Why was it okay for Kendrick to use AI for his The Heart Part 5 when we scrutinized Drake for his use of AI on Taylor Made Freestyle?

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
this is gonna be a fun thread because I don't think anyone can call you a Drake Stan or even a fan
Lmao you can't even talk about Kendrick or Drake without the stan wars. As you said I'm not a Drake fan but was just curious.

Drake used AI voices and people including myself found it corny but we gave a pass to Kendrick for using AI in his The Heart Part 5 video to change his face lol.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Imagine Kendrick used the voice or image of Kobe or Nip to preemptively shield himself from sexual misconduct or violence accusations against women in a rap battle.

That’s what the Heart 5 would have to be to be comparable.

I see so for you it wasn't him using the voice but him using the voice to shield himself from allegations and to try to use that as an angle?

For me it was the fact I find the whole AI voice shyt creepy, people could end up using it to commit crimes. I feel it's whack to impersonate others with that shyt but that's just me.

- I remember Kendrick getting slight backlash for the face swapping wether it's because they didn't appreciate the creativity or just on the strength of him using A.I. which a lot of people are against in any capacity.

- The face swapping in the video is nowhere near the same thing as using A.I. to take another artists vocals, impersonating them, speaking for them (rather than about them) especially to diss another artist, that is insanely wack and unethical.

It was corny especially given how he'd already been exposed for having ghost writers and other forms of plagerism. And it was disrespectful, to Pac in particular.

One of, if not the biggest unforced errors in rap history.
Now that you mention Kendrick did get Backlash but not as much, that's a fact lol. I did think it was wack to diss him with Pac personally but there is no rules in battle especially when Drake already took the gloves off by mentioning Kendrick's wife's name.

Now don't get me wrong Drake got annihilated in this battle but I only ask this question because this is hiphop. A genre which pretty much came from people getting inventive and creative with different forms of music. Can't change the fact that his move failed and was corny asf though lol.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Because Kendrick used it to change his face to show you who’s perspective he was rapping from. He used it artistically in a way that enhanced the experience of just listening. if you listen to the song you can hear what he is saying and figure who he is talking about/whose perspective it is but the video just made it easier to pick up on the first listen.

Drake on the other hand all he did was use AI to change his voice. He didn’t try and write like Pac, he didn’t try and change his flow to sound like Pac, it sounds stupid.

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
I remember people were complaining about it when it first dropped, but rapping from a different perspective isn't as bad since your voice is coming from them as you're talking from their perspective and telling a story.

Making your voice sound like the person is different cause that can lead to more fukkery especially using it to diss another person and even Drake knew he fukked up cause he took it down.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Taylor Made was a creative diss imo, and Drake had some lines as both Pac and Snoop, and he flamed that last verse. They jumped on the "AI is corny train" to diminish the song because at the time Kdot stans were nervous because he hadn't responded yet, and this song hit them harder than they would like to admit. And I say all this knowing this ultimately backfired on Drake.

Dog....what? :what:

People in general, not even interested in rap, were against using AI to manipulate voices for MONTHS prior to this beef even starting. Singers, actors, voice actors, etc.

This was 7 months before Drake dropped that song:

Knowing this Drake, one of the biggest artists in the world, still chose to put his stamp on it by using.

Using AI was never going to end well for him. Anyone with half a brain knew that. Trying to hand-wave it away as "oh, it was just Kendrick stans" is silly as hell.

Fred.

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
Since "Like That, " your tone changed a little, you not as enthused
How are you not in the booth? It feel like you kinda removed
You tryna let this shyt die down, nah, nah, nah
Not this time, n****, you followin' through

:wow:At that time, this was bars

But then it also turned out to be ‘famous last words’

Bruh shat on pgLang from whole differen altitude

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
ttaylor made is by far the worse song in the battle.

Drake's writers couldn't even mimic Snoop or Pac right. Drake ghostwritten lyrics being read by a Pac/Snoop voice is wacker than drake doing it himself.

If he wanted to really commit to that, he should've at least told his writers to properly do a pac/snoop verse.

look at it like this...Taylor made = to Eminem using Pac's voice to make pac say "Em" "g-unit" "2005" etc.

and we all know how shytty/wack/egotistical that bullshyt was.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
ttaylor made is by far the worse song in the battle.

Drake's writers couldn't even mimic Snoop or Pac right. Drake ghostwritten lyrics being read by a Pac/Snoop voice is wacker than drake doing it himself.

If he wanted to really commit to that, he should've at least told his writers to properly do a pac/snoop verse.

look at it like this...Taylor made = to Eminem using Pac's voice to make pac say "Em" "g-unit" "2005" etc.

and we all know how shytty/wack/egotistical that bullshyt was.

Stop.. listen Kid shoe Kenny won. We get it. But Taylor Made was the best record. Yall wanna bury Taylor Made so bad.. lol