With the Bethesda acquisition Xbox All Access has become the Goat gaming situation.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Math is off bruh.

You looking at this with every game being 60 bucks including 3rd party publishers who are not putting their shyt on Gamepass Day 1 or even within a few months. GTA is at like 120 million copies but that's over 7 years and not being 60 bucks still. The 3rd party games on gamepass are games that are older and not 60 anymore. Can't even say it's a 70/30 split either.

For MS published games, the acquisition is great and adds great value for the future of Gamepass. Can't be denied.

They are definitely counting on attracting even more new customers to help recoup that cost even more. They definitely want to attract some of that Playstation fanbase to gamepass if Sony continues not to push PS Now more as they should.
Average attach rate per console is less than 10 games over the course of a generation. Keep someone subscribed to Gamepass for the majority of the gen, they stand to make a lot more money than they would have selling games individually. Also considering the fact that people will still buy dlc/expansions and other games outside the service.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Average attach rate per console is less than 10 games over the course of a generation. Keep someone subscribed to Gamepass for the majority of the gen, they stand to make a lot more money than they would have selling games individually. Also considering the fact that people will still buy dlc/expansions and other games outside the service.

I'm sure they did the math. Don't disagree.

Endgame is getting EVERYONE on Gamepass, not just Xbox/PC customers.

I still think they should wait a couple of months to put Xbox exclusives on Gamepass to maximize the 60 dollar prices first instead of putting them on there day 1. But again, maybe they are figuring in the lower margins upfront to justify keeping you in the ecosystem forever.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm sure they did the math. Don't disagree.

Endgame is getting EVERYONE on Gamepass, not just Xbox/PC customers.
They don’t need PlayStation for that :mjpls:

I still think they should wait a couple of months to put Xbox exclusives on Gamepass to maximize the 60 dollar prices first instead of putting them on there day 1. But again, maybe they are figuring in the lower margins upfront to justify keeping you in the ecosystem forever.
Netflix tried this and eventually settled on what they have now. Keeping people subscribed indefinitely is the goal.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Why do all of you dudes sound like Microsoft employees when talking about Gamepass or Xbox?

"For $29.99 you get access to Halo, Gears, Forza, State of Decay, Cuphead and a host of other 3rd party games but WAIT THERE'S MORE! ACT NOW AND YOU CAN SIGN UP FOR ONLY $29.99 AND GET NOT ONLY THIS BUT THE ENTIRE CONSOLE AS WELL!"

29922471.jpg

head ass.
:dead::mjlol:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Bro Microsoft just spent 7 billion dollars on game studios. PlayStation just made about 7 billion in profits in the entire gen, Xbox will never be sega.

I'll admit my point is hyperbolic, but spending money on game studios isn't the same as pumping money back into console/hardware R&D.
And by the way Playstation revenue was around 6 billion FOR Q1 2020. :martin:

So no, they didn't make 7 Billion in profits for the gen. Get the facts right. As a matter of fact if you took JUST console sales into consideration, PS made about $45 Billion. Again, not counting game sales, peripherals and PS Plus subs.

Their not gonna stop selling Xbox consoles. They make the most money there by far.
The Xbox only accounted for around 10% of Microsoft's revenue in Q4 2019....and console sales dropped PRECIPITOUSLY then as well. So No its not the "the most money." Their earnings were around 2 billion for Q4 2019. Again FAR behind Sony's games division.

pretend like microsoft wont make money by also selling to microsoft brehs :russ: PC gaming is microsoft based unless you're riding with that clunky linux freeware bullshyt

those is the system requirements:lawd:

PC "gaming" =/= Microsoft. I get the point you're trying to make by saying Windows pays MS, therefore its money in their pocket. But if anything that's just another reason to support Gamepass and abandon Xbox all together.
Gamepass' competitor is NOT Playstation...its Steam and Epic. So I'll ask the question more clearly....

If Microsoft makes MORE money from gamepass and PC, why would they continue to pour millions into Xbox for little return? Let me tell you.....they aren't going to.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I’m talking about the gaming division.

They make more money off an Xbox in a home than they would of a Gamepass subscription on another device.

That's not how this works. Sub models are done by attrition. It takes significantly less to maintain servers for XBL and Gamepass than it does for the development, marketing and shipping of physical consoles.

If you get 50 million people to buy an xbox for $500 that's a lot of money. $25 Billion but once that's purchased...its over. That revenue stream is dead and you have to reinvest much of it for the next go-round.
You get 100 million people to give you $200 a year for ten years, it seems like less but its $100 billion...And you can maintain that forever...AND you pocket more of it because your costs are significantly lower.

That's the gamble.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's not how this works. Sub models are done by attrition. It takes significantly less to maintain servers for XBL and Gamepass than it does for the development, marketing and shipping of physical consoles.

If you get 50 million people to buy an xbox for $500 that's a lot of money. $25 Billion but once that's purchased...its over. That revenue stream is dead and you have to reinvest much of it for the next go-round.
You get 100 million people to give you $200 a year for ten years, it seems like less but its $100 billion...And you can maintain that forever...AND you pocket more of it because your costs are significantly lower.

That's the gamble.
Why would the revenue stream be dead after a console purchase?

The fukk you talmbout breh:dahell:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Why would the revenue stream be dead after a console purchase?

The fukk you talmbout breh:dahell:

Because you can't re-buy that console again. A sub you pay on till you cancel or the service ends. When I buy that console I own it for life...there's no more money I need to spend on it.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
You spend money on games and subscriptions.

That’s the whole point of selling you the console

Different comparison.

Hardware sale and platform sale....I am not talking about software/games. Argue the point I'm trying to make, not what you want to be right about.

You don't calculate the cost of gas into the sale of a car.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Different comparison.

Hardware sale and platform sale....I am not talking about software/games. Argue the point I'm trying to make, not what you want to be right about.

You don't calculate the cost of gas into the sale of a car.
I don’t even think you understand what the fukk you are arguing at this point :mjlol:

Can’t separate the two as the hardware is needed to sell the software and services. Consoles are usually sold at cost or even at a loss. Platform holders do that because they make lots of money selling software and services.

To use your analogy this would be like if the car manufacturers sold cars that only run on the gas they sell. You’d have to consider gas sales then.

Daps
You need a life
Answer the question, when you turn on ya xbox on release day, what games will you be playing?

what games are you looking forward to in the next year? Two years? Halo... cool, what else?

:mjlol: nikkas acting like elder scrolls is grand theft auto, this move would’ve made waves last gen. All this has shown now is what we all thought, Microsoft can’t really develop new interesting titles of their own, had to buy this washed up studio to make some noise.