Why would a God desire to be praised/believed?

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
"The worship of God is: Honouring his gifts in other men, each according to his genius, and loving the greatest men best: those who envy or calumniate great men hate God; for there is no other God."
- William Blake

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
The clay pot also doesn’t have the ability to mistreat other clay pots and still get into Heaven simply because he believes in the pot maker as written by a clay pot.
Matthew 3:1-3

3 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,

2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
Religion :mjlol:

christians most hypocritical people on earth. Ive yet to meet one that follows that bullshyt book verbatim. Yall will be going to hell with the rest of us if we being real

Relationship with God>>>>>religion

Depends on your relationship with God not religion. Jesus detested the overly religious people and was closest to the regular people like fishermen etcetera who wanted a real relationship with Him.

There are definitely fake Christians around though and although they might make it to the gates of heaven, they will not be allowed to enter in. (Matthew 7:21)

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I’m not gonna read the thread I just wanted to stop by and laugh at y’all for trying to figure out how God thinks. How low are your IQs? How smart are you really? You, of limited intelligence, really think you can figure out God? That’s like the ant outside right now on my carport trying to figure out what I’m gonna do today. Am I gonna stop by the mailbox and drop that lil nicca some crumbs to eat today or am I gonna step on him or will he not see me at all? Guess the world will never know.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
It depends on what you consider moral. If you believe there is no heaven or hell at all and God/Jesus does not exist then the moral argument is nullified.
It’s not nullified because belief and knowing are two different things. One can believe that there is no God, not believe in Heaven/hell…but those things could still exist.

So again, if someone lives a wholesome life, but does not believe in God…will your Christian God send them to hell for eternity?

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
I’m not gonna read the thread I just wanted to stop by and laugh at y’all for trying to figure out how God thinks. How low are your IQs? How smart are you really? You, of limited intelligence, really think you can figure out God? That’s like the ant outside right now on my carport trying to figure out what I’m gonna do today. Am I gonna stop by the mailbox and drop that lil nicca some crumbs to eat today or am I gonna step on him or will he not see me at all? Guess the world will never know.

nikka nerds and dog smelling goofy cacs are at it again :mjlol:

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You all trying to fathom God and his reasoning, is like an ant trying to figure out why you moved the colony away from a flood path, but the ants still going back to the flood path not realizing your trying to save them.

If he is much more greater than you, you can't figure out ALL of his reasoning. You trying to do that is the height of human hubris.

At the end of it, WE ALL have to close our eyes for the last time one day.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
"The worship of God is: Honouring his gifts in other men, each according to his genius, and loving the greatest men best: those who envy or calumniate great men hate God; for there is no other God."
- William Blake

Joshua 23:8-11

8 But cleave unto the Lord your God, as ye have done unto this day.

9 For the Lord hath driven out from before you great nations and strong: but as for you, no man hath been able to stand before you unto this day.

10 One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the Lord your God, he it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you.

11 Take good heed therefore unto yourselves, that ye love the Lord your God.
We are living in a world of illusion

0*cfARsK0PNswokyqK.gif

We are living in a world of illusion

Last edited:

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
It’s not nullified because belief and knowing are two different things. One can believe that there is no God, not believe in Heaven/hell…but those things could still exist.

So again, if someone lives a wholesome life, but does not believe in God…will your Christian God send them to hell for eternity?

Agree to disagree on the first paragraph lol

As to the second, I think (just my personal opinion based on how God repeatedly knocks on our hearts' door) that there will be given multiple chances to get into heaven both now on earth and perhaps in a purgatory place as well in the afterlife but yes that is contingent on believing in God (Jesus) and His sacrifice for us. There is no other way to get into heaven and avoid going to hell. Being wholesome and doing "good" works is entirely subjective so salvation (e.g. going to heaven and avoiding hell) cannot be entirely dependant on that since many so-called "good" deeds are done by those that have self-serving/nefarious intentions.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Agree to disagree on the first paragraph lol

As to the second, I think (just my personal opinion based on how God repeatedly knocks on our hearts' door) that there will be given multiple chances to get into heaven both now on earth and perhaps in a purgatory place as well in the afterlife but yes that is contingent on believing in God (Jesus) and His sacrifice for us. There is no other way to get into heaven and avoid going to hell. Being wholesome and doing "good" works is entirely subjective so salvation (e.g. going to heaven and avoiding hell) cannot be entirely dependant on that since many so-called "good" deeds are done by those that have self-serving/nefarious intentions.
I respect your opinion, but philosophically this does not align with my world view.
And let’s not act like works done in the name of faith aren’t subjective and done for the wrong reasons at times. (“Be a good slave and you’ll get into Heaven”, persecution of Jews, Crusades, sexual abuse by missionaries).

If I had to choose a religion…I think I most align with Buddhism or Taoism

Cyrus' Wife

Wife of a Warrior
Daps
I respect your opinion, but philosophically this does not align with my world view.
And let’s not act like works done in the name of faith aren’t subjective and done for the wrong reasons at times. (“Be a good slave and you’ll get into Heaven”, persecution of Jews, Crusades, sexual abuse by missionaries).

If I had to choose a religion…I think I most align with Buddhism or Taoism

Agree to disagree friend.

:salute:

You're free to choose whichever relationship or religion you like but I encourage you to try God out too. Ask Him to show you His love and that He is real and He will do it. He loves you and wants to help you through life and give you an eternally happy life as well. God bless you breh. Great thread.

dezert_storm

All Star
Daps
I believe you’re only accountable for what’s been revealed to you.

Then by this logic, isn’t it immoral to spread Christianity? If none of us knew about it then we’d all go to Heaven. By letting other people know about it, you’re risking them going to Hell which is more harmful than just not telling people in the first place.