Why was it okay for Kendrick to use AI for his The Heart Part 5 when we scrutinized Drake for his use of AI on Taylor Made Freestyle?

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Even arguing the two uses of AI are the same (which is insane, but let's roll with it....)

What people don't seem to realize is, public opinion of AI from 2022 to 2024 worsened significantly.

Hell, a large part of the SAG-AFTRA strike was due to AI. SAG-AFTRA is the biggest actors union in Hollywood. Their strike ended late last year....then here comes Drake a few months later using AI in ways they went on strike to avoid.

It was an incredibly stupid move. Had Kendrick released "The Heart Pt. 5" in the same time line he would've received equal if not worse back lash.

But he didn't, so :yeshrug:

Fred.

They also literally had a strike recently about AI videos and everything else regarding that too

Idk why we wanna pretend people only care about AI voices when deep fakes and what Kendrick did has also been highly disliked and hated by actors.

It is what it is but I genuinely don't get placing either ahead of each other on a moral value when they both used aspects that are highly hated by actors, voice actors, etc.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
They also literally had a strike recently about AI videos and everything else regarding that too

Idk why we wanna pretend people only care about AI voices when deep fakes and what Kendrick did has also been highly disliked and hated by actors.

It is what it is but I genuinely don't get placing either ahead of each other on a moral value when they both used aspects that are highly hated by actors, voice actors, etc.
My man, surely you can tell when one case is more egregious than the other and, as other said sensibilities changing over time

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
(other than drake :huhldup:) who is remembering the full government name of a b-list child actor? u knew what he meant, that's all that matters.

Ge literally referenced one of the most notable movies of all time and got it wrong. Acting like it's creepy shyt to know he starred in it is weird shyt considering Macaulay Culkin and home alone is referenced a lot and he's way more of a b list child actor than osment has recently had way more high profile roles.

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to know why the world gave Kendrick props for fukking up Haley Joel Osment's name and nearly fukking up his whole flow on Euphoria :francis:

The battling ghosts or AI line before, sixth sense line, and he was in a film called AI only refer to HALEY JOEL OSMENT

I do not want to hear babble about Joel Osteen the preacher having books when that is not applicable at all :camby:
I don’t see where he messed up his flow but yea he fukked that scheme up. It was still a fire rebuttal as I knew what he meant but he didn’t stick the landing. The punch still landed IMO. People scrambling to make excuses for it was comical though :russ:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
My man, surely you can tell when one case is more egregious than the other and, as other said sensibilities changing over time

Over time? My man, that strike was literally ended less than a year ago regarding AI likenesses and deepfakes

It's literally just an excuse nikkas are flip flopping on depending on if they like the artist, much more so than the actual application of its usage

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are different and I get it but that's not my question.

Both of them clearly fake and computer generated but I guess we give a pass for AI video done in homage. Using AI voice's is still frowned upon but we have to accept it y'all, I feel that where the music industry is headed :manny:

:troll:
But one person used CGI to put different faces on himself to make a statement. While the other used AI to make people say things in a diss record. To be clear again. I enjoy Taylor Made as it’s a great troll song in the moment. Comparing it to heart pt 5 just doesn’t make sense to prove hypocrisy. There’s lots of non sense Kbots have said in this battle but criticism of Taylor Made has some justification

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Over time? My man, that strike was literally ended less than a year ago regarding AI likenesses and deepfakes

It's literally just an excuse nikkas are flip flopping on depending on if they like the artist, much more so than the actual application of its usage
People barely had any insight as to what AI could do in 2022 whereas by 2024 it has consistently become a major point of anxiety for creatives and fans EVERYWHERE, not just actors. I work in the creative industry so I can tell you first hand people did not even think about this shyt 2 years ago.

Moreover...I'm pretty sure the Kendrick thing wasn't even AI to begin with :mjlol: it was CGI/photo manipulation like what movie studios do. AI wasnt even capable of making photos without deformed hands until early this year. So it's an entirely different ethical issue anyway. As much of an abuse of likeness as it was, it was still something done by an actual graphic designer with a software program, which is the deeper part of the AI concerns.

The AI issue isn't just about the abuse of likenesses but how it will put creatives of all kinds out of work. Writers, animators, designers, and so on. So a major artist spitting an entire verse through an AI voice of a dead rapper is going to incentivize that

And like others have pointed out...people did raise alarm with Kendrick anyway. But again...levels. Drake's shyt was a far bigger violation than Kendrick and you KNOW that.

