Why pay $499 for checkerboard 4K when you can pay $399?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I'm just trying to figure out where this is going. the X1X is more expensive and more powerful than the PS4 Pro. the original X1 wasn't a good value, and suffered because of it

because you pointed out that xbox1x cost more than the Ps4 Pro because its more powerful.

I pointed out that, that the PS4 was cheaper (or even same price, either way you want to argue it) and more powerful than the xbox 1, so your original argument doesnt mean much. Just microsoft being dumb. Thats all.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
:laff: Nothing like a signature Winb analogy to seal the deal.
:jbhmm: No, it doesn't seal the deal.

I've listened to some very knowledgeable PC people who command respect within their tech circles and I remember them telling me that there is a marginal difference between 1440p and 4k, so, this whole thing is really a non-issue considering @winb83 analogy parallels the need to achieve 4k with people starving.:aicmon:

It's luxury, and that same PC guy, back in 2015, had the money to spend and DID spend upwards of $1.5K on a rig that was a 4k PC but wasn't yet able to run EVERY GAME natively 4k with a consistent 60 fps. The nikka literally had a 4k tv and a bunch of 1440 monitors - he had first hand knowledge of the minimal jump between the two.

I know y'all wouldn't have challenged a nikka like that on some, "you're not actually a 4k pc because you can't run every game 4k at 60fps!!" So the fact that the XIX IS capable of running 4k natively with not every game and the fps varies - how can y'all come out of your mouth saying the XIX isn't a 4k system?:dahell:

Not only that, the "extra power" - from the GPU upgrade to the Freesync 2 to the ability to play multiplats at a better overall performance - must give some validity to an, at most, $100 premium to all other consoles in most of our opinions, right? I'm confused as to some of the talking points of @itsyoung!! And @Rekkapryde , no disrespect.

I mean, the XIX is arguably more future proof than any other console in the market.

At the end of the day, when choosing to be a console gamer, y'all have to admit getting into PC gaming is a headache - period.

Some people want to go through that headache and most console gamers don't. So the thousands they would have spent on new gpus and choosing between I-5 or $100 dollars more on i7s, they'll have that budget to fund the most appropriate console experience whether they are going for luxury or just being economical.

Both systems ARE 4k capable systems and there is validation in spending an additional $100 for the more expensive one.

After all, even my PC breh constantly gloats, "I copped the i7 instead of the i5 back in 2015 and I'm still happy I spent the additional $100!"

I don't know really what the fukk it means but it seems to not bother him. :heh:

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
because you pointed out that xbox1x cost more than the Ps4 Pro because its more powerful.

I pointed out that, that the PS4 was cheaper (or even same price, either way you want to argue it) and more powerful than the xbox 1, so your original argument doesnt mean much. Just microsoft being dumb. Thats all.
it is more powerful, and it is more expensive. how is that an "argument"?

this thread is like asking why would someone pay $500 for a gtx 1080, when they could get a gtx 1070 for $400

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:jbhmm: No, it doesn't seal the deal.

I've listened to some very knowledgeable PC people who command respect within their tech circles and I remember them telling me that there is a marginal difference between 1440p and 4k, so, this whole thing is really a non-issue considering @winb83 analogy parallels the need to achieve 4k with people starving.:aicmon:

It's luxury, and that same PC guy, back in 2015, had the money to spend and DID spend upwards of $1.5K on a rig that was a 4k PC but wasn't yet able to run EVERY GAME natively 4k with a consistent 60 fps. The nikka literally had a 4k tv and a bunch of 1440 monitors - he had first hand knowledge of the minimal jump between the two.

I know y'all wouldn't have challenged a nikka like that on some, "you're not actually a 4k pc because you can't run every game 4k at 60fps!!" So the fact that the XIX IS capable of running 4k natively with not every game and the fps varies - how can y'all come out of your mouth saying the XIX isn't a 4k system?:dahell:

Not only that, the "extra power" - from the GPU upgrade to the Freesync 2 to the ability to play multiplats at a better overall performance - must give some validity to an, at most, $100 premium to all other consoles in most of our opinions, right? I'm confused as to some of the talking points of @itsyoung!! And @Rekkapryde , no disrespect.

I mean, the XIX is arguably more future proof than any other console in the market.

At the end of the day, when choosing to be a console gamer, y'all have to admit getting into PC gaming is a headache - period.

Some people want to go through that headache and most console gamers don't. So the thousands they would have spent on new gpus and choosing between I-5 or $100 dollars more on i7s, they'll have that budget to fund the most appropriate console experience whether they are going for luxury or just being economical.

Both systems ARE 4k capable systems and there is validation in spending an additional $100 for the more expensive one.

After all, even my PC breh constantly gloats, "I copped the i7 instead of the i5 back in 2015 and I'm still happy I spent the additional $100!"

I don't know really what the fukk it means but it seems to not bother him. :heh:
Dude, enjoy your X1X. You jumping through hoops trying to confirm what you believe. :pachaha:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
You must be broke if you gotta ask :troll:

Anybody that ask aint no Big Baller Brand

LaVar-Ball.jpg

Martha

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
All the coli PC brehs, saw this a mile away. I have 24 teraflops, but still have trouble in some graphically intensive games at achieving 4K/ultra/60fps. And I spent $2400 on those (not to mention my other components). 6 teraflops is laughable to me (but Console developers are good at optimizing, so maybe it's not all bad :jbhmm:)

In general, you need very expensive tech to get true 4K, ultra, 60fps (I'm talking like my gpus and cpu). It's doable is most games for me (even 5K, like in the witcher 3), but not all (deus ex comes to mind). My shyt costs thousands more than what I'll pay for the X1X when it comes out.

Given this, expect the X1X to not achieve 4K/60fps without rendering checkerboard wizardry.

Everybody is talking about 6 teraflops this and that. I have (literally) 4 times as many teraflops. If I can't achieve 4K/Ultra/60fps with 4 times the power of an X1X, how's the X1X gonna preform? Expect downgrades.
This should be common sense but gamers are so damn gullible they actually believe what these companies tell them

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
Shoulda just make 1080p/60fps for all games the goal and said 4K was gonna be a next gen goal, but noooooooo, they had to come with the lies...

giphy.gif

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Dude, enjoy your X1X. You jumping through hoops trying to confirm what you believe. :pachaha:
Jumping through hoops?

I don't understand.:mjgrin:

What did I say that you didn't agree with?:skip:

It's weird that I think I remember Sony being the company to claim their console was something at competing with PC yet brehs acting like Phil Spencer should be brought up on corruption charges.:what:

My point is both are doing 4k even if it's upscaling. After all, upscaling upscales to the display resolution. Can't upscale to a "fake" 4K, you upscale to 4K. Or nah?

I'm just defending that XIX's 4k, is not fake. Is it wrong to defend that?

Last edited:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
So a couple games are checkerboard in the initial release? That doesn't mean going into the cycle over time developers won't get most games to actual 4K all the time. M$ is already getting it rolling with their first party.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
So a couple games are checkerboard in the initial release? That doesn't mean going into the cycle over time developers won't get most games to actual 4K all the time. M$ is already getting it rolling with their first party.
so in the decades of console history of constant promises that fell
short. future power of the console some how with preset, out dated hard ware -- in 2017 you STILL believe this?

This same console promised 1080p and 60 fps right now on its current xbox 1 and still struggled with that (the entire point of releasing xbox scorpio / xbox 1x)

plus "the power of the cloud"

and you STILL believe what they say :mindblown: