Why was it okay for Kendrick to use AI for his The Heart Part 5 when we scrutinized Drake for his use of AI on Taylor Made Freestyle?

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
They were both impersonations. No different than Dave Chappelle playing Prince or Rick James. Folks took Drake doing it way too seriously, as people have done impressions of or "spoke as" other people for forever. He just used today's technology. He basically "auto-tuned" himself doing a 2Pac impersonation. Big whoop :manny:

On the other hand, I personally always found that Kendrick video to be spooky and didn't care for it. It's one thing to dress up as somebody else, but to "dress" somebody else up as you is weirdly narcissistic and uncomfortable to watch. Breh was pulling some Jaqen H'ghar shyt in real life :damn: I wasn't here for it.

But they're really both the same thing and it's disingenuous to hold one as way worse than the other

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Even arguing the two uses of AI are the same (which is insane, but let's roll with it....)

What people don't seem to realize is, public opinion of AI from 2022 to 2024 worsened significantly.

Hell, a large part of the SAG-AFTRA strike was due to AI. SAG-AFTRA is the biggest actors union in Hollywood. Their strike ended late last year....then here comes Drake a few months later using AI in ways they went on strike to avoid.

It was an incredibly stupid move. Had Kendrick released "The Heart Pt. 5" in the same time line he would've received equal if not worse back lash.

But he didn't, so :yeshrug:

Fred.

Daps
Anyone else putting on Nipsey’s face and forgiving his killer would look crazy but Kendrick just opened his mouth...

it's because it's the perspective of a heavenly being. you can't compare yall worldy sinful demonic feelings to that especially if you are not in touch with your faith like kendrick is. be blessed tho.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Even arguing the two uses of AI are the same (which is insane, but let's roll with it....)

What people don't seem to realize is, public opinion of AI from 2022 to 2024 worsened significantly.

Hell, a large part of the SAG-AFTRA strike was due to AI. SAG-AFTRA is the biggest actors union in Hollywood. Their strike ended late last year....then here comes Drake a few months later using AI in ways they went on strike to avoid.

It was an incredibly stupid move. Had Kendrick released "The Heart Pt. 5" in the same time line he would've received equal if not worse back lash.

But he didn't, so :yeshrug:

Fred.
I never said it was the same but Kendrick was given a pass for his in the video and Drake was not for using AI to change his voice on the heart part 5.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I want to know why the world gave Kendrick props for fukking up Haley Joel Osment's name and nearly fukking up his whole flow on Euphoria :francis:

The battling ghosts or AI line before, sixth sense line, and he was in a film called AI only refer to HALEY JOEL OSMENT

I do not want to hear babble about Joel Osteen the preacher having books when that is not applicable at all :camby:

Daps
I want to know why the world gave Kendrick props for fukking up Haley Joel Osment's name and nearly fukking up his whole flow on Euphoria :francis:

The battling ghosts or AI line before, sixth sense line, and he was in a film called AI only refer to HALEY JOEL OSMENT

I do not want to hear babble about Joel Osteen the preacher having books when that is not applicable at all :camby:

(other than drake :huhldup:) who is remembering the full government name of a b-list child actor? u knew what he meant, that's all that matters.

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
who is remembering the full government name of a b-list child actor? u knew what he meant, that's all that matters.

:laff: the way everyone is willing to make excuses for and reach for this man

And it matters to me bc he was going in on that part of the song, fukks it up for me :martin:

You can't have everyone praising how methodical and purposeful all the lines are with a blatant mistake like that :shaq2:

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS

You have more of an issue with this than Haley Joel Osment himself does.
:mjlol:

Daps
:laff: the way everyone is willing to make excuses for and reach for this man

And it matters to me bc he was going in on that part of the song, fukks it up for me :martin:

You can't have everyone praising how methodical and purposeful all the lines are with a blatant mistake like that :shaq2:

i knew what he meant... didn't even know he messed up the name until i read a reddit thread
you sound batshyt crazy talking about messing up a government name in the context of rap music though. nikkas will come up with a whole lexicon and have the world vibing but god forbid some random kid actors name gets messed up!

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
i knew what he meant... didn't even know he messed up the name until i read a reddit thread
you sound batshyt crazy talking about messing up a government name in the context of rap music though. nikkas will come up with a whole lexicon and have the world vibing but god forbid some random kid actors name gets messed up!

This is like when Jay said the sun revolved around the Earth :mjlol:

I'm not sure why you're mad. He fukked the name up just so he could rhyme "off him" with "osteen"