Why is the devil intelligent?

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Yes, and on the subject of dreams with the belief I have about God being an Intangible Source of Life, many significant events in the Torah (Exodus for instance) occur in dreams.

When we sleep and dream, we have some experience that is less tangible than physical experience, so we don't consider it "real" since there is such an identification with physical reality as the ultimate reality. Yet, if the essence of God is more intangible than tangible, then our physical forms would be more receptive to connecting with it in a physical dream experience than in the physical world.

In many eastern philosophies, what is considered real is what is permanent and what is considered unreal is temporary. This physical world is temporary: our bodies, our careers, our identities, our day to day experiences, etc. Thus, by that definition, this physical existence is just and unreal as our dreams.

The main difference between physical waking existence and a dream is that we can make choices when awake. Yet, you could argue that many people don't really make choices in our waking existence. They are on auto-pilot or just do things they think they like, but only like it because of conditioning from outside sources or society (Internet jargon would use the term NPC's, yet we all do it to some degree).
you know you're on to something more profound than you realize

from my perspective we live in a fractal (I believe @Complexion said something similar in another thread) where Genesis is the origin of the fractal

so the "physical" reality that you believe is objective could just be the one where most people can probabilistically share

but it doesn't necessarily negate the possibility of other branches that you are either not aware of or cannot see at the same time as this one

Mandelbrot_Animation0.gif

so from our vantage point reality seems linear, but from God's POV it could be much more varied and we might actually exist in other places and are just unaware of it.

IE at the highest level of Egyptian thought. You are always a fetus and the only other living creature is the umbilical cord that nourishes you...what you perceive as life is illusion

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

Billie Jean

everything I did wrong...worked.
Daps
Reppin
Neverland

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
interesting take breh. The bolded tho. Science can prove life by observing chemical elements and atoms and repeating tests.
Do you mean science can prove an organism is alive/living through observation and testing?

If so, yes of course life in an organism can be proven.

What I meant though is can if prove Life? Like Life itself. Like what is it actually? Animals and humans are "alive" by a certain set of standards. Plants have another. The ability to think and make choices are elements of human life that animals don't have. Yet we consider them alive as long as their bodies are functioning. Is having an active physical form the definition of Life/being Alive? If so, why don't we consider rocks as being alive? They maintain physical form longer than humans, animals, and plants.

I guess it's hard to verbalize what I'm asking here, but what I mean when I say "how do you prove life?" isn't the same as "how do you prove an organism is alive?" What I'm asking is how can you actually define what Life actually IS, and how would you be able to prove that definition.

Pretty much in how the debate between atheists and theists revolve around Science being able to disprove or prove the existence of God (with the current state of that debate up in the air, despite select individuals from each side saying otherwise).

My head is hurting trying to put to words what I mean by "What is Life" because it's kind of abstract. Basically, just saying that Life is something that's alive doesn't pierce the core of what I'm trying to say here. Going back to what you said about science being able to observe it, thus proving it, I'd say that science can observe and test signs of life, but that's not quite I mean when I'm talking about "Life itself".

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Yes, and on the subject of dreams with the belief I have about God being an Intangible Source of Life, many significant events in the Torah (Exodus for instance) occur in dreams.

When we sleep and dream, we have some experience that is less tangible than physical experience, so we don't consider it "real" since there is such an identification with physical reality as the ultimate reality. Yet, if the essence of God is more intangible than tangible, then our physical forms would be more receptive to connecting with it in a physical dream experience than in the physical world.

In many eastern philosophies, what is considered real is what is permanent and what is considered unreal is temporary. This physical world is temporary: our bodies, our careers, our identities, our day to day experiences, etc. Thus, by that definition, this physical existence is just and unreal as our dreams.

The main difference between physical waking existence and a dream is that we can make choices when awake. Yet, you could argue that many people don't really make choices in our waking existence. They are on auto-pilot or just do things they think they like, but only like it because of conditioning from outside sources or society (Internet jargon would use the term NPC's, yet we all do it to some degree).
Funny you mentioned this because I JUST saw a clip of some sam harris podcast/interview where he said ppl mis-translate/interpret the buddhist saying that reality is suffering. He said it's close to reality is unsatisfactory because it is always changing and not permanent. Our awareness, our consciousness is more fixed/permanent so then that is what we should be holding onto.

@MMS

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
you know you're on to something more profound than you realize

from my perspective we live in a fractal (I believe @Complexion said something similar in another thread) where Genesis is the origin of the fractal

so the "physical" reality that you believe is objective could just be the one where most people can probabilistically share

but it doesn't necessarily negate the possibility of other branches that you are either not aware of or cannot see at the same time as this one

Mandelbrot_Animation0.gif

so from our vantage point reality seems linear, but from God's POV it could be much more varied and we might actually exist in other places and are just unaware of it.

