Woman falls to her death on Texas Giant roller coaster

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
roller coasters do have sensors in the station that tells when each restraint is secure. That's probably the best possibility for a lawsuit. If the sensor indicated it was secure and malfunctioned, that will mean millions in damages.

SumBlackguyz

Cacs Gonna Cac
Daps
Reppin
Greensboro, NC
Lol at all of your flawed logic behind not riding roller coasters the same as people that are scared to fly in an airplane. You d realize you're more likely to die in a car accident on the way to Six flags, or getting struck by lightning 4 times in a row while wearing wet pumas than dying from falling out of a roller coaster? :heh: :childplease:

GMOGMediaTV

GMOGMedia.tv
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I went on crazy Roller Coasters as a kid at Six Flags Magic Mountain. I'm glad i'm still alive today!

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One of the worst ways to go.I remember Six Flags over Georgia had a coaster called Z Force back in the day and someone died on it and they shut it down.When i rode Superman i was scared as fukk cuz they turn you upside down with just a bar holding you in and im 6'3 250 and i thought that little bar was going to come loose.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Lol at all of your flawed logic behind not riding roller coasters the same as people that are scared to fly in an airplane. You d realize you're more likely to die in a car accident on the way to Six flags, or getting struck by lightning 4 times in a row while wearing wet pumas than dying from falling out of a roller coaster? :heh: :childplease:

I'd rather die in a car accident than hurling to my death 1000 feet in the air. Hitting the ground from 300 feet up is probably :sadcam: and the whole time you're falling, you know it's over :sadcam:

BlackElitism

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Washington, DC
but you drive every day, correct? about 30,000 people die a year in cars wrecks....4 die from roller coaster accidents....

:stopitslime:

I think the fear is rational though. Getting into a car accident isn't a sure death. Although a lot of of people die from car accidents yearly, compared to the number of actual car accidents it's probably low. Falling from a roller coaster is a sure death. A plane crash for the most part is a sure death. That's why we celebrate the Sully Sullenbergers landing a plane on a river because that plane is supposed to plunge headfirst killing all passengers aboard. That car analogy is used by gun lobbyists as well and it's completely illogical.

Coming from someone who has been skydiving 5 times, I completely understand why people don't do it. I recently made the decision that I wouldn't be doing it ever again.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I went to an amusement park last month...the employees just tap the bar and move on. They not actively going through and making sure everyone is securely strapped in. After the worker already moved on to the next seat, I realized my bar went down a second latch. Thanks for keeping me safe breh :stopitslime:

BlackElitism

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Washington, DC
In 2010
31,672 persons died from firearm injuries in the United States (
accounting for 17.5 percent of all injury deaths in that year. The two major component causes of all
firearm injury deaths in 2010 were suicide (61.2 percent) and homicide (35.0 percent)

Now I wasn't able to pull up exactly how many gun related incidents happen in a year but the thing is it's almost a guarantee you are going to be in a bad situation if you get shot. That's why I don't understand the contrasts you guys are using to clown people with rational fears. Same logic gun lobbyists use :snoop:

In 2010 26,852 persons died as the result of falls, 14.9 percent of all injury deaths (overwhelming majority of fall-related deaths (96.9 percent) were unintentional. In 2010, the age-
adjusted death rate for falls increased 2.5 percent from 2009

Falling is a big problem. Contractors, construction workers, elderly. etc.

Car Crash Stats: There were nearly 6,420,000 auto accidents in the United States in 2005. The financial cost of these crashes is more than 230 Billion dollars. 2.9 million people were injured and 42,636 people killed.

This is my point. Getting into a car accident isn't a death sentence. While it's a more everyday occurrence and you are more likely to get into a fender bender than get shot or fall from a roller coaster, the point is it isn't a death sentence. Getting shot and falling from a roller coaster :whoa: