Daps
Did Syd's solo album ever drop?

SydFinAlbum.jpg

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
Run Thru U Like Skattebo
do you even have to ask why? most of them are very average underground rappers with no swag or excitement outside of juvenile antics. that got old. thankfully earl is far above average in skill, syd can eat since R&B is weak anyway but that's about it, and domo is lowkey the most well rounded one but for some reason things just arent clicking for him

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
I think they ran into the pitfalls that music groups started by kids run into. People grow up. Wants, desires and ambitions change. Hell, people just change.

- Domo had a foot in and out of the group. There was a period where he took a year off OF to pursue a degree, which isn't wrong or dumb, but if I'm someone that's putting my all into this, I'm not looking at you as being the same as me or putting as much heart/risk as me. Remember, these teenagers.

- Hodgey been an opportunistic hater. His music was never the most demanded out of OF, but sometimes he would be on some diva shyt. Hating on Earl until he got sent to Somalia and the 'Free Earl' chants were at about every show.

- Earl in my opinion had just as much raw artistic/musical talent as Tyler, but didn't have the organizational/management skills and genuinely needed therapy and rehabilitation at the peak of OF. The right label could've had Earl as a kind of lesser, more emo Kendrick. But I suppose Earl doesn't even want fame or anything like that

- Tyler has a lot of bars on multiple albums more or less shytting on nikkas that didn't have his vision, drive, discipline, etc. which I always took as Odd Future subs. But then again Tyler is an emotional, bipolar sissy, so that's to be considered. Talented as fukk. But also a complete sociopath that will definitely throw others to the fire if it meant he stayed hot. But to be fair, dude admitted from day 1 he couldn't wait to sell out, so can't even blame him.

- Mike G was a mascot

I think Tyler saw what OF was or was supposed to be long before the others did. Can't take anything from that man, but I always feel Tyler could've been more stand up for the OF crew. He literally only looked out for his non-musical best friends he came with (Jasper, Taco)

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Read your list using context clues and you'll answer your own question.
I want to see what my coli brehs got to say. It’s more interesting. Tbh I personally didn’t think Tyler would get this big. Honestly when Bedrock dropped by Young Money. I only thought Nicki and Tyga would be stars and Drake would disappear like Jae Millz and Gudda Gudda.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I want to see what my coli brehs got to say. It’s more interesting. Tbh I personally didn’t think Tyler would get this big. Honestly when Bedrock dropped by Young Money. I only thought Nicki and Tyga would be stars and Drake would disappear like Jae Millz and Gudda Gudda.

Gotcha.

I knew they would all be huge.

Still remember making the thread that ended up being the BGOL Drake intro thread and the thread for that crazy ass Earl video when them nikkas was mixing up all type of crazy shyt in the blender.

I missed my calling as a record man. :wow:

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
They happen to be and I never heard all of OF rappers and shyt. I dismissed them but they was popular af. I always thought the less attention seeking ones would have longevity. Tyler always been a dope producer I’ll say that.

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
Gotcha.

I knew they would all be huge.

Still remember making the thread that ended up being the BGOL Drake intro thread and the thread for that crazy ass Earl video when them nikkas was mixing up all type of crazy shyt in the blender.

I missed my calling as a record man. :wow:
Sound like an A&R lol. I wouldn’t be a good one. I thought Blu would be bigger and Gibbs would be mainstream.

Cheese McNair

Bought it this morning, drive it like I stole it
Daps
Yeah it is kinda weird. There was a point in time where Mellowhype was the most accessible act in OF and they put out some good albums. Left Brain started teaching art to kids or some shyt and fell back. Hodgy seems to be into being a father plus he beefed with Tyler. They recorded at Syd and Taco’s house(they’re siblings) but Syd stopped seeing herself as an OF member when she started The Internet. Domo and Mike G were good rappers but the ability to make good songs consistently is not their strong suit. Domo needs a good producer to work with (like Tyler, Left, or Alc). Mike G also seemed to be more interested in chopped and screw instead of rapping.