Why would a God desire to be praised/believed?

Arnold

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Except that under Christian belief, correct me if I’m wrong, you go to Hell if you don’t believe/worship.
Yep. But it’s still a choice. If I don’t choose to worship Him, He isn’t going to force me to spend eternity with Him. If you’re questioning Christianity, my question to you is if you were provided the proof you needed about Jesus, would you then worship?

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Home run out the park. Id give you rep if i were allowed.

Thats a great question that a lot of folks cant answer.

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
Religion is the GOAT scam.

An uncountable amount of money finessed, lives ended, and land stolen.

Nothing will ever compare to the damage it has inflicted on humanity.

I agree and that's a good point. That's why I tell people that God is looking for relationships not religion. God/Jesus was closest NOT to the most religious people like the Pharisees or Sadducees for example but to regular people who chose to have a relationship with Him and truly believed in Him...murderers like King David and Moses were who God became close to. Torturers like Saul who became Paul was another one who God was close to. And prostitutes like Rahab God also was close to. He can turn anyone's life around if you let Him and try Him.

God is looking for relationship-oriented people not religious people. He is looking to be believed and trusted much more so than to be praised and worshipped.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Cause when you create something you are proud of it. At this point I understand. People just wanna do whatever they want. Man go ahead.

Thsnnor

Believer in Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jesus
The most powerful being desiring the praise of its creations? Desiring to be believed in…To desire praise/belief is such a human trait.

Just seems like the height of human hubris…creating a God and assigning it human qualities.

Why would an all-powerful God desire…anything?

:jbhmm:

Revelation 4:11 KJV
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Romans 12:1-2 KJV
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. [2] And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Philippians 3:3 KJV
For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

King_Sage

All Star
Daps
why God dont have a mother & father tho? :jbhmm: everything comes from something...except God?

and so before humans was ever on earth, he just decided one day like "im bored, let me start creating nikkas that resemble me just so they can praise me, and if they dont, i'll just burn their souls forever" :huhldup:

Well God is alpha and omega. Try to imagine there being nothing before creation, then nothing after creation existed..Like everything just disappearing into nothingness. Our human minds can't comprehend it, well mine can't.

Why does God need a mother and a father? did the first single cell living organisms?

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
He sees humanity like his children.

Imagine you secured some land and built a dope mansion for your kid and he steps inside looks around and looks at the land like "hmm I got me a good spot here. I'm great :jawalrus: " and ignoring you altogether.

Our human emotions are the only way we could relate to a being more advanced than we are. We assume these emotions and feelings must have come from him too. If you'd feel offended by a child that's ungrateful, the assumption is that God, your first father would feel disappointed in you for not giving him credit.

THIS. It making too much sense.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Praise...no not necessarily is it desired.
Belief...yes absolutely it is desired.

God created human beings out of love. He sacrificed Himself for that love and did not spare Himself pain in the process so belief in who He is and how much He has sacrificed for us is a must.

After fully understanding and believing in who God is and God's immense love for us (i.e. only someone who loves/cares for you would submit ahead of time to dying painfully on a cross for 3-6 hours) then you WANT to praise Him for that.

This is just my opinion as a Christian respectfully. I am much more a spiritual person than a religious one so it is my spiritual relationship with God and witnessing Him bringing me through various things (losing my parent at a young age/losing my sibling/suicide of a close friend/homelessness/health issues etcetera) that I can say God is real and I encourage you all to try Him and believe in Him for yourself. No harm in trying. God is real, His sacrifice was real and His love for you is real. He does want you to believe in Him but it is not required that you praise Him because if that was all He wanted then He could easily just create robots to do that all day long but instead God gave us free will to CHOOSE him or to reject him.

Above all God desires for us to have a close relationship with Him because He loves us. Relationship is key not religion. And God also wants us to see our existence in the context of eternal life as opposed to just this short earthly one.

il_794xN.2195444581_g2tg.jpg

“fall short of glory” is a person messing up on the way and not changing? can you just go to hell even if you try to do the right thing gods/Jesus told you to do. :ohhh:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
This, to me, is the definition of desiring praise. It’s essentially “believe in me or you’re going to Hell”. I mean that’s…the ultimate form of desiring praise.

well.. that the rules. He said if you do not believe in him you will go to hell. Like you ain’t riding for me then you looking unfamiliar

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" is one of the Ten Commandments found in the Hebrew Bible at Exodus 20:2 and Deuteronomy 5:6. It is the central tenet of the Abrahamic religions and prohibits the religion's followers from worshipping gods other than the Lord.

:wtf: What other gods is he talking about with his jealous ass...