Supporter
Daps
He may have never had a breakout monster track like those you named

thats all that needed to be said :jawalrus:

Because real music is made from real instruments not a drum machine

There's a difference between Raw hiphop and Real music. I enjoy both
'

I totally disagree.

You comparing R&B to hip hop and saying R&B is real music and hip hop isn't and fools are actually dapping that bullshyt

:snoop:

The 808 seperated hip hop from the other shyt yet u say it isn't real music...come on man, that goes back to what i said about that Paid In Full scene.

trayhezy

Rookie
Daps
thats why quik isnt a bigger deal..

it doesnt have shyt to do with music..

i explained how quik got fukked off before...

profile records... a new york based label...was lookin 4 a new eazy/nwa...

like all labels do if somethin is makin noise in one region..n it becomes a hit..scoop up everything from that area...it happen with texas n the swishahouse era...

profile didnt realize what they had..until eazy came knockin at the door...

quik tried to put tweed and playa hamm on at profile..they told quik we already got enough of yall..

eazy was hangin with quik alot..in his ear...this when dre left...eazy knew he fukked up in the first place...kuz quik had his demo n undergrounds in ruthless offices...suge n d.o.c signed quik originally..but they didnt know what to do with artist at that time..

once dre was gone..eazy was tryin to reinvent ruthless.....quik was already to the sound above the law...n dre nem had begun doing..them nikkas was old..quik like 16-17 yrs old

profile passed on the penthouse playaz...eazy signed em..gave quik a couple millions to do the whole album...

the album went gold...profile...upset...wonderin how did they miss em..askin quik..did he know em...he said yea i brought them to u...u had enough of us remember...

they see quik...n eazy on the cover...quik dissin the east coast on the album...

they are hot...eazy then back doors em ..tryin 2 sign quik....they threaten to sue eazy

quik suspended...he couldnt work outside of profile records..he was stuck doin shyt for bullshyt artist...

suge gets his shyt together...

knew quik was hurtin not doin shyt..so he brought em in to do in house shyt ...help out on dogg food and other albums...if u own the dogg food cd..david blake appears randomly in the thank yous..

suge tries to buy quik out..profile didnt budge...safe n sound was suppose to been quik last album under his contract...him n 2nd ii none signed a 3 album deal...2nd ii none...was too active in the streets to even give a fukk anymore..so they got dropped..

suge some how muscled his way into bein the executive producer for safe n sound..he also had quik redo his publishin n credits for his album...u see dante blake all thru the album..

quik is also on the cover with a death row t-shirt on...

eb83ac485f36cb5ef577b17f7f80247e.jpg

if u had the og cover..u would see death row records safe and sound

u watch the safe n sound video..quik is in a murder was the case t-shirt...

u find a bigger photo of this

DJ_Quik-Safe_and_Sound-CSSC_copy__10813_std.jpg

u will see em in a death row murder was the case shirt...

quik suge n g-one hit a huge pay day on this album...he gave g-one the credit for dollaz n sense for the murder was the case sdtrk...n he ate good off the safe n sound release..

profile later shelved quik for 4 yrs...he had no work..

but suge kept em busy...thats why when he was at death row u saw david blake on everything

profile tried to hustle em one last time when clive davis bought out his contract at arista...

quik isnt a bigger deal because he was a victim of label politics...that kept him from workin with the likes of snoop dre etc...

2djuq6s.jpg

pretty sure if u ask diggs bout quik...he would tell u str8 up...what it is..

I appreciate this....I remember a few points here from back then but you really connect the dots.:salute:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Tonight is the closest to being the stand out 90's song.

Its funny because it wasnt till 2002 that he finally came out with that stand out hit song with Truth Hurts

alot of people thought that was dre...until she got sued..then it was all on quik..and it was a throw away beat he was suppose to give to mc lyte...but it was truths birthday n he just gave it to her...

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
He just didn't have enough mainstream hits or classic songs
he had em..

he was cut short...bein suspended n shyt..n quik bein hot headed n bipolar..mentally unstable..

when it was time to turn in a album...its like fukk it...

rhythmalism...is quik with his head str8 n he was away from the bullshyt...but his potna got killed by his nephew...n that album for some strange reason didnt turn out emotionally fukked up like the ones that followed...

then mausberg die...balance n option come out he not givin a fukk again...fukk arista n all kind of shyt...

safe n sound was him not givin a fukk nomore..its his only album where he is on some gangsta shyt...n he had just killed a lil boy...he didnt give a fukk then...

thought book of david was gone be right..but the first single...g-shyt(where ppl think he was dissin game)...he shyttin on his sister...then 2-3songs in he ...shyttin on her again...

Daps
Quik is fukking dope

I'm not having people saying he was weak lyrically. I mean yeah he wasn't no Nas on the mic, but he wasn't as uninspiring as Warren G or Lil 1/2 Dead or even Dr. Dre, Quik was at worst a competent lyricist. You can't call him weak unless your standards are insanely high.
A lot of people severely underrate Quiks ability as a lyricist. He's one of the best from the west coast. He and Kurupt are the only two contenders in that category.

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
About that incident, how did he react? I never heard him mention that incident in any interview or on wax.
suicidal.. got his motorcycle...n was gunning it...not givin a fukk..

that didnt work...go back to the neighborhood..act a fool..nothin happen..

that shyt el rey happened...then he chilled

HAWTHORNE : Rapper Named as Driver of Car That Killed Boy, 5

him or too short will ever speak on the kids they have killed..but its out there...