Why would a God desire to be praised/believed?

invalid

Banned
Daps
Respectfully, other religions claim to have different answers.
Again, you have beliefs and opinions. Not evidence or facts. Just the fact that you are supposedly pulling the thoughts/intentions/desires of a God…from a book written by man should tell you this.

I want to go back and iterate that I’m not speaking on other religious beliefs and I’m not speaking on people who have no religious beliefs. I can’t tell you what truth is for them or you.

My post was was about people who may have been raised in a Christian household, subscribed to Christian beliefs, but fell away due to not being able to reconcile questions that they had. Or fell away because of the church they grew up in.

If there has been legitimate and rigorous study on their part and still no reconciliation of their beliefs then I have nothing to retort. They have came to their own conclusions having gathered all information assessable to them.

But I suspect majority of people do not go that deep.

When I said that there is an answer to why God allows evil, I can only speak from a Christian perspective and nothing else.

If one does not believe in God, then there is no God to allow evil. So any answer to that question will mean absolutely nothing to them.

If one does believe in God, and if one believes in the Christian God, well yes, there is an answer to that question and numerous commentaries expounding on this issue. If you didn’t get it from Church, fine. Go seek out the answers on your own through study, or through scholars, or whatever else.

So my assumption would be that anyone who was truly interested in reconciling this issue, would be aware of the Christian answer to this, and still not stuck on these questions that we pondered as children when we were still infantile in our faith.

There are bigger theological questions that as an adult, like myself, we should be thinking about. Questions that I still have not found satisfactory answers to.

Last edited:

invalid

Banned
Daps
But is there not one truth?

Again, like I prefaced my other responses, as a Christian, there is. However, I’m not going to stop you from defining what truth is for yourself. You have that free will.

Questions that mankind has debated for millennia (and still have no answers to) are now “remedial”?
:unimpressed:

This is another example of what I mean by remedial within the Christian context.

Edit: I’ve used remedial wrong. It doesn’t mean what I think it means. It sound very negative in the first place and that’s not what I wanted so I went to look for synonyms.

I’m going for a word like infantile, childlike, beginner, can’t really find the world that I’m looking for.

But....

God sent plagues on Egypt, allowed the chosen people to cross the Red Sea through Him powering the staff and let people walked divided waters but had to watch His only begotten die without doing anything about it? This is the way the Bible describes it? Just doesn’t make sense to me.

This poster appears to not be aware that God specifically sent Christ to die. There would be no reason for him to do anything about it, because that’s what he wanted him to do in the first place.

This is basic Christianity 101.

How this has been missed by this poster, I legitimately have no idea.

God, when pronouncing judgment on Adam and Eve, in the presence of Satan in Genesis, told them that he would be sending Christ to redeem them.

God’s plan all the way in Genesis would be for Christ to be crucified which is how he would redeem them.

In fact, it was Satan that tried to prevent Christ from being crucified because he knew what that meant for him and for humanity.

This poster (no offense to you @CodeBlaMeVi) is saying that Hinduism, Buddhism, and some other religions ‘sound’ better than Christianity, and he doesn’t even have a solid footing on even the basics at a molecular level.

To be fair, there are a multitude of people that enter seminary school and leave having lost their faith. I have nothing to say to that because I know at least 1) They would proclaim that they thought they had a relationship with God and 2) that they would have done a rigorous and critical study of the faith and adjacent faiths like Judaism and Islam and analyzed historical records, accounts, etc. If you can come out of that process without meaningful reconciliation, there is nothing I can say.

But those who would have considered themselves Christians and are posing infantile/childlike questions around things like the above quote, as an adult, you should have been moved beyond that at this point. I don’t see maturity or even a basic understanding of what Christianity is with these line of questions or objections.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Again, like I prefaced my other responses, as a Christian, there is. However, I’m not going to stop you from defining what truth is for yourself. You have that free will.

This is another example of what I mean by remedial within the Christian context.

Edit: I’ve used remedial wrong. It doesn’t mean what I think it means. It sound very negative in the first place and that’s not what I wanted so I went to look for synonyms.

I’m going for a word like infantile, childlike, beginner, can’t really find the world that I’m looking for.

But....

This poster appears to not be aware that God specifically sent Christ to die. There would be no reason for him to do anything about it, because that’s what he wanted him to do in the first place.

This is basic Christianity 101.

How this has been missed by this poster, I legitimately have no idea.

God, when pronouncing judgment on Adam and Eve, in the presence of Satan in Genesis, told them that he would be sending Christ to redeem them.

God’s plan all the way in Genesis would be for Christ to be crucified which is how he would redeem them.

In fact, it was Satan that tried to prevent Christ from being crucified because he knew what that meant for him and for humanity.

This poster (no offense to you @CodeBlaMeVi) is saying that Hinduism, Buddhism, and some other religions ‘sound’ better than Christianity, and he doesn’t even have a solid footing on even the basics at a molecular level.

To be fair, there are a multitude of people that enter seminary school and leave having lost their faith. I have nothing to say to that because I know at least 1) They would proclaim that they thought they had a relationship with God and 2) that they would have done a rigorous and critical study of the faith and adjacent faiths like Judaism and Islam and analyzed historical records, accounts, etc. If you can come out of that process without meaningful reconciliation, there is nothing I can say.

But those who would have considered themselves Christians and are posing infantile/childlike questions around things like the above quote, as an adult, you should have been moved beyond that at this point. I don’t see maturity or even a basic understanding of what Christianity is with these line of questions or objections.
He is GOD. He has to send His Son to die to redeem the two people He created in the beginning? That makes sense to you? And I did not mention any other religion.

invalid

Banned
Daps
He is GOD. He has to send His Son to die to redeem the two people He created in the beginning? That makes sense to you? And I did not mention any other religion.

