Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
U never seen them at the same place at the same time

I mean how u get mad at Adam n eve for doin somethin u already knew they would

Jus to punish them knowin who was there and everything lol

Tell a 3 yr old don’t eat the cookies

U leave come back

All the cookies gone n u mad lol
Basically breh lol. The big 3 religions are some of the most illogical shyt I ever read heard and seen

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
There's an old metaphysical book from the early or mid 20th century i forget that actually spoke about what you say here. If you ever feel low etc, to remember that God has given life to so many things (everything) and to remove judgement to fully grasp this. From the roach to the elephant. I'm paraphrasing and butchering it but it was a really beautiful passage.
its ok, you know that I know..that that Lord is the Lord of life not of death.

Death was indeed defeated by the cross that Jesus bore :wow:

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
I don't understand what you mean by Life. But I appreciate the effort :russ:

You seem to be looking for a spiritual and metaphysical definition to tie it all together,which takes more searching obviously

Iirc,in science it's more straightforward. An organism that is alive is something that has a respiratory system and can reproduce etc. Life itself is just a bunch of the same chemical elements found in everything. So everything is split in 'living' and 'non living' things i.e the rock that you mentioned.
Yes, exactly!

Correct by scientific definitions, life is easy to prove.

But on a more philosophical/metaphysical sense, Life is not provable by physical observation.

I'll have to think of a way to explain how to say it, but one way to consider it for the time being is this:

"Can you put Life into a wheelbarrow or a jar?"

Not living cells, or cells with Life in them. But Life itself?

I admittedly know very little about science, so I'm probably out of line saying this, but I think Science yields a limited definition of life being "An organism that is alive is something that has a respiratory system and can reproduce etc"

What about volcanoes that are active? There are dormant volcanoes too. So could it be said that some volcanoes are alive while others are not?

Or what about astronomical objects? There are stars that are alive and active (our sun for instance, which we wouldn't be alive if it wasn't). Maybe I'm wrong, but the Sun doesn't have a respiratory system nor does it reproduce. So can it be considered alive?

The scientific definition, to me, is hyper-focused on the human experience in their definition of life. Makes sense, since humans are the one conducting scientific experiments and defining the rules and laws. But that's similar to how many religious leaders and organizations interpret God as some bearded guy in the sky throwing lightning bolts at sinners imo. :yeshrug:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Basically breh lol. The big 3 religions are some of the most illogical shyt I ever read heard and seen
i will never forget when i got to numbers and the talkin donkey showed up

i gave my preachin ass uncle helll fast forward some yrs and when shrek came out ... :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ:

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
God, the Abrahamic God, is the type of motherfukker who'd ride a bike, put a stick in the spokes and blame you for falling as a kid

Jews operate on the same wavelength :ld:

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
i will never forget when i got to numbers and the talkin donkey showed up

i gave my preachin ass uncle helll fast forward some yrs and when shrek came out ... :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ:
You a legend for that. I'm still tripping on how negroes think it's cool for jesus to be happy as shyt to be around kids...everytime you see Jesus with a child it's on his lap.... :lolbron:

Billie Jean

everything I did wrong...worked.
Daps
Reppin
Neverland
Yes, exactly!

Correct by scientific definitions, life is easy to prove.

But on a more philosophical/metaphysical sense, Life is not provable by physical observation.

I'll have to think of a way to explain how to say it, but one way to consider it for the time being is this:

"Can you put Life into a wheelbarrow or a jar?"

Not living cells, or cells with Life in them. But Life itself?

I admittedly know very little about science, so I'm probably out of line saying this, but I think Science yields a limited definition of life being "An organism that is alive is something that has a respiratory system and can reproduce etc"

What about volcanoes that are active? There are dormant volcanoes too. So could it be said that some volcanoes are alive while others are not?

Or what about astronomical objects? There are stars that are alive and active (our sun for instance, which we wouldn't be alive if it wasn't). Maybe I'm wrong, but the Sun doesn't have a respiratory system nor does it reproduce. So can it be considered alive?

The scientific definition, to me, is hyper-focused on the human experience in their definition of life. Makes sense, since humans are the one conducting scientific experiments and defining the rules and laws. But that's similar to how many religious leaders and organizations interpret God as some bearded guy in the sky throwing lightning bolts at sinners imo. :yeshrug:
Life discussion would be less interesting without philosophers :obama:

But u stressing me out comparing the scientific method to religious leaders:damn:

Science is obsessed with evidence. Thats it. You make a hypotheses and runs some tests. The tests prove whats real and not. Thats the scientific method. It cant make up random rules. We literally have to watch the universe and write down the rules that exist.

And all them other object you mentioned are non living things in basically. Sun,moon,water,sand and so on

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Life discussion would be less interesting without philosophers :obama:

But u stressing me out comparing the scientific method to religious leaders:damn:

Science is obsessed with evidence. Thats it. You make a hypotheses and runs some tests. The tests prove whats real and not. Thats the scientific method. It cant make up random rules. We literally have to watch the universe and write down the rules that exist.

And all them other object you mentioned are non living things in basically. Sun,moon,water,sand and so on
Science does very well with physical, observable objects. It is straightforward, and I agree that they can't (and shouldn't) make up random rules. With that said, there are many questions that science cannot even attempt to answer due to those standards.

Also, the process of observation and analysis isn't purely physical. Yes, the observation of certain phenomena/ is physical (using the sense of sight primarily, sometimes with other physical senses depending on what's being studied). But the analysis happens on a mental level. Whether the mind is just a phenomena of brain processes activating all at once, or if it is its own entity, it is hard to argue that the process of discernment is not subjective to the scientist observing what they're studying.

The process of observation of object/phenomena is external and objective. The ability to reason and come to a conclusion happens internally and is subjective.

In short, as much as scientists strive to be as objective and clinical as possible, their observations are still filtered or tainted through their lens and understanding of the world. So in that sense, scientist do make up the rules. It may not be random, but they are constructing the definition of the way the world works based on what they see. Yet that definition and understanding is just a construct of the mind. The actual phenomena exists independently of whether we can understand it or not.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
The 'devil' is not part of Jewish theology.
why do you think Gentiles hold on to it as a trope?
CreamyWillingAztecant-max-1mb.gif
giphy.gif

what purpose does it serve to say..."I did not do these things, this creature that thou put me with did it!"