Why would a God desire to be praised/believed?

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
All God requires is belief and confession that He is indeed God and sacrificed His life for us in order for salvation to happen and we have free will to choose to accept that or to deny that.
This, to me, is the definition of desiring praise. It’s essentially “believe in me or you’re going to Hell”. I mean that’s…the ultimate form of desiring praise.

ShenJingPoQi

All Star
Daps
Answering respectfully as a Christian who believes in the triune God (God the Father/Son/Holy Ghost)...He does not require worship, devotion and prayer. He gave us free will so that we can choose to if we want but He doesn't require it. All God requires is belief and confession that He is indeed God and sacrificed His life for us in order for salvation to happen and we have free will to choose to accept that or to deny that.

God does not require worship nor praise nor prayer.

Having said that, in my (human) opinion, we should definitely want to give it to Him even though it is not a requirement.

And are there any future consequences if you knowingly and willingly don’t give God your belief and confession? Because if there is, this deal seems like coercion and indirect force of submission.

Very interested in hearing your take,

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The most powerful being desiring the praise of its creations? Desiring to be believed in…To desire praise/belief is such a human trait.

Just seems like the height of human hubris…creating a God and assigning it human qualities.

Why would an all-powerful God desire…anything?

:jbhmm:
Because the entire purpose of your creation it's to seperate the good from the bad so the good can be with God in eternal Paradise.

If you owned a mansion and we're throwing the best party ever would you allow every single person in the world to come and party or would you have some sort of screening process before you let people in so you can guarantee a certain vibe for the attendees.

These are the rules it's a test and you best not fail because we want to see you at the gates

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
It's not a shocker that when you speak about liberals and Communists the atheists aren't far behind to talk trash about their creator

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Because the entire purpose of your creation it's to seperate the good from the bad so the good can be with God in eternal Paradise
Couldn’t God just make everyone “good” then?
I’m not dismissing your point… just philosophically curious.

Some people (most?) will not get into Heaven/Paradise…is it moral to send them to hell for eternity? Why not just make everyone pure/good then?

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
This, to me, is the definition of desiring praise. It’s essentially “believe in me or you’re going to Hell”. I mean that’s…the ultimate form of desiring praise.

For me, it's the opposite. It's God saying "Let me show you how much I want to praise YOU as my child. I praise you so much that I chose you before you were even born. I love you so much I want a close relationship with you every day and I want to help you and bless you every day. I praise and love you so much I want you to be with me for eternity. I want you to have a heavenly eternally happy life with me."

God did not have to create human beings...after all He does have angels up there for company (who also have free will since we believe Satan is a fallen angel) but God loves us so much that He gave us the most important thing He had for us which was His own painful blood sacrifice in the form of His own bloody death. To be thankful for that kind of love and to praise someone for that kind of love is an automatic for me...but yet again God does not require it. All He requires is belief. The sinner on the cross next to Jesus never praised Him, He just believed in Him and confessed it to Him and that was all it took for Him to get salvation to Heaven. It's the same way for us.

No harm in trying God and believing He will show you He is real and loves you immensely. His love has never failed me.

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
why God dont have a mother & father tho? :jbhmm: everything comes from something...except God?

and so before humans was ever on earth, he just decided one day like "im bored, let me start creating nikkas that resemble me just so they can praise me, and if they dont, i'll just burn their souls forever" :huhldup:

invalid

Banned
Daps
I hate to add my two cents because based off the replies in this thread it makes it look like Christians don’t know what the hell they talking about, but from my understanding, God desires relationship (communion) above all else. That we may be one in him and him in us. The striving of man has been to get back what we lost in Eden. Praise is good, worship is good, but what does it profit if there is no relationship?

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
And are there any future consequences if you knowingly and willingly don’t give God your belief and confession? Because if there is, this deal seems like coercion and indirect force of submission.

Very interested in hearing your take,

I think there are consequences if you don't ever believe in God/confess you believe in Him and His sacrifice on the cross, however I think God does offer us multiple chances to believe in Him both in this earthly life and perhaps in some kind of purgatory-like place as well. He loves us so much that the Bible says He is continually knocking on our heart's door so there are many chances and opportunities that God uses to get your attention I think and that may extend to the afterlife as well in my opinion. But it's better to at least give him a shot now I'd think. There's no harm on trying God out. God allows us to test Him and to try Him and even to wrestle with Him as Jacob did! This is a part of why He gave us free will. He doesn't want robots, He wants real relationships with each one of us so we can personally experience His love for us both now in this earthly life and also much more importantly in our eternal heavenly life.

Last edited:

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
Except that under Christian belief, correct me if I’m wrong, you go to Hell if you don’t believe/worship.

Great thread by the way. These are good questions I asked myself before I got saved.

In Christianity yes we believe that if you do not ever believe in Jesus Christ and His death on the cross and resurrection and confess that with your mouth then you will not make it into heaven with God/Jesus. However will you immediately got to hell when you die if you are not a believer? I don't know.

Based on who I know of God personal relationship wise, He might give you more opportunities to believe in Him in the afterlife in like a purgatory type of place. I'm not sure it will be a go directly to hell type of thing because God repeats over and over again how much He loves us and how much He wants us to believe in Him and to try Him for ourselves. But that part I am honestly not sure about and that's why I encourage people to at least try believing in Him. Try it for a day...a week...a month. Ask God to show you He is real. He will! Ask God to show you He loves you. He will! No harm in trying Him out.

Again, God is NOT asking for praise and prayer and worship. But He does want you to believe in Him and His sacrifice and love for you.

Last edited:

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
Couldn’t God just make everyone “good” then?
I’m not dismissing your point… just philosophically curious.

Some people (most?) will not get into Heaven/Paradise…is it moral to send them to hell for eternity? Why not just make everyone pure/good then?

Great question. It goes back to free will.

In my personal life, I love my man and he loves me but I didn't go out and cast a lovespell on him to get that love. Why? Because I wanted him to love me out of his own free will. There would be no "real" relationship if I literally/figuratively MADE him love me. Same way with God...He could easily create robots to praise Him all day long and easily could have made humans like robots in that way but instead He longs for us human beings to WANT to love Him back of our own free will which is why his creation (humans/angels etc) were created in a way so that we could CHOOSE good or evil and choose to either accept and love Him or to reject Him.