Why pay $499 for checkerboard 4K when you can pay $399?

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
we knew this going in though. the question is whether it's worth it especially if the extra power won't be taken advantage of or if it's at least gonna be noticeable enough over the ps pro
We really haven't seen any examples of what the difference between the most powerful consoles will be...

It appears that the brehs who are crucifying the XIX already are doing so prematurely.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
No disrespect, but isn't that what we all are doing?

I mean, did Phil Spencer say verbatim "every game Native 4k and 60fps?"

I actually rewatched the conference and even the Anthem portion was introduced and narrated by the third party, not Phil Spencer.

Also, considering the amazing g achievement by the Pro to play Horizon Dawn at such high resolution, it was checkerboard 4k, right?

The 1st party titles shown by Msft were native 4k.

I'm not being facetious, I really mean correct me if I'm wrong. I've developed an interest in this shyt now. (For debate purposes)

My thoughts are Phil wants his 1st party games to have a system available where native 4k will be standard. Have we seen that promise broken already?

yep, shyt's more powerful and it costs more. I don't know how dudes let all this 4K hoo-ha distract them from that simple point
I'm going to not be a fan of anything right now. Using the words of Phil and some things I see here, let's break it down

There's two different arguments. One is did Phil lead people on by saying the X will be native 4K, while dissing the Pro for trickery? Did he then come out with a machine that does exactly the same thing? Have some games in native 4K and trickery for the rest?

Yes. Yes. Yes.

The other argument is, is the X one still better than the Pro, and worth the extra 100?

Yes.

Why does everyone care? Cause nobody wants to be mislead. As others have said, gamers have started caring about these graphics over everything. This is why they run out and spend 1000-5000 on a tv, making sure it has HDR, and real 4K.

When these new systems were announced, another couple thousand people ran out to get tvs to match. But then the pro wasn't "real 4K" and people started shytting on it. Even tho SOME games can do native.

Phil jumps on this and clowns Sony for it. People once again prepare for a new system to match this money they spent. Oh real 4K. Can't wait. They wait. They wait. Uh oh. Same damn thing.

At the end of the day, both will utilize real and checkerboard, while people want and expected native on each and every game, because they are uneducated in the fact that it ain't gonna happen for YEARS

teacher

All Star
Daps
we knew this going in though. the question is whether it's worth it especially if the extra power won't be taken advantage of or if it's at least gonna be noticeable enough over the ps pro

UHD blu ray is more then worth it though...what UHD player is only $100 :mindblown:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
that's a determination people will have to make for themselves. I'm sure when we get closer DF gonna have pixel-counting comparisons and shyt

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If I give you $2.00 to feed a family of 5 and you go buy a box of macaroni and cook the whole box and they each get a serving technically you feed a family of 5 for a couple dollars cause they all ate something but it wasn't enough money to give them a decent meal. What if I gave you $1.25 instead of $2.00? $2.00 is technically more than $1.25 but what does that extra 75 cents get you in terms of buying power? Nothing meaningful.
:laff: Nothing like a signature Winb analogy to seal the deal.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
but by time they started doing stock $399 without kinects werent ps4s going for $350 bundle with a game :patrice: and even at same price point of $399 the PS4 still out performs the original Xbox 1 :patrice:
are you sure about your timeline? a quick google search says the x1 was $399 without Kinect in June 2014, and the PS4 dropped to $350 in Oct 2015

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
do you think they pursued a higher profit margin, or was their manufacturing process more expensive?
who are we discussing ? xbox? ps4? If my memory serves me correct xbox was only making only $30 profit on the $499 models? and operates at a minor loss at $399 price point and a bigger loss at the $350 price point. The sales model of both is obviously take loss at initial sales cost and make it back on xbox live, store purchases, etc.

"Microsoft sells each Xbox One for $499 after spending $471 to build it,"

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
who are we discussing ? xbox? ps4? If my memory serves me correct xbox was only making only $30 profit on the $499 models? and operates at a minor loss at $399 price point and a bigger loss at the $350 price point. The sales model of both is obviously take loss at initial sales cost and make it back on xbox live, store purchases, etc.

"Microsoft sells each Xbox One for $499 after spending $471 to build it,"
I'm just trying to figure out where this is going. the X1X is more expensive and more powerful than the PS4 Pro. the original X1 wasn't a good value, and suffered because of it