Why isn't DJ Quik a bigger deal

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Nice informant breakdown. I assumed he wasn't a big deal was because he released his album's at the wrong time or lack of mentions or co signs.

he came out at the right time...he got mentions

i think all of his albums up to rhythmalism all either 4 or 4.5 mics in the source...

this when he was shyttin on the source n other new york publications

take that back quik is the name got 3 and balance got 3...thats a 3.7 mic avg when the source had credibility . bet at the same time source ranked that album as

Source+March_April+1991+record+report2.jpg

DJ+Quik.jpeg
DJ+Quik.jpeg

Last edited:

Palm Tree's & Blunts

Big timah timah
Daps
bascially...im one of the biggest stans on here...

he is a basket case..he is not all the way there...

for every producer u want to throw thats better...its videos or interviews where they are givin quik props...

shyts its been a video on youtube nikkas have seen the last couple of yrs..with dj pooh...battlecat n more nikkas..with snoop n quik...

quik bringin out cheat sheets..n shyt

battlecat n pooh n 1800 cats all in the same room makin the same ol shyt thats dre been usin...

quik in a whole different studio..with rob bacon n a drummer...creating entirely different shyt...that pretty much shows u quik aint a regional producer...vs the shyt battle cat nem was puttin out...none of the stuff quik was makin sounded like anything today or past

except the part where he the drummer mic'd up...that shyt sounded like he was remakin jackson 5's can u feel it or some shyt

then goes to the same shyt dre been makin...to quik tweekin robs guitar

if anything battlecat is regional

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
if anything battlecat is regional
yeah...

all of battlecat shti sound the same...all of it...even his bangin on wax shyt..

quik can do r&b...fonk...jazz, reggae and rock...quik is a student of one of the greatest engineers in the game..skip saylor...he wasnt just in there using them to engineer his shyt..

he learned from scratch..so he can do it on his own n make the same kind of money

Palm Tree's & Blunts

Big timah timah
Daps
yeah...

all of battlecat shti sound the same...all of it...even his bangin on wax shyt..

quik can do r&b...fonk...jazz, reggae and rock...quik is a student of one of the greatest engineers in the game..skip saylor...he wasnt just in there using them to engineer his shyt..

he learned from scratch..so he can do it on his own n make the same kind of money

Don't get me wrong though I fukk with battlecat, but I get what you're saying.

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Quik far from mediocre breh
if he said warren g, dr dre or eazy e.......then yeah..

but quik can hang with some of the best of em..

when him n dre..were finally put together side by side...

they had the same ghost writer..knocturnal..

u couldnt even tell quiks verse was written by someone else like u did dre..

he rode all over that simple ass dre beat...

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
if he said warren g, dr dre or eazy e.......then yeah..

but quik can hang with some of the best of em..

when him n dre..were finally put together side by side...

they had the same ghost writer..knocturnal..

u couldnt even tell quiks verse was written by someone else like u did dre..

he rode all over that simple ass dre beat...
dont say that about quik breh i dont want to read things like that

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Don't get me wrong though I fukk with battlecat, but I get what you're saying.
i fukk with cat...too

cats greatest shyt was with domino...and this shyt here

i remember when he first made this shyt

him n quik tied number 2 roger's talkbox..

Daps
yeah quik fukked up...the one sister he could rely on..died..his brother never came around....ring leader of his sister klan was always jealous of him...because he was the only one bringin income to the household..due to who his dad was..

sisters wasnt about shyt...mom took what she could up and left went back to louisiana ..left quik there with the drama...hoes ..different rivals in n out the house...

the checks from his pops stop..due to his sister watchin the mail like a hawk..so he had to get in the street...start sellin dope...sisters boyfriends robbin em...kuz they jealous..

dope was hit n miss..so he started djin...him n hi-c...hi-c took the music shyt harder than he did...quik was in n out with dope n music..

until he moved with playa hamm...hamm made that nikka get a real actual job....kuz that nickle n dimin wasnt sittin right with his wife..

quik see the moves hi-c makin at the roadium n shyt..he get back in the mix...never look back..

if u seen the visualism dvd..u will see how fukked up his sisters are...its a part in the dvd..where a fight happens in vegas..

show ended..they headin back to limo...she in his ear sayin its ya fault...ya energy started this..etc...

how a nikka who make sdtrks to cook out..start a full blown fight..n it was his fault..

Yeah when I first saw that shyt i was like "how the fukk did he start that fight, she on that bullshyt?" not surprising isn't that the same sis that tried to kidnap his kids and ended up getting her ass whooped?

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Quik far from mediocre breh

So spit some memorable 90's lyrics then..Go head....Lets hear some of thse A1 lyrics.

And dont spit none of that homo shyt from Dollarz N Sense....spit some lyrics that will blow my mind from Quik....I need a good laugh

When Star was doing the reality Check columns in Source mag he said specifically what everyone was already thinking.

Eiht and Quik should dead they're beef because no one cares for their rhymes anyway...

But u say different so spit some of those A1 lyrics. I'm preparing to laugh at your reach as we speak :mjlol:

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
For the longest time I never knew battle cat and domino was on banging on wax.

Battlecat is the guy on the cover with the shirt that says mr.C-rider
i knew it ..because domino useta come to houston all the time with a gang of crip nikkas....

and the old heads back then useta fukk with him kuz he was from st louis who were known blood country...

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
@shopthatwrecks You just made me pull up Roger's Groove.

bro i would of loved to have got my hands on his mpc n all the dats that were stolen from his sons corvette a couple yrs ago..

he prolly got 4 albums worth of talk box shyt...with prince like beats...