Why Tyler the only rapper from OF to be a star

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I mean you just named 3 that have had success, Earl is good artist, maybe not a star but he made some dope stuff. The only ones left I can remember were Hodgy beats and Domo Genesis and Hodgy is dating Nelly Furtado. Im not sure how much more success you could expect from a group that was kind of alt rap crew with a cult following. OF never had any hits as a group

EZ8R1n4WsAE1g_c.jpg

lmaoooo I thought ya'll nikkas was trolling

Because he was the only one with star quality from the jump.

/thread

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Not everyone is built to be a star, nor does everyone want that type of life.

I mean how many people from any crew end up becoming giant stars? The number is pretty low.

Earl is a super successful indie artist BTW. I imagine he could be a bigger artist if he wanted to be, but he seems happy being an eccentric and left field kind of cat.

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
He was always gonna be the one to shine. His talent is undeniable and he can navigate through styles easily, and has his own visual/musical identity. Also iirc he was the mastermind behind all the merchandising, visual content, community management, etc...of OF. So on top of being a talented rapper/producer he's a talented organizer and can manage different mediums and aspects of his career. Earl had the most hype but his time away really changed the course of his career and he decided to dwell in the underground. Domo is a good rapper but he doesn't really stand out like that. Syd and The Internet got their thing going on but in a different lane. Frank also doesn't seem to care about being a star. The other guys were niche even during OF's runs.

I think I remember reading in an interview by him that the whole 'fukk Earl's mom' chants and Tyler doing nothing to control that situation/narrative of him being in correctional school by force is what stopped him from cliquing up with OF again. He really has deep remorse and almost destain from his old music with Odd Future and understandably so.