Why pay $499 for checkerboard 4K when you can pay $399?

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Uhhh no.

You're doing a lot of caping for Xbox without actually looking before you fly.

This is about Phil Spencer himself lying,once again not a few die hard microsoft stans.

The man is full of shyt.
The idea that any console would magically make every thing that plays on it 4k/60fps was ridiculous, even for most layman who don't follow tech talk.

When Phil said 4k/60fps, how could anyone believe he was speaking about anything but 1st party titles?

Not only that, we've known the specs for months and, as others in this thread have stated, the fact that their powerhouse rigs can't run everything 4k/60fps without serious configurations, why would anybody have thought this nikka Spencer would have pulled a rabbit out of his hat?

I've looked before I talk, Breh.

I am only concerned about 4k because of what Spencer said... It shows he's trying to live up to his promises - Forza 7 showed it by running native 4k/60fps and more importantly, the analysis of Anthem showing that they didn't try to hide behind a Ubisoft okie doke and showed Anthem, with all of the tech flaws they found, indicated that it was being played on an Xbox One X and the chances of a downgrade are slim.

So if he lives up to that promise, then I'm hoping more ips are next... I'm extremely happy no gears or halo was shown. I'm happy about trying to bring PC games over to xix and I'm happy tech demos of games way down the pipeline weren't teased.

Show us what's going to be available this year and next, that's all.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Sidenote, I'm impressed by PS4 PRO also.

With the specs, they were able to deliver a first party title in 4k although only 30fps.

Those promises are about in house titles. If we start seeing the majority of future first party titles running unstable frame rates with native 4k then, yes, the criticism will be warranted for XIX.:manny:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The idea that any console would magically make every thing that plays on it 4k/60fps was ridiculous, even for most layman who don't follow tech talk.

When Phil said 4k/60fps, how could anyone believe he was speaking about anything but 1st party titles?

Not only that, we've known the specs for months and, as others in this thread have stated, the fact that their powerhouse rigs can't run everything 4k/60fps without serious configurations, why would anybody have thought this nikka Spencer would have pulled a rabbit out of his hat?

I am only concerned about 4k because of what Spencer said... It shows he's trying to live up to his promises - Forza 7 showed it by running native 4k/60fps and more importantly, the analysis of Anthem showing that they didn't try to hide behind a Ubisoft okie doke and showed Anthem, with all of the tech flaws they found, indicated that it was being played on an Xbox One X and the chances of a downgrade are slim.

So if he lives up to that promise, then I'm hoping more ips are next... I'm extremely happy no gears or halo was shown. I'm happy about trying to bring PC games over to xix and I'm happy tech demos of games way down the pipeline weren't teased.

You're filling a narrative around his words. He didn't say any of that.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Forza is a racing game. Those are the easiest games to get high performance from a console from by far. Forza 6 is 1080p 60fps on the Xbox One a console that really struggles to hit 1080p with games. It's easier for them to cut the corners they need to cut to get to that target with Forza.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
All the coli PC brehs, saw this a mile away. I have 24 teraflops, but still have trouble in some graphically intensive games at achieving 4K/ultra/60fps. And I spent $2400 on those (not to mention my other components). 6 teraflops is laughable to me (but Console developers are good at optimizing, so maybe it's not all bad :jbhmm:)

In general, you need very expensive tech to get true 4K, ultra, 60fps (I'm talking like my gpus and cpu). It's doable is most games for me (even 5K, like in the witcher 3), but not all (deus ex comes to mind). My shyt costs thousands more than what I'll pay for the X1X when it comes out.

Given this, expect the X1X to not achieve 4K/60fps without rendering checkerboard wizardry.

