Why would a God desire to be praised/believed?

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I respect your opinion, but philosophically this does not align with my world view.
And let’s not act like works done in the name of faith aren’t subjective and done for the wrong reasons at times. (“Be a good slave and you’ll get into Heaven”, persecution of Jews, Crusades, sexual abuse by missionaries).

If I had to choose a religion…I think I most align with Buddhism or Taoism
Official Count to 1 Trillion Thread

:ninja2:

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
Then by this logic, isn’t it immoral to spread Christianity? If none of us knew about it then we’d all go to Heaven. By letting other people know about it, you’re risking them going to Hell which is more harmful than just not telling people in the first place.

From a Christian standpoint...

No, the only way to heaven is by believing in Jesus and His sacrifice and resurrection so the Gospel has to be shared as widely as possible. And if the Gospel has not been shared with you during this earthly life, then I believe it will be shared with you in the afterlife in a kind of purgatory type place. Every single person will be given the choice to accept or reject Jesus and will have that opportunity to gain an eternally happy immortal life with Him.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Arnold

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then by this logic, isn’t it immoral to spread Christianity? If none of us knew about it then we’d all go to Heaven. By letting other people know about it, you’re risking them going to Hell which is more harmful than just not telling people in the first place.
My point is about revelation over time. People in the Old Testament didn’t have Jesus to folllow so they couldn’t be expected to follow him. A Christian isn’t supposed to be consumed about what about those who didn’t hear, but concerned with ensuring people do hear.

Daps
What God also commands you to sacrifice your own child?
Mindless psychopathic tendencies
Worship (narcissism?) and sacrifice
Complete obedience no matter what despite these things
Sounds like Satan

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
What God also commands you to sacrifice your own child?
Mindless psychopathic tendencies
Worship (narcissism?) and sacrifice
Complete obedience no matter what despite these things
Sounds like Satan

Well God sacrificed His own child for us so that we might have eternal life so it's not like He is asking us to do anything He Himself hasn't already done. He has already made the greatest sacrifice for us out of love there is and that is a blood sacrifice. There is no greater love than someone being willing to painfully die so that you might live.

Daps
Well God sacrificed His own child for us so that we might have eternal life so it's not like He is asking us to do anything He Himself hasn't already done. He has already made the greatest sacrifice for us out of love there is and that is a blood sacrifice. There is no greater love than someone being willing to painfully die so that you might live.
Sound like a damn cult member
No greater love than the sacrifice of...nikka what?
:mjlol:

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
Sound like a damn cult member
No greater love than the sacrifice of nikka what?

There is nothing better anyone can do to prove they love you then being willing to offer up themselves as a sacrifice for you.

Again this has to do with free will.

Daps
There is nothing better anyone can do to prove they love you then being willing to offer up themselves as a sacrifice for you.
You're regurgitating lines that tell you what to think
Religion is a distortion
Two common reasons people cling to religion to
1) feel like a good person
2) feel like they have a safety net for life giving them hope during bad times

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
You're regurgitating lines that tell you what to think
Religion is a distortion

Religion can indeed be a distortion, I agree. But I am speaking out of what I know of my relationship with God. Only someone who loved me deeply would die a painful death for me.

Daps
Religion can indeed be a distortion, I agree. But I am speaking out of what I know of my relationship with God. Only someone who loved me deeply would die a painful death for me.
The bible and all the other religions are a bunch of distortions
I realized this at like 10 when all church was is believe this or go to hell
Perfect way to condition young impressionable minds
The truth is we're already in hell

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
The atheists and the religious are BOTH lost
The concept of a God doesn't seem ridiculous the reason why man run to atheism is because of the evil and suffering of the world

God did not spare Himself suffering so yes we will have suffering ourselves too but only in this short earthly life. I'll take a short earthly life full of suffering in exchange for an eternal pain-free happy life with God! Plus He is not asking us to go through anything He hasn't already gone through Himself. Our focus is always on our eternal heavenly lives and not these very short earthly ones.

Last edited:
Daps
God did not spare Himself suffering so yes we will have suffering ourselves too but only in this shirt earthly life. I'll take a short earthly life full of suffering in exchange for an eternal pain-free happy life with God! Plus He is not asking us to go through anything He hasn't already gone through Himself. Our focus is always on our eternal heavenly lives and not these very short earthly ones.
All based on religious texts written by other men stolen from who knows what people they killed off
It places a static way to view the world spiritually instead of a dynamic way and considering other possibilities
Religion is limiting and honestly leads to a lot of irrational people who make irrational decisions based on religious texts instead of taking responsibility for their lives and thinking rationally
This also applies to the nature of the world beyond this life we live
Religion limits the perception of this world and makes you ignore other spiritual ideas and consciousness experiences beyond religion
Don't worry God will take care of it