Why isn't DJ Quik a bigger deal

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I would put this in the same category:

Quik most definately knows how to create a certaim feel in his music, I remember when 'Rythym-Al-Ism' was about to come out abd Quik was talking about creating music that had a mood/color attached to it.

Some people get but most won't.

Quik's music really does add so much color sonically. Rhythm-Al-Lism was another classic and another transition sound wise.

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
Has Quick done any R&B work?

Some little known songs;
(For some reason, the video sounds like a speaker has blown at certain times)

Dwayne Wiggins - Strange Fruit (DJ Quik Remix) (2000)

Danny Boy - Steppin' ('95-'96)

Danny Boy - Come When I Call (1994)

R. Kelly Feat. DJ Quik, Mausberg (1999)

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
Quik never evolved out of the westcoast funk sound...I love that sound as a matter of fact.
That's not true at all
:ufdup:

He makes Funk beats, Jazz, Reggae, Disco, R&B, he got Rock n Roll influence tracks

Quik is prolly the only Producer in HipHop that makes every kind of beat besides HipHop
:laugh:

That's probably why he ain't a bigger deal in HipHop he's way too experimental for dudes who like their hiphop "real hiphop"

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
He's crazy and erratic
He gave a lot of good production work to mediocre talents
He doesn't have a ton of crossover hit records
Did I say he's crazy and erratic?
At times his sound is a little too musical for hip-hop heads
That's what it seems like judging by the responses in this thread...

Good production is being crapped on on this thread. Do folks in here just hate that West coast sound? Do they hate baselines and any sort of groove in their hip hop? Quik really is underrated...

:snoop:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Didn't know east coast bias was so strong in 2017 :scust:
Reading through the thread gave me the

:dwillhuh: face .

I agree with you.. All these arguments against Quik come have come down to regional bias. It seems like half these arguments in The Booth come down to regional bias that no one wants to admit too. Alot of Cali hate it seems.

:dame:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
That's not true at all
:ufdup:

He makes Funk beats, Jazz, Reggae, Disco, R&B, he got Rock n Roll influence tracks

Quik is prolly the only Producer in HipHop that makes every kind of beat besides HipHop
:laugh:

That's probably why he ain't a bigger deal in HipHop he's way too experimental for dudes who like their hiphop "real hiphop"

Funny thing is quik didn't heavily rely on funk

U don't hear funkadelic n or George Clinton or Ohio players n shyt on every album like u did with the others

Quik was doing kleer..Dave gruisin. .Betty Wright. ..blowfly. .

U look at 100% of his production. ..30% of it consist of funk..

Quik production on some real shyt belongs in Dr offices..elevators. .lounges n shyt

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Reading through the thread gave me the

:dwillhuh: face .

I agree with you.. All these arguments against Quik come have come down to regional bias. It seems like half these arguments in The Booth come down to regional bias that no one wants to admit too. Alot of Cali hate it seems.

:dame:
Funny thing is the source shytted on Quik is the name...

Tim dog dissed compton all in that same yr. ..Quik was vocal bout the east coast. ..mtv raps episode.. ed lover tried his sly comments

Quik is quick witted...he respond just like ed came. ..Dr dre..had to step in Alot to diffuse Alot of shyt said. ..dre saw instantly quik an ass hole jus like ed was..

Way to fonky dropped...next time he did the show interview lasted 3mins

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
suicidal.. got his motorcycle...n was gunning it...not givin a fukk..

that didnt work...go back to the neighborhood..act a fool..nothin happen..

that shyt el rey happened...then he chilled

HAWTHORNE : Rapper Named as Driver of Car That Killed Boy, 5

him or too short will ever speak on the kids they have killed..but its out there...
Had no idea about any of this...

Did he go back to the neighborhood trying to provoke someone into offing him? Was it that type deal?

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Funny thing is quik didn't heavily rely on funk

U don't hear funkadelic n or George Clinton or Ohio players n shyt on every album like u did with the others

Quik was doing kleer..Dave gruisin. .Betty Wright. ..blowfly. .

U look at 100% of his production. ..30% of it consist of funk..

Quik production on some real shyt belongs in Dr offices..elevators. .lounges n shyt

so you're saying Quik makes muzak?

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Funny thing is the source shytted on Quik is the name...

Tim dog dissed compton all in that same yr. ..Quik was vocal bout the east coast. ..mtv raps episode.. ed lover tried his sly comments

Quik is quick witted...he respond just like ed came. ..Dr dre..had to step in Alot to diffuse Alot of shyt said. ..dre saw instantly quik an ass hole jus like ed was..

Way to fonky dropped...next time he did the show interview lasted 3mins
Yeah, Quik was wasn't a joke. Tim Dog was outta line. I bet it wasn't just the music that irked East coast folks either. I bet East coast artist, media, etc just couldn't dig anyone as regional LOOKIN as DJ Quik looked. Quik looked like a West coast mascot, and that probably didn't sit right with the East coast. He didn't sport an East coast hi top fade, he sported a West coast perm. That in and of itself probably pissed alot of East coast folks off(including Tim Dog) who were all tired of Compton getting so much shine over The East coast. East coast hated curls, perms, etc.