With the Bethesda acquisition Xbox All Access has become the Goat gaming situation.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
How the fukk will gamepass kill the xbox? You sound simple

For the most part, to play Playstation games and IPs you MUST own a Playstation. With GamePass lots of MS's IP go to that and PC as well. And with gaming PC sales on the rise and X-Box's last gen with dismal numbers, many of the potential customers for an XBox will already have PCs.

So if you have half your consumers on arguably a better platform already, you are giving them all the same games, what insentive is there for people to buy your (no longer) proprietary system?
If GamePass continues to grow and eventually becomes the Netflix of gaming...no there will be no reasons for them to pour hundreds of millions into hardware development, advertising and marketing.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
For the most part, to play Playstation games and IPs you MUST own a Playstation. With GamePass lots of MS's IP go to that and PC as well. And with gaming PC sales on the rise and X-Box's last gen with dismal numbers, many of the potential customers for an XBox will already have PCs.

So if you have half your consumers on arguably a better platform already, you are giving them all the same games, what insentive is there for people to buy your (no longer) proprietary system?
If GamePass continues to grow and eventually becomes the Netflix of gaming...no there will be no reasons for them to pour hundreds of millions into hardware development, advertising and marketing.

I thought that was M$'s ultimate end goal anyways and why they've changed focus with the Gamerpass approach anywayz. Could've sworn I've even saw some xbox/M$ stans on their boast that claim some time ago.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
it’s gonna get to a point where sony and nintendo will have to “beg” for gamepass to come to their systems...granted nintendo is stubborn as hell so maybe not them so much

For the stan talk/viewpoint, might seem that way. In reality, if M$ is successful with their route with Gamerpass, it'll likely be less of Sony or Ninty begging for access, but a mutual business decision to allow it on their platforms. Hell, M$ might even be the ones that push for it.

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
shyt seems sweet now because Gamepass is so cheap today. The Netflix of gaming huh....so basically years from now when we’re all hooked on it and they own the publishers/ips of most of the games we all love and want sequels too that’s when they gonna hit us with them price hikes to the point we gonna end up pay $50-$70 a month. :manny::francis:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Imagine if these games WERE exclusive and on gamepass day one?

Microsoft would literally just be burning through money to sell consoles at that point because they wouldn’t be making money on either.

Gamepass isn’t sustainable

Even though people think that you're a gimmick poster, these points make sense. MS wouldn't spend that much capital for Zenimax and only publish games for Xbox only.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
If I'm Obsidian... I'm asking myself if I trust Microsoft to really fukk with my original IP like that. Because otherwise, they might-could get turned into a sub-studio of a sub-studio. If Avowed was meant to compete with TES6, it's definitely not going to now. So what do you do in that situation? Avowed gets rushed and bumped down to AA? Because they damn sure not gonna make any sacrifices of TES for Obsidian's sake.

Sucks because they'd just gotten themselves positioned where they coulda came for Todd'n'em's heads; with that in-house monetary backing and Bethesda's numerous missteps, they coulda shook things up. There almost coulda been a much-needed change of the guard in wRPG development.

Now?
They might as well start getting familiar with the updated engine so they can be ready to make Starfield DLC :francis:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
shyt seems sweet now because Gamepass is so cheap today. The Netflix of gaming huh....so basically years from now when we’re all hooked on it and they own the publishers/ips of most of the games we all love and want sequels too that’s when they gonna hit us with them price hikes to the point we gonna end up pay $50-$70 a month. :manny::francis:
why are you making up shyt to support your negative bullshyt? Netflix has went up like $3 since it's debut. Not sure why Gamepass will somehow increase in price so quickly

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Does the monthly payment for xbox console require a credit check cause if so im sorry in advance @PS5 :mjcry: hope you saved up a down payment for your $299 console bytch ass mafukka :laff:
You are a delivery boy, when you go to your supplier that's the bosses.

The way shyts set up in DC? They come to you :hhh:

Imagine keeping what you make and keeping what you gotta bring back:jbhmm:

:hubie:

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
why are you making up shyt to support your negative bullshyt? Netflix has went up like $3 since it's debut. Not sure why Gamepass will somehow increase in price so quickly

Don’t know why the fukk you decided to quote me like I said something wrong but they have raised rates on the standard plan, which is the plan they debuted, more than $3 fukking dollars:

A history of Netflix US price hikes, charted

Furthermore I’m a supporter of Gamepass today because I’ve made peace with games going all digital anyway. If they only increase it a few dollars over the next few years I’ll be happy with that but with what they’re spending on publishers I don’t believe it’ll just be a few dollars bump up here and there. That’s my opinion of what the future of gaming could look like if they get a stranglehold on our wallets and become the only real game in town since we know Sony can’t out spend them on this front.