With the Bethesda acquisition Xbox All Access has become the Goat gaming situation.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Doom is fire. I’m pretty sure the next Elder Scrolls will have better graphics bruh. Either way. If they allow mods on console like they did PC it’s a wrap. Elder Scrolls is absolutely a system seller. Dishonored is a dope series as well. Competition is a good thing. Don’t matter to me because I will have both PS5 and a gaming PC. If I didn’t have a gaming PC I would’ve copped all consoles this gen as well like every other gen.
It's gonna sell to the 5 million people who were already going to buy an Xbox

No one who wanted a ps5 is skipping the purchase because of Bethesda

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I thought that was M$'s ultimate end goal anyways and why they've changed focus with the Gamerpass approach anywayz. Could've sworn I've even saw some xbox/M$ stans on their boast that claim some time ago.

It is. But its a double edged sword. There's a ton of M$ stans that do NOT have gaming pc's nor the means to get one. And if they cede the console market to Playstation...that's what people will buy.

GamePass is a great product and is a look into the future, but it WILL come at the cost of the Xbox platform.
The downside, is that unlike Netflix at its ascent, there ARE competitors that have offerings that are just as good if not superior (Steam/Epic/etc, Playstation exclusives).
If it works, M$ rakes in money like never before. If Gamepass just holds what it has now or can't take a big enough market share from PS and Steam, Xbox goes extinct, and M$'s gaming division basically becomes Sega.

Its a massive gamble. One that SHOULD work, but a gamble none the less.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the ecosystem :blessed:

I been down with Gamepass for a while now and was actually trying to buy the console in full but All-Access was the first option that went through for me throughout the preorder madness

Got my shyt secured for pickup at the store right by my house for $0 down :banderas:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
It is. But its a double edged sword. There's a ton of M$ stans that do NOT have gaming pc's nor the means to get one. And if they cede the console market to Playstation...that's what people will buy.

GamePass is a great product and is a look into the future, but it WILL come at the cost of the Xbox platform.
The downside, is that unlike Netflix at its ascent, there ARE competitors that have offerings that are just as good if not superior (Steam/Epic/etc, Playstation exclusives).
If it works, M$ rakes in money like never before. If Gamepass just holds what it has now or can't take a big enough market share from PS and Steam, Xbox goes extinct, and M$'s gaming division basically becomes Sega.

Bro Microsoft just spent 7 billion dollars on game studios. PlayStation just made about 7 billion in profits in the entire gen, Xbox will never be sega.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Their not gonna stop selling Xbox consoles. They make the most money there by far.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
For the most part, to play Playstation games and IPs you MUST own a Playstation. With GamePass lots of MS's IP go to that and PC as well. And with gaming PC sales on the rise and X-Box's last gen with dismal numbers, many of the potential customers for an XBox will already have PCs.

So if you have half your consumers on arguably a better platform already, you are giving them all the same games, what insentive is there for people to buy your (no longer) proprietary system?
If GamePass continues to grow and eventually becomes the Netflix of gaming...no there will be no reasons for them to pour hundreds of millions into hardware development, advertising and marketing.

pretend like microsoft wont make money by also selling to microsoft brehs :russ: PC gaming is microsoft based unless you're riding with that clunky linux freeware bullshyt

those is the system requirements:lawd:

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gamepass isn’t sustainable

It's absolutely sustainable.

They have 15M subs with their "weak" first party output. With Bethesda and their other acquisitions they will easily double that.

30M subs at a 70/30 split between the $10 and $15 tier gets you 345M a month/4.14B a year in revenue.

GameCost1.jpg

As a publisher you'd need your game to sell 155M copies to hit 4B after the retailers and etc get their cut. That's GTA numbers. Game Pass is a way to circumvent the individual need for a game to sell x amount of millions to justify the continued existence of that IP or studio by bundling all them shyts together.

Daps
Xbox was getting that ass spanked for years so they ran to get big brother :mjlol: ain’t gonna whip that ass too.

Elder scrolls and shifting the room like that :mjlol:

I ask, what games will you be playing for your xbox in the next year?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It's absolutely sustainable.

They have 15M subs with their "weak" first party output. With Bethesda and their other acquisitions they will easily double that.

30M subs at a 70/30 split between the $10 and $15 tier gets you 345M a month/4.14B a year in revenue.

GameCost1.jpg

As a publisher you'd need your game to sell 155M copies to hit 4B after the retailers and etc get their cut. That's GTA numbers. Game Pass is a way to circumvent the individual need for a game to sell x amount of millions to justify the continued existence of that IP or studio by bundling all them shyts together.

Math is off bruh.

You looking at this with every game being 60 bucks including 3rd party publishers who are not putting their shyt on Gamepass Day 1 or even within a few months. GTA is at like 120 million copies but that's over 7 years and not being 60 bucks still. The 3rd party games on gamepass are games that are older and not 60 anymore. Can't even say it's a 70/30 split either.

For MS published games, the acquisition is great and adds great value for the future of Gamepass. Can't be denied.

They are definitely counting on attracting even more new customers to help recoup that cost even more. They definitely want to attract some of that Playstation fanbase to gamepass if Sony continues not to push PS Now more as they should.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Can someone explain why you have to download games if it runs from the cloud ?
Two separate things.

Xcloud. Is cloud gaming.

Gamepass is access to a library of games.

You can either download them on your Xbox or PC. Or you can stream them to other devices.

Last edited: