WNBA Legend Sheryl Swoopes has been hating on PAWG superstar Caitlin Clarke for some reason

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
yea look at Juju, got the keys day 1 and now she got the stars flocking to her, Fulwiley would have been a way bigger name and had the stats to match if she wasn't coming off the bench at SC.
Exactly!!!

Like I don't get it. I would much rather take the Caitlin Clark route and have a waaaaay bigger following and make more money in the long run than be on a team like UCONN or South Carolina that are Powerhouses but you are basically a Cog in the machine:dahell:

Go build a program up and BE A LEGEND. None of these girls going to Powerhouse schools will eclipse CC, I hope they know that. It will only be a girl from a non-powerhouse school

BTW CC made Geno eat shyt cuz I think in June he was being super critical of her and now he look like a dumbass :russ:

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
I just don't understand the hate. If you're a hooper, you can tell when someone is legit or not. I started watching CC hoop at the beginning of her junior season. Ended seeing her old footage from her AAU days. They had her hooping with boys until she became a teenager. The women has been legit for a minute now. It really does remind me of Steph Curry. Some thought he was fluky at Davidson and it wouldn't translate to the NBA.

I did see the Gil podcast when Sheryl first started talking sideways and I was hella surprised. She still won't move off her original stance. Weird.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
That's why I think if these girls (and shyt guys too) want WAAAAY more notoriety they need to start ducking these damn Powerhouse Schools and go build up a school that's not known for basketball like Caitlin did

That's why she got a ton of praise. Nobody had ever thought about no damn Iowa before Caitlin Clark!!!:what:She took that school that has Never been known as a basketball school to the Championship game TWICE back to back. That's incredible.

That's why I wish Paige went somewhere else becuz Geno CLEARLY has held her back cuz he the type of coach that wants to win with his system not a star player (which I understand) but Stars drive popularity in Basketball
Elena Delle Donne spurned UConn to go to Delaware. It's not like Clark's a pioneer in that regard. Plum went to Washington. Griner went to Baylor. South Carolina wasn't much til Staley went there and that's started a wave of women's hoopers to where now they're the powerhouse. UConn's been treading water for a while now. If Bueckers restores them to glory, that's a big deal.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Elena Delle Donne spurned UConn to go to Delaware. It's not like Clark's a pioneer in that regard. Plum went to Washington. Griner went to Baylor. South Carolina wasn't much til Staley went there and that's started a wave of women's hoopers to where now they're the powerhouse. UConn's been treading water for a while now. If Bueckers restores them to glory, that's a big deal.
This is true. But did they take their schools to back to back Championships tho?

Daps
No lmao A’ja literally has gotten better each year and her game will age gracefully as for Caitlin more and more guards will come in doing what she does such as Paige juju that hick from South Carolina etc
You honestly think people can copy Clark that often? It’s clear she a little different than most guards coming into the league. That’s like when people said there would be more curry’s coming into the league but it still hasn’t happened

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Elena did that for her sister tho

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Almost everyone who discusses this topic demonstrates a lack of understanding of WNBA history, race as it relates to the WNBA, Iowa basketball, and Caitlin Clark's game. I truly don't believe she would be such a galvanizing and divisive figure in any era that didn't have social media warping the way we consume and comment on sports and social issues.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
This situation is getting bizzare.

With all the attention Clark and Reese have gotten, I think they might be the two most underrated players in the WNBA because of how much the other sides fans pick apart their game.

NBA fans were easily the worst and most uneducated fan base of all the major sports.

But WNBA fans... nah ya'll got it, ya'll some ignorant spiteful mfers :mjlol:

To me not surprising . I remember one of my first jobs was working with a bunch of women nothing but haters.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When you sling disses in public the apology has to be in public. Don’t slander my name in public for everyone then send an apology in private where nobody will see.

She has made it worse by her subsequent actions as well.
Yup agree 100% just say you fukked up and keep it pushing

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Almost everyone who discusses this topic demonstrates a lack of understanding of WNBA history, race as it relates to the WNBA, Iowa basketball, and Caitlin Clark's game. I truly don't believe she would be such a galvanizing and divisive figure in any era that didn't have social media warping the way we consume and comment on sports and social issues.

Yup

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
I just don't understand the hate. If you're a hooper, you can tell when someone is legit or not. I started watching CC hoop at the beginning of her junior season. Ended seeing her old footage from her AAU days. They had her hooping with boys until she became a teenager. The women has been legit for a minute now. It really does remind me of Steph Curry. Some thought he was fluky at Davidson and it wouldn't translate to the NBA.

I did see the Gil podcast when Sheryl first started talking sideways and I was hella surprised. She still won't move off her original stance. Weird.
This right here, fukk all the other shyt the girl can hoop, period. A racial component is always gonna exist and anyone would be a fool to not expect that but this is not a "fake it til you make it" situation. CC can flat out hoop, and it's getting harder and harder to deny her talent with each passing game. Thing is this is basketball where people don't hone in and watch like they should, and add on newer fans who live for the narratives the shyt is tiring for the people who can appreciate her ball skill.