WNBA Legend Sheryl Swoopes has been hating on PAWG superstar Caitlin Clarke for some reason

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The hatred over this chick is really making a lot of people look stupid. A few months ago the argument was that she can't be ROTY because her team wasn't contending whereas Reese's was. Now her squad has a higher seed than Reese's team and nobody talks about that anymore, funny.

I think it's obvious that there's an angry, bitter segment of the fanbase AND players who won't admit they're wrong. I don't think this is a black woman problem though. Think about NBA narratives when Larry Bird and Magic entered the league. Imagine being some hardened vet enforcer back then being told that a couple rookies were saving the league you helped build. You'd be mad too. Or think what the NHL went through in the 90s when certain players and play styles got phased out. The old guard is always going to be bitter. At some point you gotta take the L. And that starts with acknowledging that rookie of the year isn't tied. Clark is clearly better than Reese, who plays like Kwame Brown.

:mjlol:

With that said, Caitlin Clark is cold. They tried to rough her up when she first came in the league but, she quickly adapted.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
meanwhile, it's nothing but positive vibes in Indianapolis right now :wow:

Caitlin2.gif

caitfever.jpg

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
The banners are hung up at the Toyota Center. Notice Swoopes jersey isn’t retired :sas2:

IMG-4522.jpg
I'm glad they did that. A few yrs back , one of the networks were doing a piece on Swoopes this is where she was talking about going broke and kinda of being a lesbian but not really being a leabian. It also talked about how at that point the Comets banners, Jerseys, and other accomplishments were locked away. So at least there's that.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Imagine how bitter these older wnba women gotta be knowing how much this girl is making compared with the crumbs they got

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
Bomani Jones called it. The more popular the sport gets, the more dumb shyt you're gonna hear. It's really baffling these dumb ass discussions that happen. I understand the competition of it and the ego the athletes have but shytting on the new players doesn't make the older players look better. Especially for those of us who remember their careers. It's just not necessary.

They gotta get offline and stop interjecting themselves in online discussions of "GOATs" and "trash", "overrated" etc. because the people leading those discussions are fools and people who actually enjoy watching a sport dont give a shyt about when their actually watching the game. We want to be entertained, we want to see skill and CC brings both :manny:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

- "Everytime Caitlin has the ball, she pushes off"
- "Caitlin Clarke took 5 years to break a scoring College record, so it doesn't count" - She only played 4 years and broke the College scoring record in 13 fewer games
- "Caitlin takes about 40 shots per game, that's why her numbers are high" - She only attempted 20 shots per game
- "Caitlin has an advantage over alot of rookies because she's 25 years old killing the younger players" - She's only 22 years old

Like where did the beef start :patrice:
They had an on court interview before, and they seemed cool with each other. Enough of the older generation hating on the younger generation

When CC broke her tournament scoring record last year

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Sheryl Swoopes is wrong for lying on Clark and she’s definitely been sipping on some Hatorade. But I can see where the pushback comes from. If Clark was a good black or lesbian player, the media and her racist fans on twitter/youtube wouldn’t be pretending they suddenly give a damn about women’s basketball.

Clark just keeps her head down and plays ball though. Her fans are garbage but there’s no reason to come after Clark directly.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Swoopes is the 3rd best womens player ever. She said some factually incorect shyt and said she was sorry. She aint gotta kiss Clark Ass. She can credit others as well

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This situation is getting bizzare.

With all the attention Clark and Reese have gotten, I think they might be the two most underrated players in the WNBA because of how much the other sides fans pick apart their game.

NBA fans were easily the worst and most uneducated fan base of all the major sports.

But WNBA fans... nah ya'll got it, ya'll some ignorant spiteful mfers :mjlol:

Daps
Sheryl Swoopes is wrong for lying on Clark and she’s definitely been sipping on some Hatorade. But I can see where the pushback comes from. If Clark was a good black or lesbian player, the media and her racist fans on twitter/youtube wouldn’t be pretending they suddenly give a damn about women’s basketball.

Clark just keeps her head down and plays ball though. Her fans are garbage but there’s no reason to come after Clark directly.
I get the lesbian angle but if it was just the black thing why did Jordan blow up so much? I’m just curious because even in the 80s I feel like people still felt like they could be more openly racist but he was miles ahead of everybody. I really want to see a breakdown on this because we’ve pretty much broken through every other sport outside of hockey and soccer(maybe) as being the faces of every of other league it seems like.