Why is HL weaker than ktl???

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
I wonder if KOSH will make it over... the problem with a wolfish forum like Sohh/Coli is that we avoid making off-board personal relationships so when someone disappears for a while nobody can just be like "i checked their fb they're just living their life" or drop them a note that we've moved over to this site

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I wonder if KOSH will make it over... the problem with a wolfish forum like Sohh/Coli is that we avoid making off-board personal relationships so when someone disappears for a while nobody can just be like "i checked their fb they're just living their life" or drop them a note that we've moved over to this site

He showed up at the beginning but he didn't come back. I can't blame him. He's should focus totally on academics.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
I was a lurker on the KTL forums, but I definitely miss the spirituality threads that were on that forum. Too much conspiracy threads here for my liking.

Darth Nubian

I bought my first Ki from my baby momma brother
Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
You can explicitly express your dislike of white people here. The main agitators from KTL don't really want those problems.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
what sucks is we can't ever get into a conversation about anything 'deep' because so many here disagree with the most basic principles

it's like I might as well not bother talking about something like evolutionary psychology, when I know the conversation's just gonna get derailed by some "we didn't come from monkeys" shyt

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I dont know what ktl is, but I'd say there's too much liberal dikkriding here. You guys have a tendency to gang up on people and call them stupid if they disagree with you.

Honestly I don't see to much learning in the "Higher Learning" sub-forum. Just a bunch of people calling each other stupid about the same topics.

we don't gang up on ppl for disagreeing with us

we gang up on ppl for, as @zerozero said, disagreeing with basic general principles

Last edited by a moderator:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

we gang up on ppl for, as @zerozero said, disagreeing with basic general principles

"basic general principles" are up to individual interpretation like everything else. You're truth may differ from others.

Your statement just proves you are intolerant of others opinions

zerozero

Superstar
Daps

nah to clarify my first post in here people stroll in here and are genuinely stupid sometimes, like they can't argue or start personally beefing. What I'm saying is that contrary to my expectations, increasing participation isn't necessarily a good thing, people have to come in here ready to type full sentences and think things through

there is a clique of sorts in here but it's not like they (we?) can force you to stop posting... just deal with the reasonable responses and ignore the rest. (easier said than done I know.)

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
trolls and idiots are allowed to run amok...

lot of conspiracy threads and their ilk.

It's not very different from ktl

More people need to post interesting topics it can't always be the crew from ktl putting in work.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
nah to clarify my first post in here people stroll in here and are genuinely stupid sometimes, like they can't argue or start personally beefing. What I'm saying is that contrary to my expectations, increasing participation isn't necessarily a good thing, people have to come in here ready to type full sentences and think things through

there is a clique of sorts in here but it's not like they (we?) can force you to stop posting... just deal with the reasonable responses and ignore the rest. (easier said than done I know.)

The thing is I don't think there really isn't any clique, just posters who are like-minded in their worldview, who naturally are going to make similar arguments on most matters discussed here because of how their thought process is. The KTL/HL "clique" is much less that than any other subforum on this site or :hamster:

Obviously the most prominent presence here are posters who tend to be liberal, nonreligious, and scientifically-literate, and I would be in that category.

But if for example, somebody posts something denying evolution, then several posters rebut that, how is that not just people of similar opinions just saying what they feel? It's not like there's some kind of teamup effort, or a bunch of dudes just dikkriding each other and ganging up. I make my arguments and they speak for themselves. I don't call in anyone for an assist and nobody does that to me.

There is less cliquishness in HL than in the Coliseum, TLR, JBO, or The Booth, where there's ton of threads is full of dudes slobbing all over each other talking about "so-and-so is da gawd!" and all this and that, and literally forming e-crews and shyt.

The people who talk all this stuff about HL cliques and elites and stuff are usually just salty posters who feel a certain way because they can't logically argue their positions very well.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
true true. Actually I chilled out significantly in my problems with atheist KTLers once I started seeing specific posters as having their own identities rather than just mixing everyone together.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
"basic general principles" are up to individual interpretation like everything else. You're truth may differ from others.

Your statement just proves you are intolerant of others opinions

dude if they're basic general principles... they aren't up for an individual's interpretation. if you want to post wrong shyt without being challenged with by facts, post in TLR.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
dude if they're basic general principles... they aren't up for an individual's interpretation. if you want to post wrong shyt without being challenged with by facts, post in TLR.

Not necessarily true. I don't want to post wrong shyt, and a lot of times things aren't challenged with facts, just a bunch of name calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.