Why pay $499 for checkerboard 4K when you can pay $399?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I was never expecting 60fps but Phil said this will be real 4K. It should be at least that. I can get this for nothing out of pocket but I'm seriously questioning if I should even bother. I already have a PS4 Pro anyway so I may just redirect that $500 to the 1080ti successor next year.

I still can't believe Phil sat up there and told those bold faced lies with zero fukks given.
You still haven't figured out that Phil is a con man? :dahell:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a few reasons:

- you like xbox more than ps...
- more of your friends own a xbox...
- you like the games on xbox more...

..there are plenty of reasons to get X in stead of the pro, just cause you dont agree doesnt mean it's wrong for someone else to think so....besides, if people cared about graphics like that, they'd be on pc, not console...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WELL GOTDAMN FAM!!!!

IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR NATIVE 4K BEING STANDARD ON CONSOLES EVEN NEXT GEN!!!! :to:

nope...if that shyt comes at all, it wont be till ps 6/7 and xbox 3/4....think about it, they dont even got all games at 1080p and that resolution been around a lot longer than 4k....if gamers were smart, they'd shift the focus from resolution to other shyt....tell devs 1080p is good enough right now, improve other shyt....

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I was never expecting 60fps but Phil said this will be real 4K. It should be at least that. I can get this for nothing out of pocket but I'm seriously questioning if I should even bother. I already have a PS4 Pro anyway so I may just redirect that $500 to the 1080ti successor next year.

I still can't believe Phil sat up there and told those bold faced lies with zero fukks given.
Well technically he never said ALL games will have true 4K :troll:

So as long as one game does have true 4K, then "the Scorpio will have true 4K" :troll:

If you don't like it, go buy another system :troll:

Phil gonna Phil :troll:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
nope...if that shyt comes at all, it wont be till ps 6/7 and xbox 3/4....think about it, they dont even got all games at 1080p and that resolution been around a lot longer than 4k....if gamers were smart, they'd shift the focus from resolution to other shyt....tell devs 1080p is good enough right now, improve other shyt....
Word. You don't even think of that. A lot of these games in 900p and shyt and still not 60 frames

How the hell we gonna skip to true 4K on every single game

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Because what was shown on the Anthem reveal took nikkas until this article to know it was checkerboard.

As a nikka who's only now trying to understand the shyt that y'all nikkas claim to be on a knowledgeable pedestal about, the shyt I saw looked amazing and I'm just chasing the best available console performance while I play with my squad...I could give a fukk about checkersboards, checkers or monopolyboard 4k.

Anyone purchasing a console so they can attach a specs reader so they can beat off to should seek unbiased opinion but should also not be on consoles.

Or does it fukk up OPs punchline?

My bad, nikkas cook.:mjlol:
lmfaooooo

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Word. You don't even think of that. A lot of these games in 900p and shyt and still not 60 frames

How the hell we gonna skip to true 4K on every single game

that's cause gamers get so excited over graphics, and devs know this...gamers lose they mind for a new number in front of whatever letter, so devs have concentrated on that part the most...

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
true 4K or not, the x1x is more powerful than the Pro, so it costs more

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Breh... So you're admitting that most of these corny threads are filling up the arcadiums front page are to targeting at most 4 loud Xbox nikkas???

How about y'all rambunctious nikkas get group chat or one dedicated thread to keep y'all fued going instead of overtaking the coli.:mjlol:

The rest of the arcadium walks into these threads expecting an actual analysis of some shyt.:gucci:
Uhhh no.

You're doing a lot of caping for Xbox without actually looking before you fly.

This is about Phil Spencer himself lying,once again not a few die hard microsoft stans.

The man is full of shyt.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
true 4K or not, the x1x is more powerful than the Pro, so it costs more
And what does the extra power achieve to you the end user? This is how the head of Xbox sells that extra power to you.
"I look at [PS4] Pro as more of a competitor to [Xbox One] S than I do to Xbox One X,” claims Spencer. “This is a true 4K console. If you just look at the specs of what this box is, it's in a different league than any other console that's out there.” Spencer points out 40 percent more GPU speed, more RAM, and the speed of storage as the advantages of the Xbox One X over the PS4 Pro, but he also knocks Sony’s methods for getting to 4K resolutions with some of its games. “When I think about techniques to somehow manufacture a 4K screen like what some other consoles try to do, this is different than that.”
Is Anthem's E3 reveal the real deal on Xbox One X? | Eurogamer
Anthem is running at 3840x2160 in this demo, but it does so using checkerboard rendering.

So if this "true 4K console" has enough power for "true 4K" instead of using "techniques to somehow manufacture a 4K screen like what some other consoles try to do" why is the end result that the "true 4K console" using those same techniques?

Here's a bigger question. Why at Xbox press event did Phil not preface the Anthem presentation with "this game uses checkerboard 4K." The answer is simple he's misrepresenting what's shown on stage by muddying the waters then he shrugs his shoulders and says "developers are free to choose how they use the power."

If I give you $2.00 to feed a family of 5 and you go buy a box of macaroni and cook the whole box and they each get a serving technically you feed a family of 5 for a couple dollars cause they all ate something but it wasn't enough money to give them a decent meal. What if I gave you $1.25 instead of $2.00? $2.00 is technically more than $1.25 but what does that extra 75 cents get you in terms of buying power? Nothing meaningful.

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps