Will Smith believes Fresh Prince fell off when Carlton wanted to kill people.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
The show got stale because the times were changing.

The first episode aired in 1990. The final season was 1996. As someone who grew up in that era, A LOT of shyt changed from 90-92 to 93-96.

You outgrow shyt. And these type of shows aren't meant to last forever. It ended how it was supposed to. The actors got grew up or got older. New shows come and old shows end. That's just how TV works.

That’s 100% true for comedies

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Hillary was bad. Nikkas don't know. Everybody wanted that. Look at her in Major Payne then come back and talk about it.

major-payne-lg.jpg

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yeah, if we're going to talk about Fresh Prince jumping the shark, then it starts with that episode. I don't know what they were thinking with that ending.

Then the last season had Will act like a cartoon character to the point where people didn't even want to be around him, Ashley reaching her peak of being an a$$hole, Will and Uncle Phil getting arrested on Thanksgiving for hanging around prostitutes, murderous clowns, Ashley turning into a little a$$hole, Will getting made fun of for losing to a boxing instructor, a horse episode, Will and Carlton getting high on laughing gas with William Shatner, and Ashley becoming the worst character on the show.

I don't think Fresh Prince jumped the shark, but it's obvious that if it had gone on longer, it would have become an embarrassment to watch. Will kept the show's legacy intact by ending it when he did. :ehh:

:mjlol: I never thought about it until this post but Ashley really was an insufferable bytch

Wasn't the last season the season with the girl who he helped birth the baby? Or was that the season before. Something about shawty activated me. :noah:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
On second thought, imma need Karyn Parsons to confirm the Pac story. For all we know he was lying on his dikk.:russ:

I cant see this being a secret for almost 30 years and never being talked about until last year.

The Hollywood industry ain't that good at keeping secret like who's messing with who. And with Pac dead, somebody would have been released that story especially since ppl were always tryna one up the next man with a Pac story nobody heard.

I cant see this being a secret for almost 30 years.

I forgot who it was (some deathrow cat) confirmed that I believe. I might have Karyn confused with Jasmin Guy though, but one of them (if not both) visited him in the hospital/was tight with him. Chicks like that you dont keep on as just 'platonic' if you're not in some type of business or work with them:manny:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
:dead:THIS nikka PAC
fukkED EVERY bytch IN THE INDUSTRY.

:devil:
:evil:

I’m sayin’ doe...

I don’t even understand how he made so much music unless he literally had a line of broads outside the studio bent over...he was pushin’ puscy like weight (YAY YEAH)...

And even more remarkable imo: he was doing what niccas swear can’t be done -
not telling the world about it.