Why would a God desire to be praised/believed?

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Alot if atheists are fatherless or neglected by their father.

It's hard to believe in the heavenly father when their own father has abandoned them or shown less then masculine behavior to their son if not flat out neglect.

Scripture says god has mercy on the fatherless, but don't push it
Real fathers teach their sons to think critically and believe something because their is evidence to support it not because you’ll go to hell if you don’t believe in it…
:snooze:

killacal

Banned
Daps
he's truly the devil...why would the alpha n omega be so selfish?

soon as the devil open 2 ppls eyes to shyt ...knowledge was the first sin.

why was it a sin... when u knew from the moment u put the forbidden fruit their.. what was going to happen

destroyed n killed more things ....than the devil ever did
You always have the most ass backwards thought process how can you always be wrong:mjlol:

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Thanks for the reply,

But Buddha was like a massager, prophet or a wiseman. He didn’t create humanity. I’m asking about a god, higher being (Out of this earth/world) and creator that doesn’t require worship, devotion and prayer.
Brahma is the creator in Hinduism but is a neutral deity to the point where he’s far less widely worshiped, if at all, compared to Shiva and Vishnu. And those gods don’t really require or demand worship like in Judeo Christianity. Each one has numerous avatars, so individuals are somewhat free to choose how to worship if they want to at all.

Shintoism and Taoism also have creator deities that aren’t necessarily worshipped. Most of the shrines and altars are for ancestor worship.

Basically, Judeo Christianity is the main branch of religions that require worship for their god. I’d say most other religions don’t.

ShenJingPoQi

All Star
Daps
Brahma is the creator in Hinduism but is a neutral deity to the point where he’s far less widely worshiped, if at all, compared to Shiva and Vishnu. And those gods don’t really require or demand worship like in Judeo Christianity. Each one has numerous avatars, so individuals are somewhat free to choose how to worship if they want to at all.

Shintoism and Taoism also have creator deities that aren’t necessarily worshipped. Most of the shrines and altars are for ancestor worship.

Basically, Judeo Christianity is the main branch of religions that require worship for their god. I’d say most other religions don’t.

Honestly, these religions you listed make much more sense than Abrahamic religions when it comes to worship, devotion and prayer.

Abrahamic religions make God out to be illogical and thoughtless. If God wanted humanity’s worship, devotion and prayer than he would instil it in them from birth or give clear guidance of it himself. Yet he hasn’t done neither and Abrahamic religions squabble among each other and within themselves about worship, devotion and prayer. We are talking about thousands of years and generations of men and men wasted their life and time on this matter; without resolve sadly.

Also, if God himself didn’t show exactly how to worship, make devotion and make prayer; why would I listen to another man for what God wants or follow a scripture that no one can prove it is 100% God’s word. Yes, I know this is an atheist debate; but it definitely makes sense when it comes to worship, devotion and prayer.

Isn’t how you conduct yourself through actions, behaviour and words the real worship, devotion and prayer? Why would you need either of these when God knows your intent and see everything you do? A lot of people in these Abrahamic religions think they can out pray or out charity their bad actions, behaviours and words; sometime they see worship, devotion and prayer as a get out of hell card instead of actually believing in these principles.

I might look into these beliefs and religions you listed, the older I get as a man, all I want from God is logic and wisdom. Something I honestly cannot and haven’t found in these Abrahamic religions.

Thanks for the reply and God Bless(I still believe in a God/Creator)

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Honestly, these religions you listed make much more sense than Abrahamic religions when it comes to worship, devotion and prayer.

Abrahamic religions make God out to be illogical and thoughtless. If God wanted humanity’s worship, devotion and prayer than he would instil it in them from birth or give clear guidance of it himself. Yet he hasn’t done neither and Abrahamic religions squabble among each other and within themselves about worship, devotion and prayer. We are talking about thousands of years and generations of men and men wasted their life and time on this matter; without resolve sadly.