You're normally a smart poster but the subject of Drake turns your brain waves off.

Last edited:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
People barely had any insight as to what AI could do in 2022 whereas by 2024 it has consistently become a major point of anxiety for creatives and fans EVERYWHERE, not just actors. I work in the creative industry so I can tell you first hand people did not even think about this shyt 2 years ago.

Moreover...I'm pretty sure the Kendrick thing wasn't even AI to begin with :mjlol: it was CGI/photo manipulation like what movie studios do. AI wasnt even capable of making photos without deformed hands until early this year. So it's an entirely different ethical issue anyway

The AI issue isn't just about the abuse of likenesses but how it will put creatives of all kinds out of work. So a major artist spitting an entire verse through an AI voice of a dead rapper is going to incentivize that

Which is why the industry went on strike because of it. And that's a straight lie as someone that works in both the creative industry and the technology industry.

And idk why things are changing, numerous reporters and sites reported this as a deepfakes. Do you have proof it was CGI? They were using deepfakes since like 2015 with fast and furious. It was literally a combination of the two. Wasn't exactly the Irishman. It was a well known concern then

But a rapper using faces and rapping from their perspective isn't also acceleration? They literally just took different approaches. One visual and more vocal..both heavily criticized by the actual creators.

Pretending otherwise is crazy and very biased and I don't know that because the only argue people give with this is "oh, this is different". Hell, iirc, the 2PAC estate wasn't even exactly mad over the vocal modulation but more so it was being used to attack somebody they fukk with. Snoop didn't raise a concern. Not once during their argument did they voice concerns over the voice thing exactly; it was more so how it was used and who it used against.

Bro, I've been very non-biased outside of joking around and encouraging this beef to actually happen. Both artists are my top 2 artists streamed every year. People just don't like the fact I'm not acquiescing to popular again on shyt and pointing out very obvious double standards.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Which is why the industry went on strike because of it. And that's a straight lie as someone that works in both the creative industry and the technology industry.

And idk why things are changing, numerous reporters and sites reported this as a deepfakes. Do you have proof it was CGI? They were using deepfakes since like 2015 with fast and furious. It was literally a combination of the two. Wasn't exactly the Irishman. It was a well known concern then

But a rapper using faces and rapping from their perspective isn't also acceleration? They literally just took different approaches. One visual and more vocal..both heavily criticized by the actual creators.

Pretending otherwise is crazy and very biased
Deepfake =/= AI. CGI is literally how Marvel, the Irishman, F&F were able to do what they did in the first place

I don't think yall understand what AI is and why people are concerned about it. It's an automated program done without human hands. A graphic designer using whatever animation program they have to super impose Kobes face onto Kendrick and animating it is literally NOT AI.

And ChatGPT and Midjourney weren't even things people knew about in May 2022. So again, the general public wasnt even thinking about AI.

What Drake did is not only a way bigger violation than swapping faces, it's a way deeper issue.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Deepfake =/= AI. CGI is literally how Marvel, the Irishman, F&F were able to do what they did in the first place

I don't think yall understand what AI is and why people are concerned about it. It's an automated program done without human hands. A graphic designer using whatever animation program they have to super impose Kobes face onto Kendrick and animating it is literally NOT AI.

And ChatGPT and Midjourney weren't even things people knew about in May 2022. So again, the general public wasnt even thinking about AI.

What Drake did is not only a way bigger violation than swapping faces, it's a way deeper issue.

A deepfake is inherently AI? And you're completely wrong, F&F was a deepfake. The Irishman and Marvel were CGI deaging; maybe not marvel since idk what you're referring to but the difference in the Irishman and F&F were/are obvious as both literally explained their process and F&F admitted to using AI.

Bro, what? Idk why you're trying to disappear my knowledge of AI or technology. I literally work under Microsoft and am required to use copilot consistently. I have a pretty good knowledge of what AI is, its impacts and ramifications.

It's literally on the same page, hence the big strike from Hollywood regarding it.

Midjourney was immediately popular in 2022. They were profitable in August. Their discord and server was going crazy at that time. ChatGPT, probably. But midjourney was 100% being known. Maybe not widespread popularity (which it still hasn't reached even with more people being aware of generative AI and it being more user friendly)

That's cap. @bnew might have more information on usage around that time but come on bro. I'm sure he'll tell you I know exactly what AI is, the concerns and everything else.