IE at the highest level of Egyptian thought. You are always a fetus and the only other living creature is the umbilical cord that nourishes you...what you perceive as life is illusion

Good points. I know very little about Fractals besides the fact that I think they look dope so I'll have to look more into that analogy. But from what I know about them, that analogy makes sense.

Also need to look into Apep too.

But the bolded definitely resonates with me. If everything is the emanation of an origin point known as "God" it would have an Infinite about of POV's and individual experiences. Yet, at the same time, I view as the totality of all those individual POV's to form a collective POV which I consider to be God.

As that saying goes, "It is everything and it is nothing, it is no thing (no one thing)".

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Funny you mentioned this because I JUST saw a clip of some sam harris podcast/interview where he said ppl mis-translate/interpret the buddhist saying that reality is suffering. He said it's close to reality is unsatisfactory because it is always changing and not permanent. Our awareness, our consciousness is more fixed/permanent so then that is what we should be holding onto.

@MMS
Yes, the suffering comes from the desire to preserve and crystalize what is constantly changing and evolving. It's actually, when you think about it, a mental illness to do so, since it's literally impossible to preserve these material things (including things like intelligence, relationships, careers, etc.).

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

@MMS
indeed an interesting take from the Quran is that "Satan" is a being of pure fire

but from the POV of Abraham he is thrown into the fire yet escapes unharmed. Which would in essence make him also a being of fire.

the light of the Chaldeans is where most people will really unlock the true narrative in Genesis and put away the childish takes (no offense)

to me, the fact that God is over so many kinds of beings and still breathes life into them gives me strength every day. Its easy to get lost in the sauce

IE the spirit of blood on the surface seems like an icky thing, but underneath that blood is Heme.. A mighty molecule that does a job that keeps us alive. It carries one Oxygen and delivers it, and then goes back to gather some more. Not much unlike Moses racing Ramesses in the temple of Ra and always destroying one statue

heme-l-ball.gif

people who lick blood, they approach a singularity that eats them. One at a time :umad:

Billie Jean

everything I did wrong...worked.
Daps
Reppin
Neverland
Do you mean science can prove an organism is alive/living through observation and testing?

If so, yes of course life in an organism can be proven.

What I meant though is can if prove Life? Like Life itself. Like what is it actually? Animals and humans are "alive" by a certain set of standards. Plants have another. The ability to think and make choices are elements of human life that animals don't have. Yet we consider them alive as long as their bodies are functioning. Is having an active physical form the definition of Life/being Alive? If so, why don't we consider rocks as being alive? They maintain physical form longer than humans, animals, and plants.

I guess it's hard to verbalize what I'm asking here, but what I mean when I say "how do you prove life?" isn't the same as "how do you prove an organism is alive?" What I'm asking is how can you actually define what Life actually IS, and how would you be able to prove that definition.

Pretty much in how the debate between atheists and theists revolve around Science being able to disprove or prove the existence of God (with the current state of that debate up in the air, despite select individuals from each side saying otherwise).

My head is hurting trying to put to words what I mean by "What is Life" because it's kind of abstract. Basically, just saying that Life is something that's alive doesn't pierce the core of what I'm trying to say here. Going back to what you said about science being able to observe it, thus proving it, I'd say that science can observe and test signs of life, but that's not quite I mean when I'm talking about "Life itself".
I don't understand what you mean by Life. But I appreciate the effort :russ:

You seem to be looking for a spiritual and metaphysical definition to tie it all together,which takes more searching obviously

Iirc,in science it's more straightforward. An organism that is alive is something that has a respiratory system and can reproduce etc. Life itself is just a bunch of the same chemical elements found in everything. So everything is split in 'living' and 'non living' things i.e the rock that you mentioned.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
indeed an interesting take from the Quran is that "Satan" is a being of pure fire

but from the POV of Abraham he is thrown into the fire yet escapes unharmed. Which would in essence make him also a being of fire.

the light of the Chaldeans is where most people will really unlock the true narrative in Genesis and put away the childish takes (no offense)

to me, the fact that God is over so many kinds of beings and still breathes life into them gives me strength every day. Its easy to get lost in the sauce

IE the spirit of blood on the surface seems like an icky thing, but underneath that blood is Heme.. A mighty molecule that does a job that keeps us alive. It carries one Oxygen and delivers it, and then goes back to gather some more. Not much unlike Moses racing Ramesses in the temple of Ra and always destroying one statue

heme-l-ball.gif

people who lick blood, they approach a singularity that eats them. One at a time :umad:

There's an old metaphysical book from the early or mid 20th century i forget that actually spoke about what you say here. If you ever feel low etc, to remember that God has given life to so many things (everything) and to remove judgement to fully grasp this. From the roach to the elephant. I'm paraphrasing and butchering it but it was a really beautiful passage.