I have an understanding of Christianity. Yes it does.

I take it it doesn’t make sense to you? If not, why?

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Actually this version of god is lightweight….all he wants you to do is shout him out every now and then. And he doesn’t really bother anybody, just chills in the cut.

The Old Testament version was a straight up a$$hole. He would kill you or damn you for all eternity for literally anything.

If you slipped up and didn’t smear the right type of blood on your front door…he’s coming for that ass.

Wearing the wrong type of material?!?! He’s coming for that ass.

Damn let me get some of that fried shrimp! Oh hell nah…he’s coming for that ass.

He was trippin trippin back then, literally on some deebo shyt. He would make up a crazy ass rule on the fly just so he had an excuse to fukk you up. We got it made right now…dude is chill.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
I have an understanding of Christianity. Yes it does.

I take it it doesn’t make sense to you? If not, why?
He is God so He doesn't have to redeem anything to anyone since He is the redeemer. Why allow so much to happen instead of doing a redo then and there? It does not make sense but you choose to believe and I do not criticize you or anyone for it.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
Actually this version of god is lightweight….all he wants you to do is shout him out every now and then. And he doesn’t really bother anybody, just chills in the cut.

The Old Testament version was a straight up a$$hole. He would kill you or damn you for all eternity for literally anything.

If you slipped up and didn’t smear the right type of blood on your front door…he’s coming for that ass.

Wearing the wrong type of material?!?! He’s coming for that ass.

Damn let me get some of that fried shrimp! Oh hell nah…he’s coming for that ass.

He was trippin trippin back then, literally on some deebo shyt. He would make up a crazy ass rule on the fly just so he had an excuse to fukk you up. We got it made right now…dude is chill.
I see what you did there. :mjlol:

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
He sees humanity like his children.

Imagine you secured some land and built a dope mansion for your kid and he steps inside looks around and looks at the land like "hmm I got me a good spot here. I'm great :jawalrus: " and ignoring you altogether.

Our human emotions are the only way we could relate to a being more advanced than we are. We assume these emotions and feelings must have come from him too. If you'd feel offended by a child that's ungrateful, the assumption is that God, your first father would feel disappointed in you for not giving him credit.
Horseshyt. :camby: Y'all whole spirituality is based what y(our) oppressors gave us(you). You've completely and willingly ignored your forefathers spirituality.

invalid

Banned
Daps
He is God so He doesn't have to redeem anything to anyone since He is the redeemer.

Christianity holds that Christ is God. And that Christ is the Redeemer. Therefore, God is the Redeemer. Out of his love, he sacrificed himself to be the redeemer of humanity. You see, sacrifice is an act of love.

Again Christianity 101.

Why allow so much to happen instead of doing a redo then and there?

God made man in his image and likeness. Therefore, he gave man free will. If he gave man free will, why would he do a redo because man decided to exercise his will? That would make man’s free will null and void. Out of his love, he had to let things take its course, which is why evil persist in the world, but also out of his love, he did provide a plan to redeem man. He sent Christ as a sacrifice to stand in place of his judgement against humanity.

It does not make sense but you choose to believe and I do not criticize you or anyone for it.

If you understand the basic Christian story, then things fall into place.

I didn’t purposely single you out, I only saw some objections that you had, and was trying to make a point to the other poster that I was responding to. Most posters here, by their objections or questions, appear to have surface level knowledge and the knowledge that they have is on shaky foundation because they are not even getting basic Christianity right. I’m not surprised because most people are surface level people and don’t do deep dives.

It’s fine really. Again, no offense to you.

Last edited:

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
Christianity holds that Christ is God. And that Christ is the Redeemer. Therefore, God is the Redeemer. Out of his love, he sacrificed himself to be the redeemer of humanity. You see, sacrifice is an act of love.

Again Christianity 101.

God made man in his image and likeness. Therefore, he gave man free will. If he gave man free will, why would he do a redo because man decided to exercise his will? That would make man’s free will null and void. Out of his love, he had to let things take its course, which is why evil persist in the world, but also out of his love, he did provide a plan to redeem man. He sent Christ as a sacrifice to stand in place of his judgement against humanity.

If you understand the basic Christian story, then things fall into place.

I didn’t purposely single you out, I only saw some objections that you had, and was trying to make a point to the other poster that I was responding to. Most posters here, by their objections or questions, appear to have surface level knowledge and the knowledge that they have is on shaky foundation because they are not even getting basic Christianity right. I’m not surprised because most people are surface level people and don’t do deep dives.

It’s fine really. Again, no offense to you.
No problem.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Therefore, he gave man free will.

Free will is a myth if God is a timeless and omniscient being

if God sees all and knows all, then he knew my fate before I was born. He knew how my life would start and end. He knows if I’ll turn left or right. He knows my last breath.

If he knows all of this than it is predetermined. My life is more of a movie than a video game.

OR

if I have free will and the ability to choose where I go, if he doesn’t know my future because I determine it, and not him, he is not omniscient

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
Free will is a myth if God is a timeless and omniscient being

if God sees all and knows all, then he knew my fate before I was born. He knew how my life would start and end.
He knows if I’ll turn left or right. He knows my last breath.

If he knows all of this than it is predetermined. My life is more of a movie than a video game.

OR

if I have free will and the ability to choose where I go, if he doesn’t know my future because I determine it, and not him, he is not omniscient
I used to have the same argument too and logically sin doesn’t exist and no one should be held accountable, punished and condemned to hell if God as they say knows all and knows the beginning and end of our lives. It doesn’t make sense.