Will Smith believes Fresh Prince fell off when Carlton wanted to kill people.

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
That all said, if Fresh Prince ever fell off, then at least the falloff was never as bad as with a lot of other sitcoms. The last couple seasons are the weakest, but there are still funny episodes in them. The show never got so bad as to be unwatchable. I can still enjoy the average Season 5-6 episode. Just not as much as Seasons 1-4.

shyt, Season 5 is my least favorite season and it has one of my favorite moments ever. After the Season 4 finale ends on the cliffhanger of Will deciding to stay in Philly, you’d think the first episode of Season 5 would resolve that with Will realizing how much he’s come to love Bel-Air and eventually deciding to return there over the course of 22 minutes.

Instead, Will gets kidnapped and forced back to Bel-Air by an NBC executive in the opening scene and then the show just goes on like none of it ever happened. :mjlol:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Show actually jumped the shark imo when Lisa and Will didn't end up getting married and her dad and Will's mom ended up supposedly getting married at the end. And after that, the last season was :huhldup:
Yup, they reneged on that shyt and the last season pretended it never happened.

I'm a younger breh so my intro to Freh Prince was on the original Nick @ Nite marathons in 2004. So jumping from that straight to the next season had me like :stopitslime:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
She revealed it about herself.

The way ole girl is talking about Karyn Parsons she's making it seem like this was a known thing. If it was that known, we would have been heard about this
Not really - some random one-off fling between people, especially back then before social media, can easily just fall into obscurity. There's a ton of shyt we don't know about.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Carlton wanting revenge for Will is what made him seem real and not like an uncle tom..which is why that kaepernick take on his show was stupid and uninformed.

Kap was a idiot for that when Carlton was more of a real one, than Will Smith. Even Uncle Phil chump his goofy ass during the Malcolm X speech scene.

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The moment when this nikka
Christopher-Play-Martin-kid-n-play-35542789-262-281.jpg

hit K.P than Will Square Ass. I respect this nikka more than Will now :dead:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I think fresh prince had a good run, never fell off and is entertaining every season. I thought Martin got weak mid 3rd season end Family matters got super wack before they pulled the plug.

Feel the same. Family Matters was pretty much always corny, but the first season and some of those latter seasons were absolutely brutal and stupid. I don’t think that happened to Fresh Prince at all.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Not that I want to pile on Will, I think people are getting a little too much of a kick out of it. But that's another woman that Will wanted, that Pac had lol.

Will just wanted to chase all of Pacs sloppy seconds. :picard:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Will Smith was a bytch then. All that fame and clout and still couldn’t smash Karyn Parsons. Not the “handsome kid with a cigga cigar” that he thought he was
HI0AIQ.gif

Have you seen Karyn Parsons husband? I highly doubt will was the right complexion for her :heh:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Never liked Will Smith

And I think his run of pure garbage the past decade plus shows that whatever the hook was early on has completely worn off.

I don't even like to hear him talk as an elder. He's the definition of corny to me.
Will is very likable thats what he had going for him at this peak of his career. He was safe and very likable. Usually the biggest stars develop an aura of being a dikk or standoff-ish, or reclusive (Leo, Tom Cruise, Denzel, Mel). But Will and Tom Hanks were the 2 top billed stars that came off as funny, kind and approachable. All his movies were family friendly, big budget summer blockbusters. Had more to do with that then him specifically imo.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The show got stale because the times were changing.

The first episode aired in 1990. The final season was 1996. As someone who grew up in that era, A LOT of shyt changed from 90-92 to 93-96.

You outgrow shyt. And these type of shows aren't meant to last forever. It ended how it was supposed to. The actors got grew up or got older. New shows come and old shows end. That's just how TV works.