Why would a God desire to be praised/believed?

invalid

Banned
Daps
slow down breh

lets digest this scripture first:

Matthew 16:20-28

What is the purpose of Fate? :jbhmm::wow:

if Genesis 1 is true...all things are declared. Meaning the whole of creation was uttered with a single page of text.

I think the avant-garde often hides itself in the highly incomprehensible because they are frustrated that the real world is so boring.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I think the avant-garde often hides itself in the highly incomprehensible because they are frustrated that the real world is so boring.
Thats your own judgment

I think the regular-garde doesnt conceal itself, is highly comprehensible because they are satisfied that the real world is so fascinating

Matthew 11:28-30

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Official Count to 1 Trillion Thread

see how easy that is? :banderas:

Last edited:

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
Except that under Christian belief, correct me if I’m wrong, you go to Hell if you don’t believe/worship.

Wrong, no one goes to hell simply for not believing in Him.

Listen, what most people, even christians, fail to realize is that the only thing God wants from you is to repent.

We are all born sinners, that's why death came upon us. To achieve true salvation from this evil cycle it is necessary to acknowledge your sins and ask God for redemption. But this cannot be something like an empty promise, it has to come from the heart cause God truly knows who we are from the bottom of our souls.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
So if you don’t believe in him will you get to Heaven/Paradise?
Asgard - Wikipedia

tear down these walls

and look outside

Matthew 3:1-3
1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,

2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

not a typo, as in this is the heaven, on earth right now :jbhmm:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
We are all born sinners, that's why death came upon us.
Well, maybe God should have created us without sin?

How are you gonna be born in sin? I’m not Adam or Eve? Why does god punish humanity in its entirety for the actions of the first two (that he created)? How is that just? Should you go to jail if your great-great-great grandmother robbed someone? No, it’s unjust to the point of being silly.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I’m not really sure what you’re saying.
re-read Genesis 1, as a series of creations within creations

Bible Gateway passage: Genesis 1 - King James Version
Darkness and Water-> Light and Dark as qualities of water -> Water divided into inumerable divisions and spread abroad called Heaven -> Amongst the divisions draw forth earth and dry land from the expanse of water and let it bring forth vegetation -> Establish heavenly bodies as signs for seasons and to mark the passage of day and night (measurement), Sun Moon Stars etc -> Populate with creatures and beasts (may include humans) -> Create man in Gods image after his likeness male and female created he them -> Two individuals take dominion over the earth

those individuals arent necessarily Adam and Eve. :unimpressed:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Regarding free will...God can be omniscient and know how everything is going to end and still let things play out in the same way that a parent might know you well enough to know how you'd react if you - as a rebellious teenager for example - were left alone in the house for the weekend but they still left and let you "secretly" have the house party because they knew the only way you grow as a person is from your mistakes. This actually happened to me growing up and from all the damage done to my house and to my own pride, I learned to be a lot more responsible and careful about who I called friend and who I let in my life (and in my house).

God's ways are higher than our ways and He sees the big picture of everything from the beginning of time all the way to the end of time as we know it. It doesn't mean we as human beings will always understand the Divine ways of God but we know that although He already knows ahead of time what we will do, He still allows us to make choices for ourselves even if He would prefer we go another way. That is the essence of free will and perhaps it's because a lot of times growth and success only happens for the more rebellious humans (like me) after learning from our failures and missed opportunities.
What is the end goal of that? So, God can be entertained? What about the child soldiers in African tribes? What about the family members molesting their younger family members? God sees this, knows the end but just sit and let it happen? I cannot subscribe to that anymore.

Last edited:

TL15

Veteran
Daps
The debate about free will and God’s omniscience is a better debate to be had than some of the other things posed in this thread. It shows a more maturity of mind and more of a maturity about the nature of God.

I can’t answer this question with certitude as it’s a debate that is still being debated with great arguments on both sides.

But here are my thoughts on that the line of questioning.

Thought 1 -

If humans exist within the confines of time.

And God exists eternally.

Can we say time really exists?

The answer is both yes and no.

Yes, the existence of time is very real to us.

But it does not exists for God.

Because it does not exists for God, is it right to say that it doesn’t exists at all?

I don’t think we can say that.

If we can say time is a reality that exists for humans and not for God.

Can other things, like free will, be applicable as well?

Thought 2 -

Foreknowledge =/= Pre-Determined
Foreknowledge =/= Pre-Destination

Thought 3 - Future Knowledge vs. Past Knowledge

Because God sits at a vantage that is eternal, is it right to say that:

1) God foreknew the decisions that you would make?

or

2) He knows the decisions that you would make, because, from the vantage point of eternity, you have already made those decisions?

In other words, since God is not constrained by time, he’s the beginning and the end, in his omniscience, does he know what you will do before or after your decisions are made?

I think there is a thin line here.

If I can use another example:

If God knows you will choose B tomorrow, will you choose B because He knows you will? Or will He know it because you will choose it? In other words, will he know it because you have already chosen it from his end vantage?

Human are living a linear progression in time.

God knows the end, because he is the end, and the end has already happened.

We are just living it out within the constraints of time.

Anyway, like I said, those are just my thoughts. I don’t have a finite answer, and again, there are legitimate arguments on both sides.

the eternity paradox has always been kinda :stopitslime: to me.

God created an obvserbable chronology.

humans live within that chronology

humans are judged for their actions within that chronology.

God knows the beginning and end of our lives within that chronology…we don’t have free will within it since all of our actions within that chronology have already happened and will already happen.

The idea that God gives you dice and says “roll a 3,4, or 5 and you’re good, but a 1,2, or 6 and :ufdup:…. BUT I already know you’re gonna roll a 1” just doesn’t sit well

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Hi there :smile:

I usually just lurk on this site but sometimes I feel God prompting me to respond like in this thread so I do and I feel like sometimes it's maybe just to plant a seed that may not bloom until years from now in someone's heart or thought process. But everyone needs to hear and continually be reminded of how much God loves them and sacrificed for them and is wanting a personal relationship with them.

I had the same questions and cynicism that many of the posters here did before I got saved and I have Atheist friends as well so I understand where they are coming from but at the same time I think so many people don't truly understand that God/Jesus is not so much about religion but Relationship with a capital "R". It's all about Relationship and finding out who God is for yourself and not from religion which has been used and misused often for nefarious human purposes. There's no harm in trying a personal relationship with God out in my opinion.
I support this and where I am right now. I dropped religion. I don’t trust the “men” who allegedly got word from God to write a collection of books full of contradictions and logical fallacies.

The Book of Job is one of the worst if not the worst book in the Bible.