Why is HL weaker than ktl???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And the amount of smilies should be limited in this section, this is not the lockers room where more smilies are posted than words. Please limit it to one for each post for that special occasion.
::whoa::whoa::whoa::ufdup:

A picture is worth a 1000 words.

Exactly...for example

:obamaword:
MeachTheMonster said:
You guys have a tendency to gang up on people and call them stupid if they disagree with you.

:manny:

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
What i'm seeing in here is a lot of people complaining about agendas and this and that. Not surprisingly, almost none of the people complaining about it are providing material for discussion or viewpoints themselves. Instead of bytching like a little faggit about the consensus bullying you or liberals this and that why don't you effectively argue your viewpoint, or post content of your own? You're allowed to essentially post whatever you feel like here in the first place.

:umad:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
i think HL is kind of a slow burn. Every so often we get participation from other people here in this board, but the problem is reactionary posts hold a little less weight here. On a lot of subjects the responses need to have at least a modicum of thought otherwise they will be shot down with the quickness and no one wants to have their intellectuallism questioned by dozens of online entities. But actually I think Higher Learning is a little better than KTL, imo. I think the arguments (for the most part) are a bit more balanced and both sides of the arguments have a tendency to make better points allowing for greater overall depth in discussion.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
If you can only back up your opinions with gut feelings and emotions STAY THE fukk OUT OF HIGHER LEARNING.

The best posters and discussions in this sub-forum involve facts and some sort of evidence to support viewpoints. Don't be mad if people dismiss your idiocy. We don't have to give credence to cretins. If your shyt is not grounded in reality or common sense GTFOH.

BTW, BarNone is actually a pretty good mod. HL does'nt have that much fukkery so it's better to be a little hands off anyways.

And is'nt that what a lot of you want? Less government involvement :mjpls:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
i think HL is kind of a slow burn. Every so often we get participation from other people here in this board, but the problem is reactionary posts hold a little less weight here. On a lot of subjects the responses need to have at least a modicum of thought otherwise they will be shot down with the quickness and no one wants to have their intellectuallism questioned by dozens of online entities. But actually I think Higher Learning is a little better than KTL, imo. I think the arguments (for the most part) are a bit more balanced and both sides of the arguments have a tendency to make better points allowing for greater overall depth in discussion.

Well yeah that's the point of this section. I don't see why people get mad, when their claims are attacked.

A34L60-CcAEsrCa.jpg:large

Then cats try to debuild onto some pseudo-logic. Question what theories, laws & principles are.When the premise of an analytical discussion is to keep on building similar perspectives, in an attempt to construct more innovative concepts.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't see much difference between the two. Sometimes topics tend to devolve into repetitive group think but that is to be expected when the overall opinions of the majority of posters tend to be so similar.
Also the election season has kind of lowered the bar with people being more focused on cheerleading than actually engaging in discussion.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Well yeah that's the point of this section. I don't see why people get mad, when their claims are attacked.

Then cats try to debuild onto some pseudo-logic. Question what theories, laws & principles are.When the premise of an analytical discussion is to keep on building similar perspectives, in an attempt to construct more innovative concepts.

they always fall back to some weak-sauce shyt like "there's no point in trying to explain it to you brainwashed sheeple"

they all turn into Mitt Romney with the "well I don't have time to explain the details of my mystery plan..."

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

A34L60-CcAEsrCa.jpg:large

I was insulted and called stupid because I said that the big bang theory is still being worked on and is being challenged by many scientists. I backed this up with sound proof, and y'all stills cliqued up on me and called me stupid.

You guys are in this thread trying to act all civil and reasonable, but I reality you are very intolerant of differing opinions.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I was insulted and called stupid because I said that the big bang theory is still being worked on and is being challenged by many scientists. I backed this up with sound proof, and y'all stills cliqued up on me and called me stupid.

You guys are in this thread trying to act all civil and reasonable, but I reality you are very intolerant of differing opinions.

this thread?

http://www.the-coli.com/higher-learning/30165-question-atheists.html#.UJVny8XA_h4

where were you "insulted and called stupid"?

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

Different strokes for different folks, there's no guaranteed protection from the onslaught of differing opinions, feel free to up the thread.

(Me personally, I remember the thread, but i was :troll: on vacation)

With that said, much of "space" is uncertain. Sort of like the chicken and the egg analogy. What came first a massive "supernova" or "fusion". Overwhelming, the "big bang theory" is the most widely accepted concept, note that not every scientist is in an agreement, but most do. Does it make it right? Technically no, but we're at, where, we're at as far understanding goes.

A prime example of being wrong is, Percival Lowell:
Percival Lowell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Reading back through that thread multiple people did come in and try to frame me as stupid or misinformed. The evidence I provided was ignored, and no one tried to
keep on building similar perspectives, in an attempt to construct more innovative concepts.

I and my ideals were bashed, when my argument was no more or less valid than anyone else's.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
(Me personally, I remember the thread, but i was :troll: on vacation)
:usure:

*stops reading here*
:shaq2::ufdup:

*continues reading braces self for tremendous ether*

:eat:

This is what you said in the thread. Without trying to read and really understand what I was saying. You framed me as misinformed and sicked the goons on me.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Reading back through that thread multiple people did come in and try to frame me as stupid or misinformed. The evidence I provided was ignored, and no one tried to

I and my ideals were bashed, when my argument was no more or less valid than anyone else's.

seems like some people didn't agree with you, and then at the end you got on your high-horse about being more 'open minded' and 'thinking outside the box'

Status
Not open for further replies.