Why was it okay for Kendrick to use AI for his The Heart Part 5 when we scrutinized Drake for his use of AI on Taylor Made Freestyle?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They also literally had a strike recently about AI videos and everything else regarding that too

Idk why we wanna pretend people only care about AI voices when deep fakes and what Kendrick did has also been highly disliked and hated by actors.

It is what it is but I genuinely don't get placing either ahead of each other on a moral value when they both used aspects that are highly hated by actors, voice actors, etc.
Which is why the industry went on strike because of it. And that's a straight lie as someone that works in both the creative industry and the technology industry.

And idk why things are changing, numerous reporters and sites reported this as a deepfakes. Do you have proof it was CGI? They were using deepfakes since like 2015 with fast and furious. It was literally a combination of the two. Wasn't exactly the Irishman. It was a well known concern then

But a rapper using faces and rapping from their perspective isn't also acceleration? They literally just took different approaches. One visual and more vocal..both heavily criticized by the actual creators.

Pretending otherwise is crazy and very biased

That's the strike I'm referring to and the difference is timing.

"The Heart Pt. 5" came out over a year before the strike started.

"Taylor Made Freestyle" came out 4 months after the strike ended.

That alone is why one was received better than the other.

And yeah the Kendrick sh*t was deepfakes. But it falls under fair use, unlike the Drake situation.

So regardless of how rap fans feel, one was legal and one was literally not. That's another fundamental difference between the two.

Fred.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
That alone is why one was received better than the other

I personally don't think that's why but I always appreciate you at least being able to have a good conversation, put me on and back shyt up even if we disagree.

Actually didn't know that fell under fair use. That's kinda wild but super interesting. The AI shyt is gonna everything, and especially music super interesting moving forward. Especially with legacy acts selling their catalogue.

Don't think we've seen exploitation of one yet. Maybe the beetles and them being in commercials but iirc, that's a very old deal? Will be interesting seeing how someone like Whitney Houston is handled since I think she also sold her likeness and everything to.

Wild times ahead

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
Taylor Made was a creative diss imo, and Drake had some lines as both Pac and Snoop, and he flamed that last verse. They jumped on the "AI is corny train" to diminish the song because at the time Kdot stans were nervous because he hadn't responded yet, and this song hit them harder than they would like to admit. And I say all this knowing this ultimately backfired on Drake.
What makes it creative? Dude is in the biggest battle in hiphop history and dropped a song with fake pac and snoop voices lmao. That’s some shyt 50 wouldve did to ja just to make nikkas laugh at him lol

Daps
Ge literally referenced one of the most notable movies of all time and got it wrong. Acting like it's creepy shyt to know he starred in it is weird shyt considering Macaulay Culkin and home alone is referenced a lot and he's way more of a b list child actor than osment has recently had way more high profile roles.

you like who you like :huhldup:

Daps
:gucci:
Am I reading this wrong?

So you only listened to one side

forget reading. are you listening?!

this man said

Celebrate new life when it come back around
The purpose is in the lessons we learnin' now
Sacrifice personal gain over heverything
Just to see the next generation better than ours
I wasn't perfect, the skin I was in had truly suffered
Temptation and patience, everything that the body nurtures
I felt the good, I felt the bad, and I felt the worry
But all in all, my productivity had stayed urgent
Face your fears, always knew that I would make it here
Where the energy is magnified and persevered
Consciousness is synchronized and crystal-clear
Euphoria is glorified and made His.
Reflecting on my life and what I done
Paid dues, made rules change out of love
Them same views made schools change curriculums
But didn't change me staring down the barrel of that gun
Should I feel resentful I didn't see my full potential?
Should I feel regret about the good that I was into?
Everything is everything, this ain't coincidental
I woke up that mornin' with more 💙 to give you
As I bleed through the speakers, feel my presence
To my brother, to my kids, I'm in Heaven.
To my mother, to my sis, I'm in Heaven.
To my father, to my wife, I am serious, this is Heaven.
To my friends, make sure you countin' them blessings
To my fans, make sure you make them investments
And to the killer that sped up my demise
I forgive you, just know your soul's in question
I seen the pain in your pupil when that trigger had squeezed
And though you did me gruesome, I was surely relieved
I completed my mission, wasn't ready to leave
But fulfilled my days, my Creator was pleased.
I can't stress how I love y'all
I don't need to be in flesh just to hug y'all
The memories recollect just because y'all
Celebrate me with respect
The unity we protect is above all.

now why in God's name would anybody normal hear that then ever GAF about anything drake ever said :francis:

Last edited:

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
cuz Kendrick is dark skinned. That automatically means you're for the people and stand for our civil rights

:mjlol: