Why isn't DJ Quik a bigger deal

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Breh you don't speak for the entire 90's :mjlol:

Just because you didn't find it memorable doesn't mean shyt. I hate when people talk like this.

and yet u nor anyone else still haven't posted any of these memorable lyrics...Go figure :usure:

nah it proves that we are 2 different people and somehow have 2 separate opinions on something :whoo:

You didnt prove anything tho...u quoted me and made a claim when I challenged your claim u said some bullshyt which ducked the challenge to prove your claim.

You never proved your point...why quote me if u gonna avoid proving ya point??...U shoulda either posted lyrics or not have quoted me...posting no lyrics proves my point. U have yet to prove ya point which u started by quoting me.

Palm Tree's & Blunts

Big timah timah
Daps
and yet u still haven't posted any of these memorable lyrics...Go figure :usure:

You didnt prove anything tho...u quoted me and made a claim when I challenged your claim u said some bullshyt.

You never proved your point...why quote me if u gonna avoid proving ya point??...U shoulda either posted lyrics or not have quoted me...posting no lyrics proves my point. U have yet to prove ya point which u started by quoting me.

I can post memorable lyrics to me, but my opinion doesn't speak for entire world. Your trying to speak for everyone..what don't you get about that :heh:.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
he looked like a woman...he kicked em his ass..and thats why he jumped around..

everlast was scared of the fade..

danny boy..said awhile back...he dont know why everlast even mention quik..he liked em..everybody loves black p*ssy..

ice t b-real and couple other cats had to tell them nikkas to chill on quik..u dont want them problems...yall from l.a. but them compton nikkas will get in your ass...

Who looked like a woman Quik?

Daps
Quik isn't a bigger deal for reasons people have already listed

1-Label fukkery
2-Gang banging
3-Death Row collapse/Post 96 West coast freeze out
4-Not the greatest supporting staff of talent
5-No standout mainstream monster hits
6-Heavy west coast funk sound

Yup, and one of the realer reasons: while dude was held back by his label profile or whatnot, lets just be honest and admit that a lot of the reason he never blew up was due to his own fukk ups, and really bad decision making; business and otherwise. Also a lot of the people he had around him were nothing but opportunist and snakes, who didn't have his best interest at heart. It also doesn't help that he enabled a lot of these people to screw him over left and right.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I can post memorable lyrics to me, but my opinion doesn't speak for entire world. Your trying to speak for everyone..what don't you get about that :heh:.

:snoop:

I didnt ask u to post lyrics that are memorable to you......I asked dude to post A1 lyrics since he challenged me by saying Quik isn't mediocre on the mic.

Posting A1 lyrics and lyrics that are memorable to u are 2 different things..

Thats u ducking because A1 lyrics cant be disputed....and Quik didnt have A1 lyrics.:umad:

Palm Tree's & Blunts

Big timah timah
Daps
:snoop:

I didnt ask u to post lyrics that are memorable to you......I asked dude to post A1 lyrics since he challenged me by saying Quik isn't mediocre on the mic.

Posting A1 lyrics and lyrics that are memorable to u are 2 different things..

Thats u ducking because A1 lyrics cant be disputed....and Quik didnt have A1 lyrics.

I'm not ducking :mjlol:.. I agreed with you in my first post saying his production made up for it.
Also no one held him to that standard of being a top lyricst :why:

When I listen to quik i'm not expecting some Ras kass type shyt.

That's not his style.

Dame Dash's Motor Oil

Not From Harlem
Daps
Them Rza joints u posted ain't real music its what old folks call "noise"
:mjlol:

Let's say there's a cookout with a bunch of 80 year old grandmas grooving to music. If you throw that Toni Tony Toni joint in the mix they probably wouldn't trip at all. But if u start bumping them Rza joints they would prolly say "turn that sh!t off" lol

But that's the beauty of hiphop. Producers like Bomb Squad and Rza can turn noise into art

Don't get me wrong Rza, Preemo and Quik are in my top 5

But back to you asking what's Quik's stand out beat?

