Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
This one of Quik's hardest beats imo

:ohlawd:

I would love to hear the polished version

But bungalow was caught up n cashing in on his death. .the rushed the album

Quik prolly got a whole album worth maus songs that's collecting dust

nikka even c went of pocket n put em in a mausoleum. .

Daps
I gave the overall gist of why Quik career is the way it is...

I'm fan but I kno that muhfukkas ain't wrapped too tight

N prolly out of all the legendary west rappers...he might be the only 1.that has caught more than one body...that's y he never spoke slaying...on wax...out of all the names monster kody n other legendary street nikkas out west ....speAK on Quik is always either the 3rd or 5th name....because fukked he is...n how his sisters treated him like cinderfella

Might? lol He talks on both G-shyt and "Til Jesus Comes" that he opened fire on nikkas who tried to step to him, but from what he describes on those records, it sounded like a self defense type situation. Then there's the little 5 year old boy he accidentally hit and killed, and then the rollin 6-s dude who was killed at that death row party. Dude has a few bodies on him. More than one, but likely less than 5. Whether ya'll believe in the metaphysical or not, your shyt always catches up with you, and Quiks karmic debts have been coming full circle for the last 25+ years.You can't tell me his constant strings of bad luck, deaths, and poor misfortune wasn't no higher level, universal law type shyt.

And about the whole rollin 60's dude getting stomped to death, what's the real truth behind that incident? Every source I read always says something different.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Might? lol He talks on both G-shyt and "Til Jesus Comes" that he opened fire on nikkas who tried to step to him, but from what he describes on those records, it sounded like a self defense type situation. Then there's the little 5 year old boy he accidentally hit and killed, and then the rollin 6-s dude who was killed at that death row party. Dude has a few bodies on him. More than one, but likely less than 5. Whether ya'll believe in the metaphysical or not, your shyt always catches up with you, and Quiks karmic debts have been coming full circle for the last 25+ years.You can't tell me his constant strings of bad luck, deaths, and poor misfortune wasn't no higher level, universal law type shyt.

And about the whole rollin 60's dude getting stomped to death, what's the real truth behind that incident? Every source I read always says something different.
The El rey incident...shyt happen...n it just became Halloween havoc... crips bloods goin at it..n jelly got stomped

All it took was quik to confront the nikka on that eiht shir...swing that was that...

I said might..because ..none of Quik's earlier albums belong in gangsta rap..but he gets the label kuz of compton..

He downplayed the set...up until way to fonky...n brought the letterman out..

..hi c low key did it with the pirates hat ...in a couple videos...

Hell quik had on navy most of the time during debut. ..the streets let it he known he just fukk it...

Eiht...I kno this nikka ain't pull no capers. ..the nikka best freind is a blood from rInglewood. .both were back n forth to each other's hood all the time..prior 2 death wish ii..

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
He produced my favorite beat off The Black album, Justify My Thug. Quik was a genius for that beat. I don't see how people hate on it. That beat had that Scarface theme/score feel to it. Jigga was just spitting on that motherfukker too. :wow:

Sithlord Piff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
Quik never evolved out of the westcoast funk sound...I love that sound as a matter of fact...but I think that stagnated him once people started wanted something different (Organized Noise, Timbo, Pharrell ect)

Daps
Quik never evolved out of the westcoast funk sound...I love that sound as a matter of fact...but I think that stagnated him once people started wanted something different (Organized Noise, Timbo, Pharrell ect)

Agreed. And hell yeah people wanted something different. VA shook the scene with a whole new sound, shyt that was real left field, and pushed the west coast even further under the mat.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
One of my fave Quik tracks(perhaps my fave):

Awesome how a Piru gfunk rapper from Compton was able to transition production-wise into a jazz sound. Amazing....

:wow:

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
One of my fave Quik tracks(perhaps my fave):

Awesome how a Piru gfunk rapper from Compton was able to transition production-wise into a jazz sound. Amazing....

:wow:

I would put this in the same category:

Quik most definately knows how to create a certaim feel in his music, I remember when 'Rythym-Al-Ism' was about to come out abd Quik was talking about creating music that had a mood/color attached to it.

Some people get but most won't.