Everybody is talking about 6 teraflops this and that. I have (literally) 4 times as many teraflops. If I can't achieve 4K/Ultra/60fps with 4 times the power of an X1X, how's the X1X gonna preform? Expect downgrades.
60fps is not even in the discussion. The X is all about the resolution bump to 4K. Pretty much every game playing at 30fps on consoles will still play 30fps. Crackdown 3 is a first party title and still 30fps.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
now these knuckleheads gonna make a thread every time a game is or isn't native 4K :snoop:

in that Giant Bomb interview Phil said they wanted to make a console that can do native 4K. but that he didn't want to mandate anything, and left it up to developers to choose how they would use the power

in my PC I have a 980ti. I can run some games at 4K 60fps. but some games still manage to struggle at 1080p. it's never as simple as saying shyt is "4K ready" or whatever

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
now these knuckleheads gonna make a thread every time a game is or isn't native 4K :snoop:

in that Giant Bomb interview Phil said they wanted to make a console that can do native 4K. but that he didn't want to mandate anything, and left it up to developers to choose how they would use the power

in my PC I have a 980ti. I can run some games at 4K 60fps. but some games still manage to struggle at 1080p. it's never as simple as saying shyt is "4K ready" or whatever
The PS4 Pro can run "some" games at native 4K. Hell the Xbox One can run games at native 1080p. The manufacturer has to guage the market and make a box where the average game can hit native 4K. The first major third party titles here aren't native 4K because the box isn't strong enough to reach that.

Say it's up to the developer on how to use the power, make a console that isn't powerful enough to run the typical AAA game at native 4K then bill your console as a true 4K console while proudly displaying games that you know aren't native 4K as you say nothing about that fact all the while criticizing your direct competitor for running games with trickery 4K.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The PS4 Pro can run "some" games at native 4K. Hell the Xbox One can run games at native 1080p. The manufacturer has to guage the market and make a box where the average game can hit native 4K. The first major third party titles here aren't native 4K because the box isn't strong enough to reach that.

Say it's up to the developer on how to use the power, make a console that isn't powerful enough to run the typical AAA game at native 4K then bill your console as a true 4K console while proudly displaying games that you know aren't native 4K as you say nothing about that fact all the while criticizing your direct competitor for running games with trickery 4K.
I don't think we have enough data to judge if it can run the typical/average game at native 4K

teacher

All Star
Daps
They lied to us. Phil said this is supposed to be real 4K and the Pro competes with the One S.

Anthem their star of the keynote was checkerboard 4K.

www.eurogamer.net/amp/digitalfoundry-2017-anthem-the-real-deal-for-xbox-one

Those 6 teraflops apparently aren't enough to get you to native 4K on graphically intense games after all.

I didn't read the entire thread so this may have been mentioned but for the UHD blu ray player and it is still more powerful, that's why you pay the $100 more...like really? terrible thread.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Assassin's Creed isn't a typical AAA game? Destiny 2 isn't? Anthem isn't?
You're filling a narrative around his words. He didn't say any of that.
No disrespect, but isn't that what we all are doing?

I mean, did Phil Spencer say verbatim "every game Native 4k and 60fps?"

I actually rewatched the conference and even the Anthem portion was introduced and narrated by the third party, not Phil Spencer.

Also, considering the amazing g achievement by the Pro to play Horizon Dawn at such high resolution, it was checkerboard 4k, right?

The 1st party titles shown by Msft were native 4k.

I'm not being facetious, I really mean correct me if I'm wrong. I've developed an interest in this shyt now. (For debate purposes)

My thoughts are Phil wants his 1st party games to have a system available where native 4k will be standard. Have we seen that promise broken already?

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I didn't read the entire thread so this may have been mentioned but for the UHD blu ray player and it is still more powerful, that's why you pay the $100 more...like really? terrible thread.
yep, shyt's more powerful and it costs more. I don't know how dudes let all this 4K hoo-ha distract them from that simple point

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
yep, shyt's more powerful and it costs more. I don't know how dudes let all this 4K hoo-ha distract them from that simple point

we knew this going in though. the question is whether it's worth it especially if the extra power won't be taken advantage of or if it's at least gonna be noticeable enough over the ps pro