Also, if God himself didn’t show exactly how to worship, make devotion and make prayer; why would I listen to another man for what God wants or follow a scripture that no one can prove it is 100% God’s word. Yes, I know this is an atheist debate; but it definitely makes sense when it comes to worship, devotion and prayer.

Isn’t how you conduct yourself through actions, behaviour and words the real worship, devotion and prayer? Why would you need either of these when God knows your intent and see everything you do? A lot of people in these Abrahamic religions think they can out pray or out charity their bad actions, behaviours and words; sometime they see worship, devotion and prayer as a get out of hell card instead of actually believing in these principles.

I might look into these beliefs and religions you listed, the older I get as a man, all I want from God is logic and wisdom. Something I honestly cannot and haven’t found in these Abrahamic religions.

Thanks for the reply and God Bless(I still believe in a God/Creator)
100%

something about a religion founded by a guy who was about to kill his son because 'god' told him to is highly suspect.

mf'ers willing to kill their own kids, they'll sure as shyt kill someone they aren't related to.

it'd be amazing to have footage from 2600 years ago, so people could see Abraham and a lot of those prophets as the schizophrenic, authoritarian inbreds they really were.

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
100%

something about a religion founded by a guy who was about to kill his son because 'god' told him to is highly suspect.

mf'ers willing to kill their own kids, they'll sure as shyt kill someone they aren't related to.

it'd be amazing to have footage from 2600 years ago, so people could see Abraham and a lot of those prophets as the schizophrenic, authoritarian inbreds they really were.

I respect your opinion but ironically this is part of the reason why I value my relationship with God...His being willing to sacrifice His own Son for me.

In no other faith did gods/prophets/divine beings offer to sacrifice what meant most to them for the sake of saving humanity. This is why salvation is so key in Christianity. That is the highest form of love. There is no greater love than someone being willing to offer up what means most to them for the sake of saving someone else. And all God requires in return is faith...not praise or worship or even thanks but just faith in who He is and the tremendous sacrifice He paid for us.

God endured the most painful thing He could go through - the murder of His own son - all for our sake and because He loves us so much. That type of love is hard for most people to understand but I encourage you to test Him out with a truly open heart and He will reveal to you His deep and sacrificial love for you.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
I respect your opinion but ironically this is part of the reason why I value my relationship with God...His being willing to sacrifice His own Son for me.

In no other faith did gods/prophets/divine beings offer to sacrifice what meant most to them for the sake of saving humanity. This is why salvation is so key in Christianity. That is the highest form of love. There is no greater love than someone being willing to offer up what means most to them for the sake of saving someone else. And all God requires in return is faith...not praise or worship or even thanks but just faith in who He is and the tremendous sacrifice He paid for us.

God endured the most painful thing He could go through - the murder of His own son - all for our sake and because He loves us so much. That type of love is hard for most people to understand but I encourage you to test Him out with a truly open heart and He will reveal to you His deep and sacrificial love for you.
there's no reason he had to do that shyt in the first place though, it sounds like an abusive relationship. "I'm only doing this because I love you so much!"

It's precisely that system ethics that philosophers have been questioning for hundreds of years, because clearly churches have used that concept as a way of instigating religious wars.

ShenJingPoQi

All Star
Daps
100%

There is a reason why militant atheism is most profound in regions where Abrahamic religions populate. When you are given someone so illogical, beyond reason and irrational behaviour of your supposed god/creator than fighting back is the only answer.

But once you are told going against this illogical religion and illogical god means eternity of hell for mere earthly sins; than only does militant atheism show itself.

Abrahamic religions never mention the nature goodness of man and woman. Yes, man and woman can do bad but most don’t. If you believe in the religions; than on the premise you’re thinking man and woman is inherently bad without even getting them a chance to act upon their free will.

Abrahamic religions gives you a creator that hates his creation.

In the Abrahamic faith; god only likes Angela, prophets and wisemen, everything he dislike and only likes a very few people in a few geographical locations of this wonderful earth