Will Smith believes Fresh Prince fell off when Carlton wanted to kill people.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trying to keep up with Carlton. Will was annoying with all that extra screaming and stuff he would do. Man when Carlton let loose he was on fire lol. The trix rabbit speech, the chicktionary scene, the Oh God no scene, dude was killing it. Will just got annoying to me.

I will say Carlton was funnier than Will the last few seasons. He used to have me :laff:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
That was actually a great episode

It was a good episode, but the messaging of it always bothered me. Like why can’t carlton be a black gun owner? Black folks aren’t supposed to protect themselves? Yeah, I get it “It’s not who Carlton is”. But the man has a right to defend himself after a traumatic event. :yeshrug:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Trying to keep up with Carlton. Will was annoying with all that extra screaming and stuff he would do. Man when Carlton let loose he was on fire lol. The trix rabbit speech, the chicktionary scene, the Oh God no scene, dude was killing it. Will just got annoying to me.
yeah, i think i noticed this too. Calrton went from being the nerdy straight man to being the funniest one on the show. Then Will went extra Martin Lawrence after that.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
That all said, if Fresh Prince ever fell off, then at least the falloff was never as bad as with a lot of other sitcoms. The last couple seasons are the weakest, but there are still funny episodes in them. The show never got so bad as to be unwatchable. I can still enjoy the average Season 5-6 episode. Just not as much as Seasons 1-4.

shyt, Season 5 is my least favorite season and it has one of my favorite moments ever. After the Season 4 finale ends on the cliffhanger of Will deciding to stay in Philly, you’d think the first episode of Season 5 would resolve that with Will realizing how much he’s come to love Bel-Air and eventually deciding to return there over the course of 22 minutes.

Instead, Will gets kidnapped and forced back to Bel-Air by an NBC executive in the opening scene and then the show just goes on like none of it ever happened. :mjlol:
The show never gave a fukk (changing Aunt Viv, growing Nicky seven ages) and I must say I respect that lol

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Yeah, if we're going to talk about Fresh Prince jumping the shark, then it starts with that episode. I don't know what they were thinking with that ending.

Then the last season had Will act like a cartoon character to the point where people didn't even want to be around him, Ashley reaching her peak of being an a$$hole, Will and Uncle Phil getting arrested on Thanksgiving for hanging around prostitutes, murderous clowns, Ashley turning into a little a$$hole, Will getting made fun of for losing to a boxing instructor, a horse episode, Will and Carlton getting high on laughing gas with William Shatner, and Ashley becoming the worst character on the show.

I don't think Fresh Prince jumped the shark, but it's obvious that if it had gone on longer, it would have become an embarrassment to watch. Will kept the show's legacy intact by ending it when he did. :ehh:

All that shade on @Ashley Banks name