Why would a God desire to be praised/believed?

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
The most powerful being desiring the praise of its creations? Desiring to be believed in…To desire praise/belief is such a human trait.

Just seems like the height of human hubris…creating a God and assigning it human qualities.

Why would an all-powerful God desire…anything?

:jbhmm:

Actually it makes sense because you dont want your creation to grow powerful and kill you. Same way we fear a.i. we will prob make them worship us as a fail safe.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Alot if atheists are fatherless or neglected by their father.

It's hard to believe in the heavenly father when their own father has abandoned them or shown less then masculine behavior to their son if not flat out neglect.

Scripture says god has mercy on the fatherless, but don't push it

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
:mjlol:
The bible and all the other religions are a bunch of distortions
I realized this at like 10 when all church was is believe this or go to hell
Perfect way to condition young impressionable minds
The truth is we're already in hell

Interesting point which is why God emphasizes having a personal relationship with Him above all. It's like if your friends wrote a biography about you and gave it to the masses. Will it be 100 percent accurate? Probably not because their opinions of who you are is subjective. That is why if someone really wants to get to know you and have a relationship with you then you would probably suggest they come directly to you first and not just read a book someone else wrote about you. The emphasis God makes is coming directly to Him for a relationship. It's worth it in my opinion but we all have free will to try Him or to deny Him.

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
Actually it makes sense because you dont want your creation to grow powerful and kill you. Same way we fear a.i. we will prob make them worship us as a fail safe.

God does not make us worship Him though. Praise and worship is not one of His requirements.

Daps
Interesting point which is why God emphasizes having a personal relationship with Him above all. It's like if your friends wrote a biography about you and gave it to the masses. Will it be 100 percent accurate? Probably not because their opinions of who you are is subjective. That is why if someone really wants to get to know you and have a relationship with you then you would probably suggest they come directly to you first and not just read a book someone else wrote about you. The emphasis God makes is coming directly to Him for a relationship. It's worth it in my opinion but we all have free will to try Him or to deny Him.
See what I mean?
One set way of viewing how everything works spiritually

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
All based on religious texts written by other men stolen from who knows what people they killed off
It places a static way to view the world spiritually instead of a dynamic way and considering other possibilities
Religion is limiting and honestly leads to a lot of irrational people who make irrational decisions based on religious texts instead of taking responsibility for their lives and thinking rationally
This also applies to the nature of the world beyond this life we live
Religion limits the perception of this world and makes you ignore other spiritual ideas and consciousness experiences beyond religion
Don't worry God will take care of it

Yes that is why relationship with God>>>religion.

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
First commandment is not putting any other god before him.

E.g. monotheism/belief in one true triune God...yes that belief in the triune (God the Father/Son/Holy Ghost) is required. But praise and worship is not required nor commanded.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The most powerful being desiring the praise of its creations? Desiring to be believed in…To desire praise/belief is such a human trait.

Just seems like the height of human hubris…creating a God and assigning it human qualities.

Why would an all-powerful God desire…anything?

:jbhmm:

Dap/Reppd.

I had to take a theology course in college and I remember the professor being stumped when I asked him specifically on this issue of ways in which God embodies "human" qualities.

I don't remember the Book but I remember during a lecture there was the story of a city that God had marked for destruction but then the people were able to get him to change his mind.

If God is perfect and all knowing, how is it possible to change his mind? Wouldn't his original decision been infallible?

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
What is going to happen is there WILL be a convergence of spirituality with science and mathematics
Math being the key since math can be used to GUARANTEE the existence of a God via ontological mathematics
Any advanced species beyond human beings will be both both technologically and spiritually advanced since they will have a higher understanding of the mathematics and therefore the spirituality of reality
Rationality combined with spirituality is the next step
Things like OBE, NDE, etc. should be investigated as the math continues to advance
In reality everything is spiritual just different spectrums of experience from the atheist to the religious to the skeptic mystic that explores spirituality and asks questions rather than taking things at face value
I think the problem is resolution of differences realizing everything is one thing in disguise
Without experimentation and skepticism, spirituality becomes dogma, control, and manipulation with religious hysterics, militant atheists, and others

These are excellent points and many details of quantum mechanical theories such as the Many Worlds Interpretation exist within the framework of Christianity. For example we believe a spiritual dimension (and probably more than one of those dimensions and perhaps universes) exist beside this earthly physical dimension. Many references to spiritual warfare between these dimensions are made. And a lot of what you're saying fits into both the mathematical and mystical elements found in Christianity (and in Kabbalah as well).

• Dap
Reactions: b_b
Daps
These are excellent points and many details of quantum mechanical theories such as the Many Worlds Interpretation exist within the framework of Christianity. For example we believe a spiritual dimension (and probably more than one of those dimensions and perhaps universes) exist beside this earthly physical dimension. Many references to spiritual warfare between these dimensions are made. And a lot of what you're saying fits into both the mathematical and mystical elements found in Christianity.
In the framework of mind = spirit
Christianity is a distortion and a deliberate distortion
If it's within the framework of Christianity it is already limited
It's not about Christianity or whatever religion or system of spirituality team you're on :snoop:
It's about going beyond religion and basic spirituality

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
Dap/Reppd.

I had to take a theology course in college and I remember the professor being stumped when I asked him specifically on this issue of ways in which God embodies "human" qualities.

I don't remember the Book but I remember during a lecture there was the story of a city that God had marked for destruction but then the people were able to get him to change his mind.

If God is perfect and all knowing, how is it possible to change his mind? Wouldn't his original decision been infallible?

God is our heavenly Father and friend and He has real feelings of deep love for us. There are many times God changes His mind not because He is ever wrong but because of His mercy and compassion on us. Jesus constantly intercedes on our behalf in heaven for us as well as angels as well as regular people who pray to God for us. God has a real relationship with those who want it and just like you might change your mind if your child cries out to you for something you had previously told him "no" or "wait" on, so does God sometimes because of His great compassion and love towards us and not because He was ever wrong or indecisive in the first place. He is a real Father to His children.

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
In the framework of mind = spirit
Christianity is a distortion and a deliberate distortion
If it's within the framework of Christianity it is already limited
It's not about Christianity or whatever religion or system of spirituality team you're on :snoop:
It's about going beyond religion and basic spirituality

Okay breh, we'll just agree to disagree lol. Good conversation though. I appreciate it.

:salute: