Why pay $499 for checkerboard 4K when you can pay $399?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
All the coli PC brehs, saw this a mile away. I have 24 teraflops, but still have trouble in some graphically intensive games at achieving 4K/ultra/60fps. And I spent $2400 on those (not to mention my other components). 6 teraflops is laughable to me (but Console developers are good at optimizing, so maybe it's not all bad :jbhmm:)

In general, you need very expensive tech to get true 4K, ultra, 60fps (I'm talking like my gpus and cpu). It's doable is most games for me (even 5K, like in the witcher 3), but not all (deus ex comes to mind). My shyt costs thousands more than what I'll pay for the X1X when it comes out.

Given this, expect the X1X to not achieve 4K/60fps without rendering checkerboard wizardry.

Everybody is talking about 6 teraflops this and that. I have (literally) 4 times as many teraflops. If I can't achieve 4K/Ultra/60fps with 4 times the power of an X1X, how's the X1X gonna preform? Expect downgrades.

WELL GOTDAMN FAM!!!!

IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR NATIVE 4K BEING STANDARD ON CONSOLES EVEN NEXT GEN!!!! :to:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I was never expecting 60fps but Phil said this will be real 4K. It should be at least that. I can get this for nothing out of pocket but I'm seriously questioning if I should even bother. I already have a PS4 Pro anyway so I may just redirect that $500 to the 1080ti successor next year.

I still can't believe Phil sat up there and told those bold faced lies with zero fukks given.

xbots ain't gonna like his breh, thy gonna come for you. :to:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Because what was shown on the Anthem reveal took nikkas until this article to know it was checkerboard.

As a nikka who's only now trying to understand the shyt that y'all nikkas claim to be on a knowledgeable pedestal about, the shyt I saw looked amazing and I'm just chasing the best available console performance while I play with my squad...I could give a fukk about checkersboards, checkers or monopolyboard 4k.

Anyone purchasing a console so they can attach a specs reader so they can beat off to should seek unbiased opinion but should also not be on consoles.

Or does it fukk up OPs punchline?

My bad, nikkas cook.:mjlol:

that's the thing, nothing is wrong with checkerboarded 4k, but you saw all the jokes and " :umad: when Scorpio drops with TRUE 4K" according to Phil and MS.

that's the problem.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
becoming standard? hell nah probably next gen

that's what I said fam, NEXT gen meaning PS5 and Xbox 2 :skip:

94ed1b86834bcac3d9aeaadec090a952.jpg

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Because what was shown on the Anthem reveal took nikkas until this article to know it was checkerboard.

As a nikka who's only now trying to understand the shyt that y'all nikkas claim to be on a knowledgeable pedestal about, the shyt I saw looked amazing and I'm just chasing the best available console performance while I play with my squad...I could give a fukk about checkersboards, checkers or monopolyboard 4k.

Anyone purchasing a console so they can attach a specs reader so they can beat off to should seek unbiased opinion but should also not be on consoles.

Or does it fukk up OPs punchline?

My bad, nikkas cook.:mjlol:
They're charging you more for what their competitor is already doing while bashing said competitor for doing it.

This is the equivalent of a bottled water company selling you unfiltered tap water and telling you it's purified crisp clear mountain water enriched with minerals.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
that's the thing, nothing is wrong with checkerboarded 4k, but you saw all the jokes and " :umad: when Scorpio drops with TRUE 4K" according to Phil and MS.

that's the problem.
Breh... So you're admitting that most of these corny threads are filling up the arcadiums front page are to targeting at most 4 loud Xbox nikkas???

How about y'all rambunctious nikkas get group chat or one dedicated thread to keep y'all fued going instead of overtaking the coli.:mjlol:

The rest of the arcadium walks into these threads expecting an actual analysis of some shyt.:gucci:

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
WELL GOTDAMN FAM!!!!

IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR NATIVE 4K BEING STANDARD ON CONSOLES EVEN NEXT GEN!!!! :to:
Yes, I believe so. You pretty much have to take away half of your teraflops when you compare PC games to console ones. That's strictly due to the much, much better optimization on consoles. So, let's pretend I have only 12 teraflops. Sometimes games don't work in sli, with 2 cards, so I've actually experienced it. My one card can play 4K/all ultra/60fps on most games. Once I have both cards working (which some devs not even supporting it at all :beli: ), it's game over for almost every other game and I can play at 5K.

But let's just think about the 12 teraflops my shyt gives me. It's basically the same as a 1080ti. That card costs about $700. I think within the next 3 years, we'll see a 4K/ultra/60fps card that is like $300. So, I think next gen 4k/ultra/60fps will definitely happen.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
They're charging you more for what their competitor is already doing while bashing said competitor for doing it.

This is the equivalent of a bottled water company selling you unfiltered tap water and telling you it's purified crisp clear mountain water enriched with minerals.
I swear no trolling I thought the Scorpio was gonna be doing native on any game that was 4k. The boy Phil said

“I look at [PS4] Pro as more of a competitor to [Xbox One] S than I do to Xbox One X,” claims Spencer. “This is a true 4K console. If you just look at the specs of what this box is, it's in a different league than any other console that's out there.” Spencer points out 40 percent more GPU speed, more RAM, and the speed of storage as the advantages of the Xbox One X over the PS4 Pro, but he also knocks Sony’s methods for getting to 4K resolutions with some of its games. “When I think about techniques to somehow manufacture a 4K screen like what some other consoles try to do, this is different than that.”

:rudy:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
All the coli PC brehs, saw this a mile away. I have 24 teraflops, but still have trouble in some graphically intensive games at achieving 4K/ultra/60fps. And I spent $2400 on those (not to mention my other components). 6 teraflops is laughable to me (but Console developers are good at optimizing, so maybe it's not all bad :jbhmm:)

In general, you need very expensive tech to get true 4K, ultra, 60fps (I'm talking like my gpus and cpu). It's doable is most games for me (even 5K, like in the witcher 3), but not all (deus ex comes to mind). My shyt costs thousands more than what I'll pay for the X1X when it comes out.

Given this, expect the X1X to not achieve 4K/60fps without rendering checkerboard wizardry.

Everybody is talking about 6 teraflops this and that. I have (literally) 4 times as many teraflops. If I can't achieve 4K/Ultra/60fps with 4 times the power of an X1X, how's the X1X gonna preform? Expect downgrades.
Yeah but Microsoft has a super custom build that makes those 6teraflops function more like 600 teraflops. :win:
Plus PC gaming is for virgins and .....:laff:ah forget it I can't even keep a straight face.