WNBA Legend Sheryl Swoopes has been hating on PAWG superstar Caitlin Clarke for some reason

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Clark is a good player, but I'm not shytting on Sheryl Swoopes, who accomplished much success such as being a 3× MVP, 4× champion, 6× all-star, 3× DPOY, 2× scoring champ, 3× Olympic gold medalist, along with many more WNBA and collegiate accolades, stuff that Caitlin can only dream of doing in her career if she has even had that kind of longevity.
Caitlin is definitely besting those numbers in the bold if she's healthy for 16-years, and she'll probably double or triple her number of scoring titles.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
This situation is getting bizzare.

With all the attention Clark and Reese have gotten, I think they might be the two most underrated players in the WNBA because of how much the other sides fans pick apart their game.

NBA fans were easily the worst and most uneducated fan base of all the major sports.

But WNBA fans... nah ya'll got it, ya'll some ignorant spiteful mfers :mjlol:
Reese don't mind the coverage truth be told, especially now (I think LSU she struggled with shyt when it got real)

but yeah this is just wild. I do feel bad for some of the players who are legitimately better than her who for whatever reason get dismissed. The only boxes A'Ja Wilson doesn't check off is that she's not short and white, yet "women's basketball fans" talk about her like she has every negative aspect of Tim Duncan. Caitlin and Angel bring something different which not even the NBA has: an actual rivalry, albeit between two players. For as much as Clark props up the ratings and views and the discussion, those same fans can't find much else they like about the sport and that's concerning. That's the next step in the growth of the sport and Swoopes be in her feelings too much to spearhead that part of the discussion.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Caitlin is definitely besting those numbers in the bold if she's healthy for 16-years, and she'll probably double or triple her number of scoring titles.
Caitlin can eclipse Swoopes no doubt. For me, I don't know how I could put her ahead of the Birds and Moores and Stewies and Ajas, etc. unless she dominated the WNBA (since Moore and Stewie dominated in college AND won titles). She'll get bonus points for doing it in what looks like the deepest pool of women's talent ever coming.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Swoopes is the 3rd best womens player ever. She said some factually incorect shyt and said she was sorry. She aint gotta kiss Clark Ass. She can credit others as well
She never said “sorry”, she sent Caitlin a DM saying she made a mistake. Your apology should be as loud as your hate. Get back on the same platform you made those false statements and apologize.

Last edited:

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get the lesbian angle but if it was just the black thing why did Jordan blow up so much? I’m just curious because even in the 80s I feel like people still felt like they could be more openly racist but he was miles ahead of everybody. I really want to see a breakdown on this because we’ve pretty much broken through every other sport outside of hockey and soccer(maybe) as being the faces of every of other league it seems like.
Society recognizes men for their accomplishments, not women. Dominant black women in athletics won't get the same props because white men don't think they are desirable enough to recognized.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
This situation is getting bizzare.

With all the attention Clark and Reese have gotten, I think they might be the two most underrated players in the WNBA because of how much the other sides fans pick apart their game.

NBA fans were easily the worst and most uneducated fan base of all the major sports.

But WNBA fans... nah ya'll got it, ya'll some ignorant spiteful mfers :mjlol:
WTMZball brehs and brehettes are coming for the crown. Gotta realize that these are also mf’s who didn’t give a shyt about women’s sports until maybe 18 months ago now they pretend to be experts and historians

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Caitlin can eclipse Swoopes no doubt. For me, I don't know how I could put her ahead of the Birds and Moores and Stewies and Ajas, etc. unless she dominated the WNBA (since Moore and Stewie dominated in college AND won titles). She'll get bonus points for doing it in what looks like the deepest pool of women's talent ever coming.
Comparing them in college is strange because both Stewart and Maya Moore played on stacked ass teams. CC went out with a max of 2 quality players and some mid for all of her collegiate career.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
I get the lesbian angle but if it was just the black thing why did Jordan blow up so much? I’m just curious because even in the 80s I feel like people still felt like they could be more openly racist but he was miles ahead of everybody. I really want to see a breakdown on this because we’ve pretty much broken through every other sport outside of hockey and soccer(maybe) as being the faces of every of other league it seems like.
Jordan came after the Bird/Magic racial dynamic put a lot more eyes on the league. It’s funny how we’re kinda seeing the same thing with Clark/Reese (although to a much lesser extent).

Maybe in the future there we will see a feminine but dominant black player who’s a huge draw, as the league continues to grow behind the Caitlin Clark effect

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She never said “sorry”, she sent Caitlin a DM saying she made a mistake. Your apology should be as loud as your hate. Get back on the same platform you made those false statements and apologize.
exactly, she went on a podcast that racks up millions of views and listens and said it but "apologized" in private and she didn't even acknowledge the two other lies about her age and shot attempts in her message

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Jordan came after the Bird/Magic racial dynamic put a lot more eyes on the league. It’s funny how we’re kinda seeing the same thing with Clark/Reese (although to a much lesser extent).

Maybe in the future there we will see a feminine but dominant black player who’s a huge draw, as the league continues to grow behind the Caitlin Clark effect
what part of this equation. does A'ja not fit into?

In other words, what else does she have to do to draw?