Why Tyler the only rapper from OF to be a star

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
When? Where?

It was early Odd Future. Like, Tumblr era 2010/11 Odd Future, so it was a post on his personal Tumblr I think. He was more or less saying he's not tryna stay underground (this was round the time being indie/underground was super edgy and an 'it' factor) and he's tryna be the biggest artist he can be and anyone that wants an artist they like to remain underground or unknown isn't a true fan. It makes sense when you read the post. 'Selling out' was the wrong phrase probably

nikka talking about two weeks lmao all my middle school years were tied to Odd Future

Good breakdown. Didn't Hodgy beef with Tyler like two separate times?:mjlol:

This shyt had some joints on it tho:banderas:
Numbersalbumartwork.jpg

And damn I didn't know Earl had a problem with Tyler not taking down that narrative with the whole boarding school shyt. I don't blame him tho, they was edgy for the sake of being edgy back then.

The two been sending subs at each other. Cherry Bomb particularly has a lot of subtle barbs downing the kind of music Earl makes and his journey with depression etc. A lot of word play about nikkas that don't go outside (reference to Earl's album I Don't Like shyt, I Don't Go Outside) It's not real beef or anything, but more two friends that took different paths and see their catapult to fame in different ways.

Earl was wilding out beyond the music and he felt Tyler did nothing but put a battery in his back whereas Tyler, who's used to being uninhibited so saw nothing wrong with Earl's behavior not considering not everyone knows how to put a cap on the wild shyt when it matters, but again, these kids.

Earl goes to reform school which he constantly says he's grateful for. They had him talking to child rape victims and he says that changed him forever.

Tyler, who's content was far worse (far as being offensive) and more graphic than Earl's, was seemingly rewarded for it with fortune, fame, opportunity, working with people he looked up to and inspired him (Kanye, Pharrell, etc) so he got carried away

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
Earl Sweatshirt Addresses Past Sexual Assault & Rape Lyrics

'When questioned about his upcoming album Doris being less abrasive than Earl during an interview with GQ magazine, the 19-year-old emcee referred to lyrics that reference rape and sexual assault as “crazy” and later spoke on the personal effect working with sexual assault victims while at Samoa’s Coral Reef Academy had on him.

“I’m an adult. I can’t be fukking talking about raping people and shyt. That shyt’s crazy. As an adult, if you want to talk about rape, there’s certain shyt that comes along with it….Yeah, so you get to see that side of the fence, and then it’s just fukked,” said Earl when asked about his work with sexual assault victims. “That’s what I’m saying. That fully draws the line, where it’s like you can stand on either side. Either you’re a fool that is down with fukked up shyt – I mean, I’m a fan of macabre shyt, you know what I’m saying? But not like that. At the end of the day, I’m not some evil guy.”'

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
It was early Odd Future. Like, Tumblr era 2010/11 Odd Future, so it was a post on his personal Tumblr I think. He was more or less saying he's not tryna stay underground (this was round the time being indie/underground was super edgy and an 'it' factor) and he's tryna be the biggest artist he can be and anyone that wants an artist they like to remain underground or unknown isn't a true fan. It makes sense when you read the post. 'Selling out' was the wrong phrase probably

The two been sending subs at each other. Cherry Bomb particularly has a lot of subtle barbs downing the kind of music Earl makes and his journey with depression etc. A lot of word play about nikkas that don't go outside (reference to Earl's album I Don't Like shyt, I Don't Go Outside) It's not real beef or anything, but more two friends that took different paths and see their catapult to fame in different ways.

Earl was wilding out beyond the music and he felt Tyler did nothing but put a battery in his back whereas Tyler, who's used to being uninhibited so saw nothing wrong with Earl's behavior not considering not everyone knows how to put a cap on the wild shyt when it matters, but again, these kids.

Earl goes to reform school which he constantly says he's grateful for. They had him talking to child rape victims and he says that changed him forever.

Tyler, who's content was far worse (far as being offensive) and more graphic than Earl's, was seemingly rewarded for it with fortune, fame, opportunity, working with people he looked up to and inspired him (Kanye, Pharrell, etc) so he got carried away
Oh ok