WNBA Legend Sheryl Swoopes has been hating on PAWG superstar Caitlin Clarke for some reason

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Pretty much every basketball show on the radio discusses her fairly. I'm not talking podcasts, but on the actual radio. I listen to alot of Sirius and it's not over the top love with no critism.

The primary critiams are she can use better shot selection and she complains way too much. I hear that all the time.
All you have to do is look in the comment sections playa.. and I promise you will understand

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
When Sheryl is proven wrong she’s allowed to continue to hate because of who she is

When Shaq does it he’s corny and needs to stop being insecure :laff:
BYL8KuLIAAAvKrX.jpg

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Nikka go drink some prune juice and stop quoting me with that bullshyt. Nothing you said has been factually correct. You don’t know shyt :mjlol:

Georgia c00ney.

You getting washed just like Jerry conney did to superior black talent.

You racist c00n enabler.
Ol rooted in kuklos lacking urban intellectual goofie.

Now when you ready to read some facts.
F Use that ampersand in the sky. So I can table you the fukk up.

c00n ass goofie = @Georgiamuscle

Art Barr

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
Why aren't we "keeping it hoops"?

Who cares if she's a divestor. Which she isn't, because she's dated nothing but Black men.

The hate she gets was never justified, and it was based on her beating CC in the college title game and dishing back to CC, what CC was putting out. Two cocky young competitors. And there's nothing wrong with that.....unless the cocky person in question isn't CC. That's where the Angel Reese hate came from. Dudes in here calling her "Ice Age", calling her ugly, bug-eyed etc, yet wanna play dumb on where the hatred is from. Even before this whole divestor narrative got to spinning, you had a contigent of black dudes calling her ugly, and overrated and being pissed that other brothers were simping. NONE of this is purely about hoops. And I'm sick and tired of dudes in here pretending otherwise when it comes to being CC fans. Alot of dudes just need a black female enemy. White guys and some black men need this too. Some black dudes just wanna be contrarian to stir the pot. :dead:

True indeed. True indeed.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
The game is the game. And competitors compete. Nobody is going to be on hands and knees, because CC is the Moses parting the wealth barrier Red Sea. You still have to compete at the end of the day, and you still have to compete for yours. The discourse around CC has overwhelmingly been about how “mean” the other players are. :mjlol:

It’s rarely been about ball. Or else this whiny ass captain Sav em ass thread wouldn’t have even been made. :manny:

CC fans want everyone to kiss the ring. And that’s typical stannery. Which isn’t horrible. No different than bron stans, Kobe Stan’s, Michael Jackson Stan’s. But just call it what it is. Especially when it comes to how a decent portion of her fans operate and vs who she’s up against in that league. Lifestyle wise. :mjpls:
This thread got made because Swoopes criticism has nothing to do with ball. Just like many women hating on Clark has nothing to do with ball. I date and live with one of em who doesnt know shyt about sports , but cannot separate her feelings toward the very real hatred that BW face (especially Black/Queer women face) from CC and like Swoopes and a few other WNBA players/personalities, she winds up sounding just as stupid and deranged as the same cacs that hate BW :mjlol: .

Women are awful at compartmentalizing (many men are too but women are far worse) and this really is what this whole "backlash" is about. Im in the same camp as Barkley who is fiercely pragmatic about THE MONEY and let some of these women have their way, they will gladly shut the door on progress until the next "Great One" emerges who looks like them. Cant have it both ways.

These women cannot let their feelings about something that isnt changing anytime soon (MISOGYNOIR), nor something that the WNBA of all things isnt gonna fix tilt them into coming off as a bunch of bitter gatekeepers. Especially if the goal is about succeeding within a capitalist framework.

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
sports analysts have done this to black athletes for decades.
This is why I asked the question. Because this has been happening to Black players since the beginning of time.

Bro, Swoopes had to be put off of commenting the Fever/Dallas games. That's how bad she was hating. It was extremely obvious with her.

[QUOTE="RedBull, post: 53767458, member: 55

Question, has this ever happened to a hating commentator or play by play?
[/QUOTE]

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I really don't understand the angle y'all take with Caitlin. All she ever does is put her head down and ball the fukk out. Her fans are whatever and we don't even need to mention Angel here.

Rookie season got her 8th in scoring, 2nd in FT percentage, 19th in rebounds, 1st in assists (set all time wnba single season record) 15th in steals, 18th in blocks. Sure, get her on the turnovers but that's about it. I think objectively, we can say she's been better than the hype. She unlocked the code and its getting crazy out there. Developed a floater, outlet passes be ridiculous on the regular, handle is even tighter than before. For people who have been unquestionably great in the sport, it's seemingly tough to stomach the fact that there might be another level beyond what their peak was but Caitlin is a prodigy. I just choose to sit back and enjoy the show.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Nobody is claiming CC isn't a good player and isn't playing great.. where people get annoyed is when you have to shyt on Angel Reese to big up CC.. Or you cant even have a criticism about CC.. It turns into you're hater or what about this or that player

It is the same style of racism and bullshyt.

The midwest meets eastern blueblood seaboard style of racism from bird v magic in 1979.
Where if you critique the losses or how larry bird failed to win. Or even Bird's game.
It is deflected on to.
some asinine talking points centered around racism.

Art Barr