Why Tyler the only rapper from OF to be a star

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Part of it has less to do with music and more with Tyler's personality too, he always came off as happy-go-lucky/goofy as fukk in interviews with his antics. I mean so much so that they even gave him a comedy show. Peeps kinda flocked to his weirdo charisma I guess.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
- Tyler has a lot of bars on multiple albums more or less shytting on nikkas that didn't have his vision, drive, discipline, etc. which I always took as Odd Future subs. But then again Tyler is an emotional, bipolar sissy, so that's to be considered. Talented as fukk. But also a complete sociopath that will definitely throw others to the fire if it meant he stayed hot. But to be fair, dude admitted from day 1 he couldn't wait to sell out, so can't even blame him.
When? Where?

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I’m not a fan of the crew like that but man they’ve had a nice run apart from each other. Domo and Hodgy got some stuff I liked, I’m a big Internet fan, Earl is doing ok out here I just don’t follow him, Tyler is Tyler, etc. I can’t knock the hustle

Suge Knight

MOB
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Federal Prison
Tyler the creator appeals to a certain demographic, he's talented but his corny antic's is kinda :scust:

Domo Genesis and Earlsweatshirt are my favorites..

Domo Genesis No Idols and rolling papers are classic's in my opinion.

Earl Sweatshirt is talented but fell off being on drugs.

If they had better work ethics

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tyler the creator appeals to a certain demographic, he's talented but his corny antic's is kinda :scust:

Domo Genesis and Earlsweatshirt are my favorites..

Domo Genesis No Idols and rolling papers are classic's in my opinion.

Earl Sweatshirt is talented but fell off being on drugs.

If they had better work ethics
Have you listened to Some Rap Songs, I Don’t Like shyt/I Don’t Go Outside or Solace?

They’re all pretty fantastic projects.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
My nikka - they were popular for the entirety of the 2010s, in some form or fashion.
nikka talking about two weeks lmao all my middle school years were tied to Odd Future
I think they ran into the pitfalls that music groups started by kids run into. People grow up. Wants, desires and ambitions change. Hell, people just change.

- Domo had a foot in and out of the group. There was a period where he took a year off OF to pursue a degree, which isn't wrong or dumb, but if I'm someone that's putting my all into this, I'm not looking at you as being the same as me or putting as much heart/risk as me. Remember, these teenagers.

- Hodgey been an opportunistic hater. His music was never the most demanded out of OF, but sometimes he would be on some diva shyt. Hating on Earl until he got sent to Somalia and the 'Free Earl' chants were at about every show.

- Earl in my opinion had just as much raw artistic/musical talent as Tyler, but didn't have the organizational/management skills and genuinely needed therapy and rehabilitation at the peak of OF. The right label could've had Earl as a kind of lesser, more emo Kendrick. But I suppose Earl doesn't even want fame or anything like that

- Tyler has a lot of bars on multiple albums more or less shytting on nikkas that didn't have his vision, drive, discipline, etc. which I always took as Odd Future subs. But then again Tyler is an emotional, bipolar sissy, so that's to be considered. Talented as fukk. But also a complete sociopath that will definitely throw others to the fire if it meant he stayed hot. But to be fair, dude admitted from day 1 he couldn't wait to sell out, so can't even blame him.

- Mike G was a mascot

I think Tyler saw what OF was or was supposed to be long before the others did. Can't take anything from that man, but I always feel Tyler could've been more stand up for the OF crew. He literally only looked out for his non-musical best friends he came with (Jasper, Taco)
Good breakdown. Didn't Hodgy beef with Tyler like two separate times?:mjlol:

This shyt had some joints on it tho:banderas:
Numbersalbumartwork.jpg

And damn I didn't know Earl had a problem with Tyler not taking down that narrative with the whole boarding school shyt. I don't blame him tho, they was edgy for the sake of being edgy back then.