Quik wasn't a "Boombap" beat maker so he might not have a song that stands out to a "HipHop head"

Quik gets props because he was a real music producer in the 90's back when it was rare in HipHop

Now you have Pharrell, Timbaland etc
Fantastic analogy. I'll go a bit further, not only they wouldn't mind, they would be like this
IrkPBn9Fu3mw.jpg

It's damn near impossible not to dance to that joint
Quik is a genius
Damn I miss the 90s :to:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
:mjlol:

You quoted me specifically saying 90's lyrics and u posted something from 2002.

LOL

I dont blame u....I'd jump to the 2000's too....them 90's lyrics were so so on Quiks end.
Come on homie....u reaching. Quik was always mediocre on the mic in the 90's.

since everyone ducking I'll post some lyrics

Now if you got friends, they can come to
But if they ain't playin safe hoe you're through
Because my _Lifestyle_'s like a _Trojan_
I'm never DRY but I'm LUBRICATED, and the suckers hate it

Because they know, they don't stand a shot, at gettin that cot
They just don't know what makes you hot

:francis:
hey nikka i had a jheri curl in 92...n it was these broads my uncles useta bring around on fridays...get they ass some
th
and a pack of
th

soon as that verse come in... them redbone hoes proceeded to molest me everytime..i didnt give a shyt...

i really did learn way back when i was young ..u can get a girl sprung if u licked the pearl tongue...and with that knowledge nikka...:shaq:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm not ducking :mjlol:.. I agreed with you in my first post saying his production made up for it.
Also no one held him to that standard of being a top lyricst :why:

well in post #221 @Pinyapplesuckas said he wasn't mediocre on the mic yet hear u are saying no one held him to some standard of being a top lyricist so now I'm confused....are ya'll agreeing that he's mediocre on the mic or not because thats what u quoted me saying from jump.

:patrice:

Daps
So spit some memorable 90's lyrics then..Go head....Lets hear some of thse A1 lyrics.

And dont spit none of that homo shyt from Dollarz N Sense....spit some lyrics that will blow my mind from Quik....I need a good laugh

When Star was doing the reality Check columns in Source mag he said specifically what everyone was already thinking.

Eiht and Quik should dead they're beef because no one cares for their rhymes anyway...

But u say different so spit some of those A1 lyrics. I'm preparing to laugh at your reach as we speak :mjlol:

Not from the 90's, but dope lyrics nonetheless-

I'm not ya one hit wonder
And when you see me on the streets in a black jeep
Know I got the heat up under
Not up under the seat, up under my cheek
Like so close to me that when I move it squeaks
I ain't no big buff dude I'm a rap singer
I exercise one muscle that's my strap finger

"
And don't be going for that shyt "I got a sore throat" (yeah)
Give that bytch a couple of Sucrets (mmm hmm)
Or give that that ho that application down on Vernon to that duplex (see ya)"- shyt is cold game right here! Especially when you see all these dudes out here gettin set up by these bytches.

Dollarz and Sense in it's entirety.

And this underrated gem. Quik with Eazy, and Penthouse Players Clique
Fast foward all the way to Quiks verse with him dissing the east coast-

Palm Tree's & Blunts

Big timah timah
Daps
well in post #221 @Pinyapplesuckas said he wasn't mediocre on the mic yet hear u are saying no one held him to some standard of being a top lyricist so now I'm confused....are ya'll agreeing that he's mediocre on the mic or not because thats what u quoted me saying from jump.

:patrice:

If were just talking lyrics and that's it...yes it's mediocre, but he makes up for it in other areas.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i really did learn way back when i was young ..u can get a girl sprung if u licked the pearl tongue...and with that knowledge nikka...:shaq:

Quik wasn't talking that eating p8ssy shyt like that first tho....that was AMG's whole schtick....AMG eating p*ssy all over that 1st album, he was the one telling us thats how u get a girl open...... then all of a sudden 2nd album Quik is now eating p*ssy?? :martin: