZA thread to show TDE might be habitual with this shyt,even the freckles was fake:sas2:.

whether you fake goon,fake pimp,fake player,fake conscience nikka,you never above exposal:mjcry:

LoStranger

Banned
Daps
So what if he likes light skin black girls or is with one? There are white dudes who only date white girls who have blonde hair and blue eyes.....