Why isn't DJ Quik a bigger deal

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
I was 14 or 15 when rthymalism came out, and when I listened to it that first time, that shyt went completely over my head

I couldn't fully comprehend it...this was 98...I was still deep in the mid 90s g funk...pac dead 2 years...but I was going back and copping records I didn't hear in full when they came out, cuz now I had money since I was working

my ears weren't developed for that album, revisited it when I was 18 and I was blown away

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
Quik is a lot of ways a producer's producer. So even in his heyday, while people fukked with his beats, I know as an East Coaster, we did put a lot of clout into rhyming, and Quik wasn't the best out as a lyricist in comparison to some of his peers. That being said his rhyming had improved a lot by Rythmalism.

Quiks rapping hit his peak on Safe and Sound, not just lyrically, but flow, cadence etc

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@smokeurobinson and @SirBiatch, you both need to sit this thread out, we know you don't like DJ Quik

u don't know shyt.

:camby:

Where did u come up with such a wrong conclusion? oh its because i'm not sucking Quiks dikk but actually telling it like it is.:rudy: OP asked questions and most who came in hear avoided the question to suck Quiks dikk.....dont point fingers because i'm staying on topic.

Palm Tree's & Blunts

Big timah timah
Daps
This is nonsense...I already stated that Down South fukked with Quik...meaning N Carolina and Virginia....Thats east coast.

How the hell could we not accept how Quik looked when we accepted NWA?? Quik looked exactly like someone from NWA.

Also u spitting all type of wrong info....NYC fukked with NWA....we also fukked with Digital Underground and Hammer when it was cool to do so. Cube was that dude out here.

We didnt fukk with anything WACK...and Quik was mediocre on the mic so he didnt stand out

Compton was not getting no overshine like that...Tim Dogs beef was personal because he felt Eazy E snubbed him at The Apollo. Thats all. And NYC didnt flock behind Tim Dog like that to hate on LA. A few heads sucked it up but it wasnt a universal thing.

That diss tim dog did was fukking wack. tbh.

Deucage

"Who's the best: Pac, Nas and Big?"
Daps
Reppin
Th...th...th..th...th...The Coli.com
When the beat to Heartz of Men dropped
giphy.gif

The track he did with Suga Free on Book of David

:wow:

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
u don't know shyt.

:camby:

Where did u come up with such a wrong conclusion? oh its because i'm not sucking Quiks dikk but actually telling it like it is.:rudy: OP asked questions and most who came in hear avoided the question to suck Quiks dikk.....dont point fingers because i'm staying on topic.

Go fukk yourself, jumping into threads just to talk shyt, if I dont like someone, guess what, I dont say anything

I guess your mama never taught you shyt you punk bytch

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Go fukk yourself, jumping into threads just to talk shyt, if I dont like someone, guess what, I dont say anything

I guess your mama never taught you shyt you punk bytch

LOL....whenever someone goes off topic to talk about the person they disagree with....it means feelings were caught. Stay on topic and focus on Ops question about Quik.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That diss tim dog did was fukking wack. tbh.

lyrically it was mostly shock becuase no one had dissed NWA like that...But come on homie...that beat was sick.

That beat has aged wonderfully.

Quiks response was also weak. Lets be honest...he shytted on The Bronx on Way 2 Fonky but then backtracked when he was on Yo MTV when he switched up the words to Jus Lyke Compton and said The 5 boroughs including The Bronx was Jus Lyke Compton....why wasn't he talking that I'm a Bronx Killa shyt like he was when he was in NYC??

The fact that no one from The bronx even responded to Quik further proves that no one over here took him serious on such a level....Quik shytting on The Bronx went under the radar and no one cared. Yet Dre and Quik cared enough to respond to Tim Dog.

It took Dre and Snoop to properly spank Tim Dog.

Palm Tree's & Blunts

Big timah timah
Daps
lyrically it was mostly shock becuase no one had dissed NWA like that...But come on homie...that beat was sick.

That beat has aged wonderfully.

Quiks response was also weak. Lets be honest...he shytted on The Bronx on Way 2 Fonky but then backtracked when he was on Yo MTV when he switched up the words to Jus Lyke Compton and said The 5 boroughs including The Bronx was Jus Lyke Compton....why wasn't he talking that I'm a Bronx Killa shyt like he was when he was in NYC??

The fact that no one from The bronx even responded to Quik further proves that no one took him serious on such a level....Quik shytting on The Bronx went under the radar and no one cared. Yet Dre and Quik cared enough to respond to Tim Dog.

It took Dre and Snoop to properly spank Tim Dog.

That shyt hasn't aged good breh stop it :mjlol:

I actually agree I think it's corny to diss an entire city, because you got beef with someone.

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
LOL....whenever someone goes off topic to talk about the person they disagree with....it means feelings were caught. Stay on topic and focus on Ops question about Quik.

Feelings were caught? You sound like a 12 year old white girl. No grown man says that you punk bytch.

You've replied more in this thread than anyone else, just shows you dont have a real life outside of being miserable on the internet

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That shyt hasn't aged good breh stop it :mjlol:

I actually agree I think it's corny to diss an entire city, because you got beef with someone.

Are u kidding me.....I was listening to that shyt like a few months ago.....That sinister sound.:whew:

Wait which song u talking about "fukk Compton" or "Step To Me"???...."Step To me" is the one where he dissed Quik. He doesnt mention Quik on "Fukk Compton." I'll agree that "Step To me" does sound dated but "fukk Compton" is still sick.

I remember being a kid and wondering if this was real....did they really beat Quiks ass and record it...LOL

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm talking about fukk Compton .

My Nikka....:usure:

That beat sounds like something 100 Miles and Running NWA would have rhymed over.

But to each is own.....Tim Dog never properly responded to Quik or Dre so he fell into irrelevance..I mean he did respond but no one cared.

*cranks up "fukk Compton" on the computer speakers for the memories*

:dj2: