Why isn't DJ Quik a bigger deal

Daps
Word.
:mjlol:

You quoted me specifically saying 90's lyrics and u posted something from 2002.

LOL

I dont blame u....I'd jump to the 2000's too....them 90's lyrics were so so on Quiks end.

Yes, i know this, which is why i specifically said 2002. You said he was mediocre on the mic, i showed you with 50 Wayz which was Source quotable, that he wasn't mediocre on the mic. So in thinking you making me look dumb you are actually agreeing with me.

Daps
Now shyt if I misunderstood you and u said Quik wasn't that lyrical at first and then evolved and ended up making Source Mag quotable then that's on me. I ain't got no problem admitting a mistake.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
he looked like a woman...he kicked em his ass..and thats why he jumped around..

everlast was scared of the fade..

danny boy..said awhile back...he dont know why everlast even mention quik..he liked em..everybody loves black p*ssy..

ice t b-real and couple other cats had to tell them nikkas to chill on quik..u dont want them problems...yall from l.a. but them compton nikkas will get in your ass...

YOU MAKE ME SICK! LIKE STRAWBERRY QUICK! GET OFF THE dikk!!

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
@Big Mel

you bump quick?

Love Quik.

Bought his first album when it came out and wore it out. Loved Jus Lyke Compton then bought Way 2 Fonkay and thought it was trash causing me to not so much as glance at a Quik album again until a friend of mine who worked at Arista slid me a promo copy of Rhyma-a-lism for free. Was a bit too Cali for me at the time but then I moved to LA and started to see the wave rather clearly. Bought up all his albums I'd missed and played the hell out of them.

Been blind copping Quik albums since Blaqkout with Kurupt and will continue to do so. Book Of David was one of the best albums of its year. Maybe even of his career low key.

Last edited:

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Me. My bad i aint know u was a Quik fan, that's whats good. I felt like u was trying to support smokeurobinson tryna slander Q. I was in the wrong

Oh nah nah. All good. Quik is one of the guys that I legit do full discog retrospectives on every few years. Like I study his stuff at times.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
I got put on to DJ Quik by a Latino counselor when I was at summer camp when I was like 9

Last edited:
Daps
Oh nah nah. All good. Quik is one of the guys that I legit do full discog retrospectives on every few years. Like I study his stuff at times.

Good shyt Mel. See that was my bias thinking u was biased. Appreciate what you do for this board. One.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Quik wasn't talking that eating p8ssy shyt like that first tho....that was AMG's whole schtick....AMG eating p*ssy all over that 1st album, he was the one telling us thats how u get a girl open...... then all of a sudden 2nd album Quik is now eating p*ssy?? :martin:
Shiiid..

all them nikkas were on it..even ashy ass k.k..

amg first album...like quik and 2nd ii none...were all shyt from the mixtapes quik was puttin out...

quik is the name...was a mixtape...that got watered down for profile... nikkas missed out on the 89-90s tapes quik and hi-c were putting out...

u can still find hi-c and some of the old quik shyt online look for the roadiums classics..its a ese on facebook who damn near got all of dre's mixes...the mixes steve useta put out...

the real gems..are the 60mins and 90min red tapes quik was dropping..

amg got the best deal out of all of em..he got to put everything out like it was..due to him bein independent and being elektra was the puttin the album out...bytch wasnt even censored...either...so he got to be him...nikka had 304..a broad unzippin his pants.. bytch big as day on the cover... bytch is censored here..2017....1991...amg didnt have to worry bout shyt

he blew all his money on coke..but thats a different story

the red tape the 1 been floatin around..for yrs is only the b side of the tape

that had quiks original verse that was the intro for 2nd ii nones debut that ended becomin his 1st verse for way 2 fonky.... an alternate verse for underground terror...

the end of chocolate lover which was a ode to dark skin broads..and they was eatin p*ssy on that

i remember a verse from one of those tapes word 4 word til this day because i fall out laughin everytime i see a pic of quik...

"figaro..im a giggalo im fukkin grannies aunties and sisters, it was vertical joyride until i saw stacy lattisaw rydin that nikka quik lip whiskers"

dj-quik-e1451508091121-1167x461.jpg

the rumor way back then started from that line...don cornelius even ended up askin both of em about each other

u didnt hear quik speak on eatin p*ssy...yet because he had to see what all he could get away with on the first album

amg had freedom like a muhfukka...

then once u seen louie " i wanna fukk drew barrymore" in the credits...he got to let em hang like in the underground

Last edited: