Why pay $499 for checkerboard 4K when you can pay $399?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
M$ is already getting it rolling with their first party.
giphy.gif

oprah_laughing_animated_gif.gif

1481.gif

giphy.gif

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
so in the decades of console history of constant promises that fell
short. future power of the console some how with preset, out dated hard ware -- in 2017 you STILL believe this?

This same console promised 1080p and 60 fps right now on its current xbox 1 and still struggled with that (the entire point of releasing xbox scorpio / xbox 1x)

plus "the power of the cloud"

and you STILL believe what they say :mindblown:
It's the same deal when the Pro dropped, they over promised some things but people were impressed by the quality achieved.

I think Full 4K 30 fps/unlocked is doable going into the future on the One X. Of course 4K 60 fps is not gonna happen for every title but that's not what I'm arguing.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So a couple games are checkerboard in the initial release? That doesn't mean going into the cycle over time developers won't get most games to actual 4K all the time. M$ is already getting it rolling with their first party.
This was valid when consoles weren't x86 and you could develop tricks to squeeze more performance out of them which were discovered over time.

The fact of the matter is we're 1-2 generations away from PC graphics cards being able to do 4K 60fps fairly consistently in games. With in the next year to two that should happen. Because many console gamers are cheap they don't wanna pay what that tech is worth so maybe 3+ years from a console being able to mostly consistently hit 4K.

Maybe the next cycle of consoles will be actual 4K consoles but these current ones that claim to be really aren't unless games get dumbed down. Right now the tech simply isn't there.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
This was valid when consoles weren't x86 and you could develop tricks to squeeze more performance out of them which were discovered over time.

The fact of the matter is we're 1-2 generations away from PC graphics cards being able to do 4K 60fps fairly consistently in games. With in the next year to two that should happen. Because many console gamers are cheap they don't wanna pay what that tech is worth so maybe 3+ years from a console being able to mostly consistently hit 4K.

Maybe the next cycle of consoles will be actual 4K consoles but these current ones that claim to be really aren't unless games get dumbed down. Right now the tech simply isn't there.

The bolded.

I was confused by all of the techie brehs who started"I'm disappointed by Phil, he's a fraud; I thought he was going to give us a console that played EVERYTHING in 4k."

How could they have thought that?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The bolded.

I was confused by all of the techie brehs who started"I'm disappointed by Phil, he's a fraud; I thought he was going to give us a console that played EVERYTHING in 4k."

Is it unfair to judge a device as it's marketed? If the creators say it does X then you should judge it by how it does X. The whole premise is this is a "real 4K" console. The reality is it's not for demanding games. When these guys who do PR for companies lie like this they should be called out.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The bolded.

Well, Phil couldn't wait to say this during E3:
Phil Spencer said:
I look at [PS4] Pro as more of a competitor to [Xbox One] S than I do to Xbox One X,” claims Spencer. “This is a true 4K console. If you just look at the specs of what this box is, it's in a different league than any other console that's out there.” Spencer points out 40 percent more GPU speed, more RAM, and the speed of storage as the advantages of the Xbox One X over the PS4 Pro, but he also knocks Sony’s methods for getting to 4K resolutions with some of its games. “When I think about techniques to somehow manufacture a 4K screen like what some other consoles try to do, this is different than that.

I mean, that's just erring on the side of hypocrisy. He doesn't have to say "all games will be native 4K" nor does he have to say the aforementioned. His console does what "other consoles try to do" so it's disingenuous a bit to suggest the X1X is so far more powerful that it's not needed.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Is it unfair to judge a device as it's marketed? If the creators say it does X then you should judge it by how it does X. The whole premise is this is a "real 4K" console. The reality is it's not for demanding games. When these guys who do PR for companies lie like this they should be called out.
Breh, is a 4k machine something that has 4k capability or one that WILL play 4k native with every single game?

Sidenote, based on what I said here:
.It's luxury, and that same PC guy, back in 2015, had the money to spend and DID spend upwards of $1.5K on a rig that was a 4k PC but wasn't yet able to run EVERY GAME natively 4k with a consistent 60 fps. The nikka literally had a 4k tv and a bunch of 1440 monitors - he had first hand knowledge of the minimal jump between the two.

I know y'all wouldn't have challenged a nikka like that on some, "you're not actually a 4k pc because you can't run every game 4k at 60fps!!" So the fact that the XIX IS capable of running 4k natively with not every game and the fps varies - how can y'all come out of your mouth saying the XIX isn't a 4k system?:dahell:
Thoughts?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nobody EVER claimed any console was gonna be playing most games at 60fps

Except for this guy

kIZqnGV.png

Talking about OG PS4 :mjlol:

Sony stans got nothing to say about that though:shaq2:

In reality what was said about X1X was that it will play 1080p and 900p X1 games at 4K. Microsoft has already done it with first party games. We have yet to see how 3rd party will do.

Dumb ass thread, built on a dumb ass premise, with a bunch of dumb ass responses in here.

Would expect nothing less from the Arcadium :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Well, Phil couldn't wait to say this during E3:

I mean, that's just erring on the side of hypocrisy. He doesn't have to say "all games will be native 4K" nor does he have to say the aforementioned. His console does what "other consoles try to do" so it's disingenuous a bit to suggest the X1X is so far more powerful that it's not needed.
It's not needed for first party games. The ones he has control over.

The rest is up to devs, he can't dictate what they do.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
4f2c3d0e-afa9-42f1-9c22-4444209cd70b.jpg

Wonders why we never got a thread from you clowns "calling out" Sony :ohhh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nobody EVER claimed any console was gonna be playing most games at 60fps

Except for this guy

kIZqnGV.png

Talking about OG PS4 :mjlol:

Sony stans got nothing to say about that though:shaq2:

In reality what was said about X1X was that it will play 1080p and 900p X1 games at 4K. Microsoft has already done it with first party games. We have yet to see how 3rd party will do.

Dumb ass thread, built on a dumb ass premise, with a bunch of dumb ass responses in here.

Would expect nothing less from the Arcadium :wow:
:pachaha:

Again, that tweet is from a indie dev, not Kazuo Hirai, Shu or Mark Cerny. That guy isn't speaking on behalf of regular AA/AAA games.
Also I think pretty much every indie game is 1080P/60fps on PS4.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Yes
4f2c3d0e-afa9-42f1-9c22-4444209cd70b.jpg

Wonders why we never got a thread from you clowns "calling out" Sony :ohhh:
Yea, I'm not going to be harsh on Sony but this is a good point...

Brehs out here acting like Spencer is the worst human in tech and Sony actually indicated PC as their competitor with respect to the PS4 PRO.